I am interested in buying a new set of DS pants and think Klim may be right up my alley. However I am looking for fitment and material on each type. That said, I will most likely buy them where I find them if it is local.

Anybody know of a local shop that has them?

I have the Klim Dakars and the Baja pants. Love them both. I think they run a little big in the sizes so it would be best to try some on. I had to send my dakars back twice before I got the right size.

Covered

Motomax on El Cajon Blvd and Harbinson has quite a few......

C&D Cycle Center in Clairemont Mesa carry's a bunch, give Steve a call and ask what he has in stock.

I am interested in buying a new set of DS pants and think Klim may be right up my alley.

I like the Klim line and have a pair of Bajas from back when I had a motorcycle.

As much as I like them they are absolutely NOT dualsport clothing. These will offer little protection in a fall on the pavement. Obviously better than riding naked, but not by much. And maybe not as much protection as jeans.

Comfortable and ventilated, yes, and I would still wear them for off-road only rides (if I had a motorcycle), but there's a big risk on the road.

So Paul,

Are you becoming an Adventure Rider?? I mean If you had a bike. blush.gif

P.S. I agree on your evaluation of the Klim pants. The Dakar have more coverage, still with humongous vents, but no Road pant. For you Adventure Riders, Klim has the new Adventure pant with Kevlar and CE armor. Get-um kwick, only $850

http://www.klimusa.com/catalog/Pants,47.htm

C&D had a very limited stock last time I was there. I may swing through again on Monday.

As for the Baja pant... well that is a "tucked in the boot pant" that I equate to being just like the MX pants I wear for offroad rides only. That said everything else is on play.

I am having a hard time fronting the money for Klim gear when my old Fox DS pants are great (especially for $54.95) and only showing wear from age; that sizing issue is also prominent.

When I had a motorcycle, I always evaluated gear with the first priority being protection. For off-road use, climate was the second. While the Baja was clearly a light-weight pant for desert racing, I was not much better impressed with the rest of their line-up for any sort of road use. The materials are better for a cooler climate, yes, and rain etc. But the basic materials would not protect me from a street fall at anything over 15 mph.

Thus the dualsport dilemma.

Dave- Adventure Riding? Does that mean I'd have to develop an attitude about any bike on a trailer???rolleyes.gif

Dave,

I may have a pair of MOTOPORT pants for sale soon. When I get my new pair in the mail (ADV flea market purchase), I'll evaluate if I want to sell the current pair. Not really DS pants, but would work well for ADV riding.

BB,

Dave is the "Once Upon a Time" Adventure Rider. Paul on the other hand, may be the "Future" Adventure Rider.

Regardless oh who, when and where, the MotoPort kit is good stuff.

349924695_Pvvg8-L.jpg

Dave,

I may have a pair of MOTOPORT pants for sale soon. When I get my new pair in the mail (ADV flea market purchase), I'll evaluate if I want to sell the current pair. Not really DS pants, but would work well for ADV riding.

Agreed. The Motoport gear I have now is great. It's the stretch kevlar material and is very high quality, but I got a smokin deal on the mesh kevlar w/liner on ADV, so will keep the pair that fits best.

I have been looking at the Chinook and Dakar. Veys in El Cajon had both in stock. C&D told me they have both in stock.

I have a friend who is trying the Dakars out. He's got a bit of experience with moto gear and clothing lines. He liked them.

We were riding with a friend of his who has a dealership back east and has done a few Dakars. He dropped all other clothing lines and now stocks only Klim. He swears by the Chinook.

Both have the same high D Cordura as most of the gear that is available.

Hey, it's all about compromise, right? And a compromise is when both parties get screwed, and neither one has a happy ending.