Strega,

I asked for one so we'll see what happens. Seems like couples should have first choice. There are always solutions, just may require some creativity. Might bring my Boy Scout 1 man tent.

I reserved for two today, myself and martoon. I havent done a ride with SDAR for a while. Looking forward to this one. We tried this ride two years ago on our 950's but never made it due to rain, snow and MUD!!!. This time we will go on our 450 and 520, should be fun. Bob

I reserved for two today, myself and martoon. I havent done a ride with SDAR for a while. Looking forward to this one. We tried this ride two years ago on our 950's but never made it due to rain, snow and MUD!!!. This time we will go on our 450 and 520, should be fun. Bob

Just saw this post............welcome aboard

BAR 10 LODGING -

Reminder - there are 14 covered wagons (capacity 2/wagon) , 20 bunks in the lodge, and capacity for spill over on the main deck/under the stars.

ALL COUPLES and family member combos will be assigned to the Covered Wagons to maximize space (currently 7 wagons/14 people - 5 couples/2 father & son combos).

20 guests will be in the bunkhouse (2 bunks or 4 guests/room). 7 wagons are available as single or double occupancy.

ANY NEW REGISTRANTS beyond the 44 currently signed up will be out on the main deck/under the stars in sleeping bags/on mats......along with me and Roger.....we'll probably need a few more deck volunteers unless some of you opt to double up in the wagons

You're Killing me Chris with these pics :cowboy: , I just can't bail on my daughter though... :friends: .... I may just HAVE to plan a different weekend this spring and MAKE BAR10 happen....so perhaps paul and ken any others who can't do May 1, can make that one????...I'm waiting on Prescott trip dates and will plan from there....

You're Killing me Chris with these pics :cowboy: , I just can't bail on my daughter though... :friends: .... I may just HAVE to plan a different weekend this spring and MAKE BAR10 happen....so perhaps paul and ken any others who can't do May 1, can make that one????...I'm waiting on Prescott trip dates and will plan from there....

It's quite likely that CORE will host this ride twice anually.....once in the Spring and once in the Fall.......

I might be able to wait that long, but maybe not....depends on other big ride trips as they develop....but I soooo want to go there!!!!

I can't make this one either. I would like to see a Thursday through Sunday ride. Maybe the next one?

I can't make this one either. I would like to see a Thursday through Sunday ride. Maybe the next one?

I may set things up so the annual Spring trips are 3 day events with an optional first day out of Primm and the Fall trips are less expensive "overnighters" with an optional first day ride out of Primm.......folks hard pressed for cash and/or time would likely skip the optional Primm ride on Thursday, drive to Mesquite on Friday, ride to Bar 10 on Sat, ride back to Mesquite on Sunday, drive home Sunday night.....not an ideal schedule (I've done it) but it's the only schedule that some folks wallets/calendars can accomodate (I will ALWAYS encourage a 2 night/3 day stay at Bar 10 - Toroweap is a sight not to be missed)........however, the scenic ride over to Bar 10, the Bar 10 experience, and the ride back from Bar 10 make the drive/hassle worthwhile even if you're limited to an overnight trip ;)

IMG_4118.jpg

......however, the scenic ride over to Bar 10, the Bar 10 experience, and the ride back from Bar 10 make the drive/hassle worthwhile even if you're limited to an overnight trip ;)

IMG_4118.jpg

I did the two-day last year and it WAS worth it. I'm in for 3 days this year, however :coolio:

I did the two-day last year and it WAS worth it. I'm in for 3 days this year, however :coolio:

And you're in on two wheels this year.........as opposed to two wheels too many :rolleyes::lol:

And you're in on two wheels this year.........as opposed to two wheels too many :rolleyes::lol:

Now you'll have to find something else to rag on me about <_<:heh:

The Bar 10 CORE Club Ride is now FULL........

Don't fret, we'll be back again next Spring (possibly even this Fall)

Any/All SDAR/CORE members are welcome to join us for the FREE CORE Club Ride in Primm on Sat., April 30th......please register at the CORE website if you wish to join us in Primm.

Reminder to all Primm/Bar folks - If you're registered for the CORE Club ride(s) you've received an email with discount codes for Primm/Mesquite - please network to find a roommate (or not) and make your room reservation(s) ASAP - I have 20 rooms reserved at each location (I may be able to add more if we act fast) - all the reserved rooms must be booked in Primm/Mesquite by 31 March (one week from tomorrow). Any remaining reserved rooms will be released back to the general public on April 1st.

Thanks!

The Bar 10 CORE Club Ride is now FULL........

