hobiee

Kenda Parker dt

Low pressure - High Speeds - Sharp Rocks = Trashed Tires?

Hard to argue with the history of good results on off-road tires.

Other than tread pattern, what are the construction differences between Off-road and DOT tires?

unsure.gifunsure.gif

I would love to know the real answer to this question....it seems the 606 is more difficult to install because of the stiff carcass yet I get more pinch flats with it than with non-dot tires. Anything less than 16 psi in the rear and 18 psi in the front and I am guaranteed to get a flat. I would speculate it has something to do with the way the tire collapses (dot compared to non dot) when you hit something hard.

I'm totally with you guys on buying local...not just for MC parts either, I will pay more to help the local businesses. We even have a NO WALMART policy in my household.

Huh.

Never run a 606 much above 13psi, never had a pinch flat in those tires.

Paul, your and definitely my Velocity is (I'm willing to bet lunch) somewhat lower than HotRod.

After-all, my online persona is Bagstr not HotRod. laugh.giflaugh.gif

True.

But what I lack in speed, I make up for in volume. Suited up, I'm over 260.

I would never dare run them at any higher pressure. They felt like they had 80 psi in them at that setting. :rolleyes:

I would never dare run them at any higher pressure. They felt like they had 80 psi in them at that setting. :rolleyes:

Guys, i work at Motoworld and we are listening to customers who call us on tire brands, models etc. If there is something you want and we don't have it, we can usually order it for you and we will get as close as possible to online prices. We also will stock tires that we get repeated requests for. So, bottom line just ask if we can match the tire price you find. If we can we will or get as close as we can.

I like to run the Dunlop d739at desert terrain tires over the 606, but the 739 is not dot approved. They hold up well, last a long time and I have never had a pinch flat with them.

I have asked how much a tire is at particular shops then would say..."wow _____ _____ online has it for $x less. How do they do that?" That gives them the chance to sell me their tire. Whether it be labor or ???.

Also, some shops are more discouraged when I bring in a tire I bought online and have them install. They give me the sense that I didn't even give them the chance to try and sell me a tire.

So, I have a personal rule....if I bought the tire online...I install the tire.

So about three months ago i was given a set of the new Kenda Parker dot legal dual sport tires to test out and give my opinion. Well i have finally gotten a chance to put some real miles on them and i have to say i am VERY impressed. I just returned from putting them through the paces in the arizona desert on nasty rocky terrain and also some street miles as well. The rear is still in great shape and has held up remarkably well for a very aggressively tread tire. Offroad traction is superb on all terrain from sand to complete rock. I am especially happy with the front, it will become my go to knobby front for a long time coming. The front tire is stuck to the ground (when it actually touches :roll eyes: ) point and shoot and the tire tracks perfect and predictable. I have about 550 miles on them now and it looks like 1000 is not out of reach at all for the rear and much more for the front. They are a bit slippery on the tarmac in the beginning but once broken in they perform just like any other knobby. I am very happy with these tires. I would say they are a great buy and i will be adding them to the line up. Still love the mt43 but for a knobby these will be my choice.

Kenda K775 Parker Desert Terrain Rear Tire

Kenda K774 Parker Desert Terrain Front Tire

It's desert season and my current tires (Pirelli Scorpion FIM & MT43) are smoked from all my AZ. riding this Summer/Fall.

I ordered a set of the Kenda Parker DTs from Motorcycle Superstore for $125, inclusive of free shipping. They oughta be here in the next couple of days. I used the Kenda Carlsbads ~10-15yrs ago......but they wore out too fast, they weren't DOT, and then they were discontinued.......the Parker's have used the same pattern as the Carlsbads since 2011 with a new compound that's supposed to be longer lasting.......I haven't gone back to them until now.....what the hell, I'll roll the dice for ~$125........The MT43 has been my go-to rear tire for years (and it'll remain my "go to" tire in the summer months on technical terrain on the 300)........that said, I'm looking forward to having new/aggressive knobbies on the 350 once again......just in time for holiday-season-desert-riding/sliding.....

Enduro 360 review by Chilly: http://www.enduro360.com/2010/12/22/products-tested/product-tests/kenda-parker-dt-tire-review/

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/71223/i/kenda-k772-parker-desert-terrain-front-tire

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/71224/i/kenda-k772-parker-desert-terrain-rear-tire

Looks like you started a buying frenzy... Front and rear are unavailable in my size

They ran out of fronts right after I ordered......the front tire oughta show up tomorrow (rear tire showed up yesterday). I wish Rocky Mtn ATV carried these tires......better inventory mgmt/faster delivery.....same free shipping....