pyro

KLR 650 Footpeg Fix

I got my broken footpeg problem solved today thanks to Andrew and friends at Eagle Mike's Tech Day. Andrew had fabricated a new piece for me to weld in after the old bracket was removed. The whole thing went very smooth and fit like a glove. It looks like most of my photos were out of focus today. Sorry.

2011-10-15.jpg

Another great Tech Day hosted by Eagle Mike. You ROCK MAN!!

4.jpg

Welcome to KLR Heaven!

6.jpg

Andrew brought his grinder which we used to cut the top of the old bracket off.

8.jpg

Once the old piece was out of there we found the broken nut sitting inside.

9.jpg

Here it is with the top removed.

12.jpg

This is the new mount that Andrew made from scratch. It worked perfectly.

13.jpg

Eagle Mike gave us authorization on using his welder. Thanks good buddy!

16.jpg

Here is the final product. Completely solid and probably much stronger than stock.

The bike is ready to rock once again and I'm totally stoked! Thanks again Andrew for all your help with this. I couldn't have done it without you brother. Let's get out on a ride sometime soon man. :good:

Wow that's a lot of bikes! How many were there and of what varieties?

The fix looks solid.

KLRs were and always will be the number one bike at EAGLE MIKES TECH DAYS, and some are really nice, even at 500 pounds :)

some are really nice, even at 500 pounds :)

Nevermind the women, how were the bikes?

Wow that's a lot of bikes! How many were there and of what varieties?

The fix looks solid.

KLRs were and always will be the number one bike at EAGLE MIKES TECH DAYS, and some are really nice, even at 500 pounds :)

I didn't count but there had to be about 60 bikes or so. I noticed 3 that were not KLRs. :lol:

Hey Tommy, have you seen Carl's new bike? He defected and said that the last time he rode his KLR he almost crashed because it felt so light! :heh:

Damn, I gotta find out about this event sooner. I'd love to show up and check that out.

Bummer to miss it, since we now have two used klr's - didn't know...I need to start kissing some serious klr arse!

yes i saw karls new bike, we both ordered one, however i pulled out and got cold feet. Man I tell ya,i,m done looking at anymore bikes,

I want 990, and several others, i really need to be careful because i will buy just about what i want, and thats not healthy for me right now. I ,m in need of a 12 step program right now for wanting bikes

Geez Tommy relax, its okay to own multiple bikes of different brands...it's like women but better since they will never compare notes about you. Take it from a guy that has owned 20+ bikes....one for each mood and still not enough!

PS....990? You cut fish, not work on bikes. Buy the Triumph so I don't have to tow your ass home with my Klr