Hi all,

after 5 miles of pavement and 2 miles of dirt, she is home...she is 450 strong (~50 hp), 250 lbs, 35'5" tall (after some lowering), very fast, very cooperative, and ..........................she is orange :D...2007 450 exc from All American KTM in Romona (they know the bike). Cold start was well E or Kick.

Papa is very happy and ready ro breake her in gently ...

Papa.

Congratulations on your new bike!! :D It's always fun getting a new bike, and having a high performance light enduro is even more fun!! :D

Congratulations Alex! The way you have been improving on that yellow 2 wheeled tank of yours, I'm sure we'll only be seeing an ORANGE blur as you fly by now on your skinny little "Ready To Race" sex machine :D

Where to first? :D

Add one more pumpkin to the patch, congrats alex. :D

You picked a great bike! Often wish my lc4 was 50 lbs lighter. Should be a gas, specially with the power you have. Enjoy! and congrats!

Good choice :D The KTM will be easier to find aftermarket supplies for and modify than the Husqvarna. Now, I can't wait for you to break it inso I can try it out!

:D

Wow Alex!!! So much for going inexpensive and short seat! Congratulations! Let me know when you're broken in and ready to start modding.

Time to get it all dirty. It'll feel like a mountain bike comared to your DR (although that seat will make your butt sore on longer rides - just stand up).

Let's see some pictures!!!!

Yes we must have some pics!!!! How did they lower it, different links, shim the shock? Ken

Congrat's......you've seen the light.....or should I say Orange glow :D

2 miles of dirt and 5 miles of pavement.....are you one of my neighbors out in the Country Estates?

Fred is rolling out today to pick up our KTM's (2004 450 and 2002 520).....looking forward to our new Orange Rides....

Crowdaddy,

I just spun it around Romona before trucking to SD.

Ken,

I took 1" out with lower seat and about 1" by putting a 10 mm spacer inside the shock and I'm still dancing on my toes. Can go about 1.5" lower with susp mod and subframe cutting, I will be riding as is for now.

DigDug,

my seat usage is minimal to be concerned.

Dirt Dame,

we will swoop for sure.

I still need to put hand guards on, so I am not sure about riding this Saturday or Sunday... :D may be.

All,

Thanks for congrats :D

Later, Alex.

It'll feel like a mountain bike comared to your DR (although that seat will make your butt sore on longer rides - just stand up).

Let's see some pictures!!!!

:P

No need to have a sore ass: Enduro Engineering Seat

My new (used) 520 has one :D:P

post-70-1178918406_thumb.jpg

That's right about the seat. Stock is like an upholstered anvil. I put a standard height Enduro Engineering saddle on my EXC 250 two stroker and it made sitting for extended lengths of time possible.(well, actually sitting at all :clapping: ) Plus, you will sink in a little bit and be that much closer to the ground. It's 140 bucks well spent.

(although that seat will make your butt sore on longer rides - just stand up).

These guys have some good seat options too - Guts Racing

Corbin makes a comfortable seat for the TE450 which I plan on getting... I know they have seats for KTMs but I don't think they make one for the 450exc..those stock seats are very narrow and uncomfortable for the road portion of our dual sport rides.. :clapping: I think any investment is well worth it! I'm also planning to do some changes on my suspension to lower my bike a little...

I purchased a supposedly comfortable seat for my 02 300EXC from Enduro Engineering (back when I had it) and it was not much of an improvement...that 300 exc felt like seating on a brick.. It may be a good idea to test them out....

Congrats on the new KTM Alex.....so, are you changing your name to Orange4me now ? :clapping:

(although that seat will make your butt sore on longer rides - just stand up).

These guys have some good seat options too - Guts Racing

Renazco... heard good things about them.

I have had plenty of Corbins, and have two observations... DAMN those things are heavy! and all up top on the bike.

Get a flat "wide" section (the back)... they must dish the thing for a 10 year gymnast... I consider myself thin, and I still get my cheeks pressed together