What a bummer i did enjoy hiking in sheep canyon and primitive camping in blaur valley

I think they will get a lot of pushback from everyone on this ! Its a direct slap on the face of the Anza Borrego Foundation peeps .They work so hard to preserve it now they are going to be restricted . Just my two cents 

"In a nutshell, this proposal would make it illegal to leave roads and trails in natural and cultural reserves. That means, for instance, that people could no longer climb around on rocks or walk up a wash, canyon, or ridge in any of our 8 cultural reserves. Think of hiking in Cougar or Sheep Canyon, primitive camping in Blair Valley, or rock climbing in Culp Valley. We and our park visitors would not be allowed to experience this park the way we have been invited to do since the park’s establishment. It is also a law that would be virtually impossible for park peace officer rangers to enforce in a park so open and large.  

If you feel strongly about this new law going into effect, you can write a comment as a private citizen, as a park volunteer, or ABF member (instructions on the attachment) by June 6, 2016. A public hearing has been requested by a couple of user groups - so there is a hearing planned for San Diego on June 22, 2016 from 6-8pm – location yet to be determined. We will send that announcement around when we get more information."

Even though I am busy prepping for my trip, I will try to make this public hearing meeting if I'm around that week, or at least send in a letter.

We, the users of the park, need to voice our disgust at this proposed rule/law....that's totally bogus.

Now's the time for everyone to write a letter and get involved, we can't let this happen !

Thanks,

Rad

Founder SDAR

Just sent an email to : trails@parks.ca.gov

Here is the body of that email:

In Anza Borrego State Park I can see where heavy off trail use can cause damage, and this should be monitored and controlled in specific areas where it is a problem. It seems to me this is already being done, and working just fine.

A blanket rule that completely eliminates off trail use is not the right approach. It is overreaching and not well thought out.

I am concerned about what a rule like this would do to exploring and primitive camping in the park.

I am opposed to any additional restrictions of off trail use to Anza Borrego State Park.

Ken, Thanks for making us aware of this!

URGENT       PLEASE SEND COMMENTS BY 5 PM    TODAY IS THE DEADLINE.....EMAIL TO trails@parks.ca.gov

so they won't close all access to roads in ABDSP.........Act now, or don't complain when they close more trails.... thanks, deb

EXAMPLE BELOW:

TO:    Email: trails@parks.ca.gov

JUNE 6, 2016                               

Ms. Mangat and State Trails Management

I strongly oppose the PROPOSAL for the over regulation and land grab California State Parks is proposing under

Section 4235, Title 14 Off-Trail Restrictions for Preserves and Reserves as a CCR change dated April 22, 2016. 

Public lands should be accessible to the PUBLIC, not only to the few who are able to see them by foot. The majority of the public cannot do that!!

This is a vast abuse of power by the state to limit the General Public from the use of Public lands.

This change would place a massive burden not only on all trail users but also Park Rangers with impossible enforcement requirements. 

This land is owned by the people and is to be enjoyed by the people.  Accessible by many means.

Let local land managers determine if local access needs to be restricted – not a blanket ban by Sacramento!

Sincerely,

[NAME]  [PHONE]

awesome...thanks...i dont keep up on these things like i should and i never watch the news..a co-worker emailed it to me yesterday...but seems we must stay alert or the extremists and over-regulation-hungry government will close everything!!!!