Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Night ride 5 May 07

What a fun ride. We seemed to cover more ground faster than last time.

We met at the usual place at Pine Valley. Our excellent Host Metal Twister (Bob)

and son Dirtrider86 (Robert) were there waiting. After a few Ride Orange and Joliet showed.

Ride1.jpg

We expected Hondapilot and Stefano, they caught up to us on the mountain.

Jon had a flat and was delayed. :D

Ride2.jpg

Ride3.jpg

Cool sunset.

Ride4.jpg

You can tell by the smiles we were having fun.

Ride5.jpg

This one is kinda dark, it is our excellent host cooking burgers and

great beans for us at Lark Canyon. Thanks Guys!! :lol:

Ride6.jpg

After a couple of miles out of camp, Flat #2 for the day.

Ride7.jpg

Quick tire change in the dirt at night.

Ride8.jpg

Then we were back on our way.

Ride9.jpg

I got home around 11pm with 90 miles local and had a great time. Great riding buddies, awesome host. :lol::lol:

Hey guys !!!

Thank you for the great time and the nice ride last night !!!

Was great and I had a lot of fun !!! :lol:

beautifull company and wonderfull view !!!

A big thanks to Bob (Metal twister ) and his soon for the great "catering support " !!!!! nice food and beers !!!

Im sorry for the two flat tires in one day !!!!!!! but was part of the adventure !!!!

everyone have a nice week !!! looking forward for the next adventure !!!! :lol:

Stefano

It seems you guys had lots of fun!! :D I almost join you guys.. I was going to haul my husky on the back on my Jeep to meet with you guys... my son noticed a little leak on the radiator on my jeep so I was undecided.. :lol: I figure it would be fine (looked like a tiny leak), fillied it out, put the bike on the carrier, and then my jeep over heated on the way, so I had to stop... :D Well, there's always a next time.. :lol: Glad you guys had fun!!! :lol:

First and foremost, THANKS TO THE BOBS! Metal Twister and Dirtrider86 are the MEN! :lol: After riding sweep in the dust of McCain Valley Road, the Coors Light never tasted better. Thank you guys!

The company was also most excellent! When we stopped at the Thing Valley/Fred Canyon junction Carguy, Joilet, and I heard bikes coming. What a pleasure to see Stefano and Honda Pilot come screaming around the corner to join us!

Started out of Pine Valley at exactly 18:00 and pulled into the driveway right at midnight... EPIC! Like Stef said, the flats help make the adventure, no big woop. Keeping pace with these characters on my used 50/50s was an adventure in itself :lol: . I never went down, but I think Stefano was preparing to dodge a yard sale a couple of times :lol: I'll be swapping back to the knobbies now, thank you.

My camera battery pooped-out before the sunset, so no pics from me :D We'll be looking for you on the next one Martin!

R-O, out!

Sounds like all returned home safely! Good job guys! Dirtrider86 (B-III) and myself had a great time also. After leaving the meeting place we blasted out to Mc cain Valley and set up base camp. It was soon getting dark, so we hustled up getting ready for dinner. Seems we just got settled in and the sound of bikes could be heard comming down the valley. We started flagging them down in the dark with flashlights. About that time two more bikes became visable, for a brief moment I thought we were waving the wrong group in for dinner. I then saw Stefano and relized that they had caught up with the original group. They all were in good spirit and having way to much fun. With in minutes we were eating, drinking, and pit racing. Then just like that, they were gone. B-III and I was once again in the quiet, black, Night waiting for the full moon. Caught a great nites sleep under the stars and cruised on back to town this morning. Just want to say how Cool this group is. First time meeting Honda Pilot, Joliet, And Carguy. All great guys. I Would of liked to have ridden with you all but doing the Chuck-Wagon thing with B-III was pretty cool too. Thanks again, Bob

Just curious, what time did stefano, and Honda Pilot make it back to the beach? Noon to ?, One heck of a ride!!! How many miles? :lol::lol::lol:

Great day of riding yesterday, right up until the point that my tire went flat. Lots of Muchos Gracias to Chief Gunner for running a tube out from Lakeside to me in Barrett Junction. I owe you again, my friend. Anytime, anywhere.

Great ride last night. Stefano and I got the tire on the bike about 6PM and the three of us cut a molten stripe of rubber to Pine Valley. Unfotunately we were late and the group had already left. So again, we split asphalt and heavy hoofed it to Thing Valley Rd. I must say, whether you are travelling slow or fast Thing Vally Rd is the best for you money. Great to bomb down like a grasshopper on crack or just take your time and enjoy the scenery. I was suprised to see the 3 amigos so soon into the ride but we caught up quick and enjoyed an UBER dusty ride to McCain Valley for some of the best cooking I'd tasted all day. :lol: Thanks so much to Metal Twister and Dirtrider for camping out last night and dragging their cooler and grill along. It was great to meet you guys and I hope we can ride together soon.

Stefano and I had a 75 mile ride home after thjis so we cut out and I think we got in around Midnightish. I I still don't think we ever saw that moon....

Untill next time, thanks to everyone.

Hondapilot! You are out for a hole day of riding and not prepared for one simple flat. Shame! Shame! Kudos Joliet, I did not hear anything about you calling home to MAMA!

It was an awsome night last night and meeting all of you. You guys are awsome people and I can't wait to go riding with you guys once my bike is fixed! I'm glad everyone made it home safely and avoided the drunks on the road. see you guys soon!

Thanks to Metal Twister and Dirtrider86 for the great chow and drink, you have that camping thing down to a science. It was good to meet you. Stefano good to meet you also, I am glad you and HondaPilot could join us. When I pulled into the driveway at 1:02AM, I finally found that bright moon we were going to ride under. :lol: This was my first tire change after dark. R.O. and Carguy thanks for the help and to the XR Valdes, thanks for the light. :lol: I still havn't checked out the old tube yet to see what happened. Riding at night in the dust is a whole different experience, there are times visibility was very poor, I could have run over almost anything and not know it was there. It was a great experience and I have added a couple of things to my growing pack. Ratchet wrenches to fit both the bead locks and valve stem nuts, and a couple of shop towles.

Good food, drink, friends, and weather, it doesnt get much better than that. :lol: Ken

I missed you all on this one....bummer, it's always a nice break to get out and ride with you guys.

Had to get home to take care of the MRS. but will be lurking here and showing up on some rides soon.

Even though it was pavement I had a blast carving up the 94, the pig is running like a raped ape!

Thanks for the offers and sharing

See you on thenext one, I'll be there if I can!

Aaron

Night tire change... sorry I missed the "demo"

I know you wouldn't let that happen for real Joliet!! :rtfm: