X-country-Rider

Big Bike ride and camping trip May 5th and 6th

We just hit 50 riders!!

From 30 something to 50 to ...... where we going next???

Haha no, I meant where as in location where.

Wow! 50 came fast! Will be interesting herding all us cats! Maybe we should have just ordered a shite ton of group Yurts and sherpas.laugh.gif

Haha no, I meant where as in location where.

We are thinking Joshua Tree in the fall but we need a summer ride in late July or early August. We could reverse the Idyllwild route and do it backwards?

We are thinking Joshua Tree in the fall but we need a summer ride in late July or early August. We could reverse the Idyllwild route and do it backwards?

Edit: We do need a south county ride though something with Otay Mountain truck trail and Mother grundy.

but we need a summer ride in late July or early August. We could reverse the Idyllwild route and do it backwards?

Edit: We do need a south county ride though something with Otay Mountain truck trail and Mother grundy.

I agree about going south - Consider camping up at Laguna Campgrounds - should be cooler. I checked their site and no groups sites but about 40+ sites available on Sat. 7/21 as an example. $20 per site (plus a booking fee of $9) up to 8 people and 2 vehicles (surcharge for more vehicles). Has real shitters and pay showers.

http://www.reserveam...o&parkCode=lagn

What time do ou think that you would be departing the campground in Idlywild? I live in that area and would be interested in being #51 and joining just for the 2nd day from Idlywild to Warner Springs area. I've ridden with KKug and a few others when they were up in that area last year and look forward to meet more of the SDAR riders.

What time do ou think that you would be departing the campground in Idlywild? I live in that area and would be interested in being #51 and joining just for the 2nd day from Idlywild to Warner Springs area. I've ridden with KKug and a few others when they were up in that area last year and look forward to meet more of the SDAR riders.

On our last camping ride we rolled out around 0900.

On our last camping ride we rolled out around 0900.

With the hangovers that sounds about right. :sleeping_02:

I just talked to Packard's and they said that she will have an extra girl working Sat morning AND if you mention my name (Arnie) they will give you 10% off any coffee drink (not plain coffee).

FYI - I didn't have anything to do with deciding where the meeting place was to be for this ride but since I know the owners I asked for a little help for you guys that drink coffee with your little pinky in the air. I ride a klr so fancy coffee's are not an option for me...bread and water budget only. :D

If anyone wants to be in the Hell On Wheels group, please let me know by Thursday so I can shuffle the groups. I will make the final adjustments on Thursday at 7 PM, so get your requests in now!

-B!

P.S. At 50 riders, is this still considered an informal local ride? :-) Nice work building this thing up Craig. Our own Paul Revere!

Brad and I are out. thanks though

I saw our names on a list you had posted.

On the way to get the tagOrama tag around 0830 I saw

3 individual attendees...

1st yellow drz lightly packed on 67

2nd red BMW with panniers on scripps poway parkw.

And finally also on 67 something Orange with black Dakar tank.. he was in a hurry...

Hope all goes well.

D.

Home. Thanks all for a great ride. If it weren't for Roger I woulda had to let my mtn house cook in my belly! Great trails and not cleaning the mud off my steed and doing fork seals AGAIN!

Had a great time - met a lot of cool people, drank a lot of beer, saw some awesome trails, saw a crappy campfire.... fun all around. I'm going to start a thread in Ride Reports where everyone can throw up photos.