It has taken me two years to collect all the stuff for the whole family to enjoy the desert. This was our first trip as a family out to the desert. Just went for one night to get our feet wet and see how it goes.

Packed and ready

1stdeserttrip027.jpg

We camped out off Split Mountain.

1stdeserttrip004.jpg

It was cold out there at night

1stdeserttrip036.jpg

1stdeserttrip031.jpg

This kid could not get enough

deserttrip1007.jpg

deserttrip1012.jpg

deserttrip1019.jpg

Only thing that went wrong was that the two pee wee machines decided not to start when we got there, even though I had them running last week at the house. Luckily my 8yr old was big enough to ride the 250. My son refused to ride with me as he said "dad I can just follow you." I know they are not supposed to both be on there, but she asked if she could have her big brother give her a ride. She got tired of riding with me. Good day when your kids want to play together!

deserttrip1023.jpg

deserttrip1022.jpg

Great weekend in all. Wife really enjoyed the toyhauler and all its ammenities. Even enjoyed all the toys as stated she could see why we all like to come out and ride. There will be a lot more of this in our future.

Looks like a good time was had by all. I especially liked the Christmas decorations in camp. :party:

Mission accomplished, well done man! Looks like lots of happy times in your future. B) Cool Christmas trees too.

1stdeserttrip036.jpg

This kid could not get enough

Which kid?? :lol:

Good for you! nothin better than getting kids out there for some fun!

I think I rode by your camp about three times this past weekend......dry lake bed?

Chrstmas trees, you mean are alien signal devices. They are actually really cool. HomeDepot was blowing them out at $15 bucks. Led and do 100 different combinations of lights. Good thing to mark the camp.

Hoss seems most of the places out there are dry lake beds, but it seems likes it. Nice place that is never really crowded. Nice flat and open for the kids. All the people I have meet and talked to could never answer if it is private land or BLM.

I found a large caliber round. Very old and rusted, but seems to be military. No casing, just the huge projectile. Was that area used for military targets?

Also wanted to give a shout out to the nice Highway patrol who pulled me over on the way out. He had me at 70, but only gave me a fix it for the new tag I had not put on the trailer.

Hoss seems most of the places out there are dry lake beds, but it seems likes it. Nice place that is never really crowded. Nice flat and open for the kids. All the people I have meet and talked to could never answer if it is private land or BLM.

I recognize the background in your pictures....The private land (on that side of Split Mtn)is near the power substation at the corner. There is an old bus on the private property.

Crappy thing is that the guy that owns the property surrounding the power station likes to throw up barbed wire. He doesn't seem to care that the pole line road is an easment from the power company. People come cruising down the road and run into the barbed wire if they don't notice.

Good for you and the family Mike......off-roading is great for family bonding.....

We rode on Split Mtn both Friday and Sat.....wish we had known you were out there

GREAT write up Mike.:party: ...that is the BEST....family fun...it even gets better when you go the whole weekend....more riding for the amount of work to gather kids gear, etc....

Way to Go making Good Times for the family......REALLY fun when you Camp with LOTS of families and the kids all hang out, play, shoot fireworks, play in the fire, :torch: etc etc. etc....