I have a couple of friends that have been riding street bikes for some time now. They have shown an interest in the dirt, but no experience. Also have a friend with very little bike experience. Thought I would take A day and introduce them to the dirt side of Laguna mtn. Was wondering if any one else was interested in an entry level ride? Was thinking in about two weeks or so. If you would like to tag along for a easy going, slower paced cruise let me know?

Great idea 'Twister! Getting the noobs excited is the best way to proliferate our sport :rtfm: Weekend after next would work-out great for me and I'll be happy to come along :o

I have a dirt newbie friend who would probably enjoy that. Keep me informed.

Sounds good to me too, if it is on a Sunday. In the heat we've been having, a nice cruse would be just the ticket :rtfm: Whee! it's fun adding in the little smiley faces.

Looks like Sunday it is. lets set it up for Sunday May 20th. With all the fine details to follow. Keep in mind this is a beginner ride, and pace. Hammerin Hammon might want to set this one out? The more the better. This will be the perfect ride to get your feet wet if you have been setting on the fence. I will get the details out in the next couple of days. . :o :rtfm: :D:D:D

Looks like Sunday it is. lets set it up for Sunday May 20th. With all the fine details to follow. Keep in mind this is a beginner ride, and pace. Hammer Hammon might want to set this one out? The more the better. This will be the perfect ride to get your feet wet if you have been setting on the fence. I will get the details out in the next couple of days. . :D :rtfm: :D:D:D

I think I could keep up with you guys on my moutain bike :o:D:DB)

Your sharp tonight! Thats what this ride is all about !!! But then again. Mtn. bikes are faster at sea level, Right? :o:D:D:D:D

Of course my moutain bike is fuel injected. B)

Krank on Garth---

I might be in for a ride through the mountains. It's been a long time since i've been on the bike. Just put all the street stuff back on and changed oil and filters.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Looks like Sunday it is. lets set it up for Sunday May 20th. With all the fine details to follow. Keep in mind this is a beginner ride, and pace. Hammer Hammon might want to set this one out? The more the better. This will be the perfect ride to get your feet wet if you have been setting on the fence. I will get the details out in the next couple of days. . :D :rtfm: :D:D:D

I think I could keep up with you guys on my moutain bike :o:D:DB)

Your sharp tonight! Thats what this ride is all about !!! But then again. Mtn. bikes are faster at sea level, Right? :o:D:D:D:D

Of course my moutain bike is fuel injected. B)

Krank on Garth---

I think I am going to walk across the street and surf Tammarack DUDES. :D

IF WE COMPARE LEARN TO READ WITH LEARN TO RIDE, WE CAN FIND THE LETTERS THAT MAKE A WORD AND FIND THE MESSAGE ON THE PAGES OF THE BOOK AND BE EXPERT READERS TO BE EXPERT RIDERS

WE KNOW HOW TO CONTROL THE BIKE IN SEVERAL TERRAIN CONFIGURATION AND SPEED, BUT NEVER WILL BE EXPERT RIDERS IF ARE NEW TO THE ROUTE THAT WE ARE EXPLORING.

told by Dany Hamel when i ask him how to improve my riding technique long time ago, i think will help to the new riders

IF WE COMPARE LEARN TO READ WITH LEARN TO RIDE, WE CAN FIND THE LETTERS THAT MAKE A WORD AND FIND THE MESSAGE ON THE PAGES OF THE BOOK AND BE EXPERT READERS TO BE EXPERT RIDERS

WE KNOW HOW TO CONTROL THE BIKE IN SEVERAL TERRAIN CONFIGURATION AND SPEED, BUT NEVER WILL BE EXPERT RIDERS IF ARE NEW TO THE ROUTE THAT WE ARE EXPLORING.

told by Dany Hamel when i ask him how to improve my riding technique long time ago, i think will help to the new riders

Very true! Everybody has different motivations for riding. Some think they are accomplished if they go faster than others. Others enjoy the technical challenge of the terrain, yet others just like to look at the country side. All riding styles have their place and time in my life. This ride is just to get a feel for the dirt and will probably be a challenge to those who havnt experienced it yet. On the other hand if they make a couple passes up the road and learn by it, it will no longer be a challenge and they progress to the next steps, rocks , or sand. We all learned that way! Now go around familiar gound alot of times and I promise you will become faster, if that is your goal. Travel several times over a croping of rocks and chances are you will find the best line and that to will be less of a challenge than the first time over that same trek. In my opinion Dual Sport riding is self challenge. Pick a ride route that will test your own abilitys. Speed will come with time natually, if that is desired. While a good pace is important, flat out speed is very over rated. I raced motocross and desert for many years and enjoyed it alot. It taught me skills that I take riding everytime I go. Now that I look back on it I think what I enjoyed the most was just being around, and on motorcycles. Also being with people that share those same skills and interests. JUST RIDE AT YOUR LEVEL, LEARN, AND ENJOY.

Anybody else in?

and yes bicycles are welcome also.

Anybody else in?

A day of fresh ground newb meat! Tempting

Dunno, these guys I ride with are very East County. How did a putt putt ride end up here?

