WOW !!!!! Thats sexy enough to make me rethink the 300....... NOT. That does look like some major progression in 4 stroke development. Problem for me is all those spinning parts are still there(cams and valves are the DEVILS work).

WOW !!!!! Thats sexy enough to make me rethink the 300....... NOT. That does look like some major progression in 4 stroke development. Problem for me is all those spinning parts are still there(cams and valves are the DEVILS work).

the 4 stroke development is prgressing a little too fast. throw your bates 5000 away, its a piece of sh$t. :dead:

makes me feel like this guy. haha

Got a new seat for my Bates 300, it's like a new bike to me

i think i will ride the millenium model bates 380 this weekend. :evil:

When the new 350's,450's and 500 get here would someone please buy one of each and let me borrow each for a month so I can figure out which one fits me the best? I'm ready to replace my much loved 06 525 but have no clue what to buy. Maybe it was easier in the old days when all you had to decide was red, green, blue or yellow.

Covered in Confusion

Well that is ONE SEXY BIKE!!!...:wub:.......I HAVE been getting kind of ansy lately, haven't bought a bike in over a year!..(personal record for me)....no car payment now, job looks good....hmmmmmm...I do HATE to buy anything that is the first model year though....I like to wait a couple and let them work out any kinks they find.....gonna have to go search for specs not.....though the 450 suits me just fine....you never know, I just could go do something crazy one of these days...:coolio: one of the ONLY good things about being single....I don't have to get permission from anyone!!!

thinker.jpg

The weight difference seems insignificant, so why give up the TORQUE.

Race chassis + Street motor = party.gif. Unfortunately, still waiting for that one.

The weight difference seems insignificant, so why give up the TORQUE.

Race chassis + Street motor = party.gif. Unfortunately, still waiting for that one.

If the weight is the same, the 500 is where it's at :)

Then the accessorizing will begin...

Steering Damper

Bar Risers

Skid Plate

Tail Rack

Desert Tank

Power Commander

Seat Concepts Seat

HDB Brush Guards

RAM GPS Mount

RAM SPOT Mount

What am I missing? :)

"what am I missing?" A second loan.

Just left NCY. Jim told me that the price difference between the 350 and 500 is only $200.00 so go with the 500. I guess I just need to wait for them to come in. They also have a sweet 990 Dakar that I'm going to take on an extended test ride tomorrow.

Chris

Cause if you are on anything smaller than a fire road you will be faster on the 350. And will be less tired doing it. Also more willing and able to do the hard trails. And have a more flickable/controllable bike.

But that is just my opinion. It is sometimes fun too have lots of power, just not very practical.

The weight difference seems insignificant, so why give up the TORQUE.[/size][/font]

I imaging the 350 has less rotating/reciprocating mass, so it will probably "feel" lighter, and it probably gets way better MPG. Riding Big Bear I would like to have the 350, Desert riding 500. :) Ken

"Extended test ride" What like,,,3 years? dirol.gif

If you really want to ride fast/hard (race or hardcore trail riding) its easier to have a lighter bike with less displacement and ride it hard.

Enjoy!

Jim from NCY just got back from the KTM dealer show and he said that contrary to what the internet says there will not be a 450 for 2012. 350 and 500 only for the bigger bikes. Also no 800 V twin in the near future either.

Chris

It is sometimes fun too have lots of power

It's ALWAYS fun to have LOTS of power...but that's just me :P

It is sometimes fun too have lots of power

It's ALWAYS fun to have LOTS of power...but that's just me :P

it reminds me of the day someone showed up to ride with us at jacumba. the guy had a 500cc bike with trials tires. the first somewhat technical trail came and he didn't want to continue on. He turned around, packed it up and went home. I'm not saying that is something Strega would do but you see the point.

Enjoy!

I see your point :)

I like the big bore for the low end torque that I get with it. I don't like winding out a motor in high rpm all the time and prefer that low end grunt. The difference between my KLX300 and my WR450 is astounding in terms of power and torque, granted there's 4 more years of engine technology built into the WR. I just prefer that style of riding.

Maybe I'm not normal but I really like to ride my 525 at about 7500 rpm 90% of the time. The sound, the power,the feel, the bushes flying by. Can't beat it :rolleyes:

Covered in Horsepower

I'll go down later this year and shoot a new one with my new GoPro HD.

screw it, get a 950 enduro with turbo and NOS.

screw it, get a 950 enduro with turbo and NOS.

TWIN TURBO!!!