HelloMrSoul

Greetings from a NOOB

Greetings!

I live in Canyon Lake but because my wife doesn't have a boob job we have few friends here... Lived in Iowa By The Sea, errr, I mean San Diego for about 12 years from 1993 to 2004 meaning Del Mar Beach Colony, Leucadia, San Marcos, and Rainbow. Used to ride several days a week from our Rainbow ranch. Then moved to Sonoma for 5 years and now in Canyon Lake. Am 52 and been riding since about 1966. First bike was a Tote Goat, then CT70, '69YG5T, '70AT1, IT200, RM250, CX650T, VF500, VF750, FJ1200, and so forth. Favorite rides were on the back of my dad's 1967 Yamaha 250 Big Bear Scrambler.

Am currently riding a plated 1X XR650R at about 30% of its potential, a plated KDX200 at 90% of its potential, am building another plated 1X XR650R, and planning to build a plated YZ250 2smoker in a year or two. Built the XRR originally for racing V2R but then having kids changed my plans and I modified the bike to use on long multi-day point A to point B camping/fishing rides through the hi-Dez eastern Sierra of nor Cal, nor Nevada, eastern Oregon and so forth. These long rides are popular in nor Cal as the riding is quite different up there; for example an XRR is considered a small bike up in the PNW. Then, because of an illness my oldest daughter had we moved back to So Cal. Instead of converting the XRR back to So Cal style I'm building another 1X style bike from the box of spares I have from the PC's Team Honda XR650R program.

Have ridden most of the low Dez and most of the high Dez - can't get enough of the hi-Dez basin and range country. I like to use the KDX for the mountains and the XRR for the long distance stuff. Not much interest in Baja as I've seem enough of it in the 1000. Do have alot of interest in riding all of the American SW especially AZ, NM and Colorado.

I use either my dually, or my wife's 4Runner plus an open dirt bike trailer to get out there so I can help someone else get out there too. Prefer as little asphalt riding as possible, zero is ideal.

Am from LA so not easily offended. Joined this club because AdvRider seems to have lost the original core group of enthusiasts (many seem to be on The HUBB now) and they've been replaced with narcissists who spend all their time posing, posturing, and waxing poetic about their internet balls thus worthy content is becoming ever more difficult to locate.

As far as rumors go I categorically deny fathering any of Michael Jackson's children. The proof is in the pudding as I inherited my sterility from both of my parents who were also sterile.

Oh yeah, I am a good cook.

sterility runs in the family

awesome

welcome- Canyon Lake... where everybody has motorcycles and nobody can ride them... drove me NUTS to visit my mom when she lived there

welcome

Mmmmm....Canyon Lake....bass fishing....er, I mean welcome aboard! ^_^

Wow you've been on 2 wheels a while. My first bike was my 2009 G650. Where the heck is Canyon Lake?

Welcome,

So, you've been around long enough to learn how to write well.

See you at the trail head.

Oh, hello Mr. Soul,

I dropped by

to pick up a reason

For the thought that I caught

that my head

is the event of the season

Why in crowds just a trace

of my face

could seem so pleasin'

I'll cop out to the change,

but a stranger

is putting the tease on.

Guest Crusty

We call it The Canyon lake Swingers Club.

Some good riders live there.

I did time there, building the Paris Sheriffs-coroners office in 1998

Gave up surfing for a while but the tracks around there were awesome.

(Paris, Star west, Lake Elsinore)

How was the LEGP today.

Hope to ride with you soon.

Craig

Welcome to the group!

Is it true you can't ride a bike in the Canyon Lake community?

Mmmmm....Canyon Lake....bass fishing....er, I mean welcome aboard! ^_^

Wow you've been on 2 wheels a while. My first bike was my 2009 G650. Where the heck is Canyon Lake?

Canyon Lake is in south Riverside County between the alcoholics (Lake Elsinore) and the meth tweekers (Perris). It's a water ski community. One of five gated cities in the US. It's pretty active and I am raising my daughters to be outdoor cats so this will do nicely for awhile.

Oh, hello Mr. Soul,

I dropped by

to pick up a reason

For the thought that I caught

that my head

is the event of the season

Why in crowds just a trace

of my face

could seem so pleasin'

I'll cop out to the change,

but a stranger

is putting the tease on.