Don't fret, we'll be back again next Spring (possibly even this Fall)

Any/All SDAR/CORE members are welcome to join us for the FREE CORE Club Ride in Primm on Sat., April 30th......please register at the CORE website if you wish to join us in Primm.

Reminder to all Primm/Bar folks - If you're registered for the CORE Club ride(s) you've received an email with discount codes for Primm/Mesquite - please network to find a roommate (or not) and make your room reservation(s) ASAP - I have 20 rooms reserved at each location (I may be able to add more if we act fast) - all the reserved rooms must be booked in Primm/Mesquite by 31 March (one week from tomorrow). Any remaining reserved rooms will be released back to the general public on April 1st.

Thanks!

Only 12 rooms booked in Primm/Mesquite as of this morning......need the rest of the rooms booked before the end of the month......

Can't wait to ride this! And I love sitting in the front of the plane.

Covered in Comfort

post-13540-012954900 1297056464_thumb.jp

Kinda looks like the west end right before it drops out into Lake Mead.

The time has come........weather forecast looks great :thumbsup_anim: .......

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Primm and/or Mequite this weekend! :good:

In for both days..

Great.....the views at Toroweap are unmatched......it looks close, but that's actually a ~3,000' vertical/sheer drop!

(Zina took this shot......I'm too gutless to sit on the edge like that)

Toroweapzina.jpg

Are we able to get the tracks ahead of time. Bruce and I won't be arriving in Mesquite until very late Saturday night..... so unless you want me knocking on your door at the wee hours of the morning for a download (wow that sounds really, uh, inappropriate :heh::heh::heh::heh: )

Are we able to get the tracks ahead of time.

Tracks were emailed on Sunday, 4/17.....looks like I didn't have you on distribution for some reason :blink: ......just forwarded you the email from Sunday 4/17........if I missed any other registered riders please contact me ASAP.....see you at the mandatory Pre-Ride briefing Sunday morning at 7:30 (HOT breakfast starts at 6:30)

Are we able to get the tracks ahead of time.

Tracks were emailed on Sunday, 4/17.....looks like I didn't have you on distribution for some reason :blink: ......just forwarded you the email from Sunday 4/17........if I missed any other registered riders please contact me ASAP.....see you at the mandatory Pre-Ride briefing Sunday morning at 7:30 (HOT breakfast starts at 6:30)

Let me get this straight. We ride all day Saturday then hop in the truck and drive to Mesquite and drink, gamble and woop it up all night. Then you want me at a meeting at 7:30 am?

Covered in Doubt

Let me get this straight. We ride all day Saturday then hop in the truck and drive to Mesquite and drink, gamble and woop it up all night. Then you want me at a meeting at 7:30 am?

Sucks getting old, doesn't it? Those mornings come much earlier now.....I just lost one day of my long weekend due to a little too much of the previously mentioned activities when an old school buddy stopped by. :angry::blush:

Covered in Doubt

Toughen up old man.......Good training for river trips........

Hotel puts on a decent hot breakfast and has a pretty nice pool and jacuzzi....so bring your swimsuits, or walmart next to hotel is hndy to pick one up cheap if you forget like I did... :huh:

my group left the hotel at 7:30...we took a very leisurely, slow pace, with lots of regrouping stops....had a beginner in group, took lots of pics, and I arrived at ranch about 1:30.....totally could be done much faster...but this is a great route to take in the scenery, linger and enjoy it........

ranch served our dinner at 7, giving us time for rest, riverview trip (20 miles round trip) , spend an hour there, shower, etc.....what an amazing place.....weather looks perfect for you guys....have fun, can't wait to hear all about it.... B)

Chris

FYI

The closest motorcycle dealer will be in Kanab about 70 miles from the North Rim up Trumble Mountain Road (to Fredonia). Kanab Country Motorsports (Yamaha Dealer) 1143 S. Hwy 89a, Kanab. 435-644-3510 You know how to contact Gawin in Page, about 150 miles from the North Rim.

Wish I was joining you but the days are not working out for me. I can't make it to Page until Memorial Day.

Don

The closest motorcycle dealer will be in Kanab about 70 miles from the North Rim up Trumble Mountain Road (to Fredonia). Kanab Country Motorsports (Yamaha Dealer) 1143 S. Hwy 89a, Kanab. 435-644-3510 You know how to contact Gawin in Page, about 150 miles from the North Rim.

Thanks Don.......there's actually a shop in Mesquite too (though their primary focus is on quads and such :wacko: ).......I picked up a battery from them for the 620 when Strega and I went around the Grand Canyon

http://www.mxpatv.com/arcticcat/index.htm