Looks like Sunday it is. lets set it up for Sunday May 20th.

The little woman has a girls trip to Mexico that weekend, but I'm pretty sure I can get the Boy to babysit his little sis for half a day. Can we get started early? :rtfm:

The Cinco de Mayo Noche ride route was fairly simple, very scenic, and might be just the ticket :o

Looks like Sunday it is. lets set it up for Sunday May 20th.

The little woman has a girls trip to Mexico that weekend, but I'm pretty sure I can get the Boy to babysit his little sis for half a day. Can we get started early? :rtfm:

The Cinco de Mayo Noche ride route was fairly simple, very scenic, and might be just the ticket :o

Dont see why not. Maybe meet at Pine Valley trail head get out early for those close by. Meet at Golden Acorn around noon for lunch and meet up with anybody who would rather ride afternoon. It shouldnt be to taxing, I would go am/pm if there is any interest.

I hope this will get some of the newer riders out to enjoy the bikes and each other. This could be a great opportunity to meet others at their skill levels, And possibly introduce them to a cool riding area.

Anybody else in?

Dunno, these guys I ride with are very East County, knock um down, they shoot pretty straight from just about any posiition! LOL

How did a putt putt ride end up here? A type personalitys I guess? LOL Thanks for the bump.

I XR BUM calls em rut filler :rtfm: :o:D .but seriously that is some great philosophy to learn by,I get all caught up in the ride and speed that i miss picture oppurtunities, if i do this ride i will probably volunteer sweep,to just enjoy the ride.

Anybody else in?

Dunno, these guys I ride with are very East County, knock um down, they shoot pretty straight from just about any posiition! LOL

How did a putt putt ride end up here? A type personalitys I guess? LOL Thanks for the bump.

I XR BUM calls em rut filler :lol::lol::lol: .but seriously that is some great philosophy to learn by,I get all caught up in the ride and speed that i miss picture oppurtunities, if i do this ride i will probably volunteer sweep,to just enjoy the ride.

Way Cool! sometimes the noobs dont relize that this trash talk is all in fun, and is part of racing . I just dont want to confuse them, or worse yet scare them away from a really cool experience, Riding. Thanks for parking the ego on this one. Bob

The 20th is also Husky day out at Lark/McCain, so if anyone wants to check out or test drive a husky(TE510 :lol:) , here is your chance. They are serving food, drinks, ect. Might be able to make this the lunch stop? I am sure this is nothing like the spread Bob put out :lol: but the price should be the same :lol:. Ken

The 20th is also Husky day out at Lark/McCain, so if anyone wants to check out or test drive a husky(TE510 :lol:) , here is your chance. They are serving food, drinks, ect. Might be able to make this the lunch stop? I am sure this is nothing like the spread Bob put out :) but the price should be the same ;). Ken

Do you know if you just show up and test ride those huskys? Or do you have to pre-register somewhere? B-III has been looking to replace the xr650. I think he might want to do a test drive.

Oh one more thing, that dinner wasnt really that good! It was all done with dust, dark, and mirrors.

And the beer just made the illusion more believable. :lol::lol::lol:

Do you know if you just show up and test ride those huskys? Or do you have to pre-register somewhere? B-III has been looking to replace the xr650. I think he might want to do a test drive.

Oh one more thing, that dinner wasnt really that good! It was all done with dust, dark, and mirrors.

And the beer just made the illusion more believable. :lol::lol::lol:

I didn't see anything about registering, the only thing I noticed was that if someone under 18 wanted a test ride thay had to have a parent with the same last name present and fill out a release form.

Additional info. http://www.bajahuskys.net/DemoDays.html :lol: Ken

The 19th is the Dualies Charity Ride, may be worn out by Sunday the 20th. We will see. :lol:

The 19th is the Dualies Charity Ride, may be worn out by Sunday the 20th. We will see. :lol:

Good point, even if I am not worn out, my pass may not be good for both days :lol: . Yea right, like I won't be worn out. Ken

Keep in mind this is a beginner ride.

May be the ride for me to get back on the dirt. Wrist break is healed but my arm is weak. A re-beginner ride sounds good.

I can't wait to try-out one of those Huskys, this sounds like a boatload of fun! A 08:30 - 09:00 departure from PV and cruising the Noche route should put us at McCain in plenty of time to get in line to ride AND enjoy some free lunch :lol:

carguy- Join up when the hive get to your neighborhood. That should give you time to do some jumping jacks and loosen up from the previous days riding :lol:

Paul- Perfect timing :lol:

Keep in mind this is a beginner ride.

May be the ride for me to get back on the dirt. Wrist break is healed but my arm is weak. A re-beginner ride sounds good.

This ride was custom ordered for you. Easy pace, lots of rest if needed, and NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND! This is all about your pace. Ive got absolutely Nothing else planned for that day. Wow how often does that happen? Look foward to seeing you and that Black KTM. The route will be graded roads, some asphalt, little sand but not deep, or to much (you know the fun stuff). The exact route will emerge soon.