I was down on a frown when the messenger brought me a letter

I was raised by the praise of a fan who said I upset her

Any girl in the world could have easily known me better

She said, You're strange, but don't change, and I let her.

sterility runs in the family

awesome

welcome- Canyon Lake... where everybody has motorcycles and nobody can ride them... drove me NUTS to visit my mom when she lived there

welcome

It's an odd place. But at least there ain't no damn hogs waking us up at 5am on their way to sit in line on the 91.

We call it The Canyon lake Swingers Club.

Some good riders live there.

I did time there, building the Paris Sheriffs-coroners office in 1998

Gave up surfing for a while but the tracks around there were awesome.

(Paris, Star west, Lake Elsinore)

How was the LEGP today.

Hope to ride with you soon.

Craig

I think the swingers thing was the 70s when the place was mainly a weekenders spot. I grew up going to Parker (got a pic of me in a crib there in '59). We never came to CL so I wouldn't really have first hand facts. I know the city was in a documentary made in the UK about drunken slutty narcissistic gated American cities.

To be fair I doubt there was much to it. Having lived and worked in the midwest and Alaska for awhile I found perversion was much more common in the sticks than in LA. And I find it difficult to believe any place was wilder than Parker was in 1960s through the 1980s. I don't think the Strip had any in rules in the 70s.

Welcome...

even though I have never found the existence of Souls very convincing.

Between you and our official Literati (Piratemonkey) the board may become an even more entertaining read.

I know Canyon Lake, my wife is a teacher in Lake Elsinore. We have a few friends there. It is not such a bad place.

As for first rides...mine was a 1954 Cushman motor scooter. Yes I am older than most riders here and I ride

HONDA XLs.

Zenosan (Don)

I agree.

But can we, Don, at least agree about soul's Godfather?

26brown.xlarge1.jpg

Welcome...

Between you and our official Literati (Piratemonkey) the board may become an even more entertaining read.

I know Canyon Lake, my wife is a teacher in Lake Elsinore. We have a few friends there. It is not such a bad place.

As for first rides...mine was a 1954 Cushman motor scooter. Yes I am older than most riders here and I ride

HONDA XLs.

Zenosan (Don)

Ha! I also try to lead a fact based life balanced with an understanding that the real challenge in life is living in full knowledge of my own ignorance. Libraries are filled with the smallest fragments of what I do not know. IMHO, Hemingway imagined it best with his Iceberg Theory of Fiction. Whenever I know I have it all figured out I tell my wife I really need a vacation. My login is from the Neil Young song which I find to be very appropriate in our age of narcissism.

My oldest goes to Tuscany Hills Elementary. Seems like a good school - bit too much focused on testing and too little focused on the Arts perhaps. I worry the disciplines will be treated so topically there will be little of the depth that fosters critical thinking. So many companies trying to get on the public tit dollar these days that schools seem to be becoming big business and Education is just a small part of what goes on there. Still, if there are careers in the future for people to take tests all day I think my girls will excel!

There's an email newsletter from Throttleyard.com (same guy as bringatrailer.com) that often has interesting bikes. You might find it worthy. The photos often stir up some ghosts for me. I sorta consider my XRR to be the final step in the evolution of Honda's grand engineered line of XLs and XRs. I have an attachment to the XRRs the way some guys do to the CR and KX 500s.

Looking forward to riding with you Don.

Cheers,

Pat

I'd reply with something intelligent as I see others have, but as usual, I'm outmatched.

See you on the trail.

I agree.

But can we, Don, at least agree about soul's Godfather?

26brown.xlarge1.jpg

I FEEL GOOD ... agreeing with that one Paul.

We had front row seats at his last concert at Pala, and I rarely go to concerts.

I'd reply with something intelligent as I see others have, but as usual, I'm outmatched.

See you on the trail.

a man's got to know his limitations

See you on the trail.

a man's got to know his limitations

Bob

What's with the new avitar? Are you an Avitar Slut also?

Somebody told me she hates "the most interesting man in the world...which, on the surface seems impossible, but she assures me its true

She turns off the radio is Dos Equis commercials come on

Turns the tv channel if she sees his face

Tears pages from the magazines in the dentists office if the have an ad

She won't eat in Mexican restaurants, lest she sees his pictures

In short- she doesn't like his face

So- I replaced him with a picture of Cody- my cody not randy's...

Avatars are like underwear- they should be changed once a year