Bagstr

Coyote Mountain 2010

Edit Sunday 1020hrs

Ride Rescheduled for Monday December 27, Arrive 0830-0900hrs. Appears we will have Plated and Non-Plated bikes on the ride. Joliet is parking in Ocotillo ( At Texaco?) Others with non-plated may park at the Info Sign inside Painted Gorge. I am shooting for the intersection of Painted Gorge and Evan Hughes @ 0830 and departing for the Info Sign by 0900. Everyone plan on leaving the Info Sign by 0930 for the Mountain.

I will check in later this PM to see if we can streamline this event. We can move up the Departure If everyone wants to arrive earlier.

Radios 146.505

Dave

Have Rock Climbing Tires, ready to go!

1137652082_g3gzq-L.jpg

Click Link to Google Map for Parking. I will park at intersection of Evan Hughs Hwy and Painted Gorge Rd. then ride to Info Sign at end of road in Painted Gorge.

http://maps.google.c...f82c37044064b12

End Sunday Edit

Start Original 1st Post

http://maps.google.c...009645&t=h&z=17

Well, I have been to the top of the south summit ( With Randy, Kevin and Mike ) which looks north to the switchback trail. From the sign in Painted Gorge how do I proceed/connect to the Switchback Climb? Plus, does this enter the Bombing Range to make the connection? If so, I will take this discussion offline.

Thinking about Thursday if I can get a riding buddy.

My number is in the Members Section party.gif

The overlook right?

you can make it up to the spot legally. Too many turns for me to be able to give good directions from memory. I may be able to make it on Thursday...

switchbacks.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

desert_overlook2.jpg

So, I have it on good authority the 690 may not be the best choice for this attack. I may pass on the summit..as said before, been to the South Summit. There is plenty to challenge me on other routes.

Thanks for the feedback

Got Mapsource?

Rode right by the enterance to the trail on Saturday....

Got Mapsource?

Rode right by the enterance to the trail on Saturday....

As a matter of fact, yes I do.

I think the 950 would be ideal for this !

And Randy, what are you doing Thursday?

So, I have it on good authority the 690 may not be the best choice for this attack.

You're right, Dave. A KDX200 would be a good choice.......but as I'm finding out, the big bikes will go pretty much everywhere you point 'em. Randy's done some amazing stuff on his 950 and I'm learning the DR is only limited by my ability (a severe handicap) and ground clearance. I've followed Schwinn around on his 690....well, what was left of his cologne....cuz there was no sign of him....and that was on the WR.

Go for it.....if I had Thursday off, I'd go with you.

Just emailed you tracks of Coyote Mountain, Carrizo Mountain etc.

And Randy, what are you doing Thursday?

If I'm not going to Vegas to go riding for the weekend, perhaps I'll be joining you !

Will keep you posted.

This ride looks very interesting. I just picked up a 625 SXC that I'm interested in tagging along aboard, if I can get the big tank and knobbies on by then. Should have the 23rd off, but won't know until the evening of the 22nd. I'll be checking in to see how this goes.

I can't make it on Thursday :crying_anim02: , but if I stay in town, I plan on riding this weekend, perhaps even a Christmas Day Ride.

"The overlook right?" Josh

Yes, that is the Overlooked I've riden. But there certainly is No Direct Way from the Ooverlook to the Switchbacks you have done. Hope you can make the ride.

I was hoping to be able to make it but last minute work stuff is getting in the way for this week.

Good luck and have lot's of fun! Looking forward to the pics and ride report.

-Martog

Please see Rescheduled Post #1

We will do it after Christmas

"Monday?"

Fine with me, anyone else have an opinion?

Josh,

Welcome back!

I have no idea of the legal boundaries. That's why I ride a Plated Bike. What's wrong with the 450?

Dave, if this ride is Green/Red sticker compatible, then I am in.

Josh,

Welcome back!

I have no idea of the legal boundaries. That's why I ride a Plated Bike. What's wrong with the 450?

Dave, if this ride is Green/Red sticker compatible, then I am in.

The 450 is in the shop getting some maintenance done. It should be back soon. I would like to start those weekday dez rides again.

So is this ride on for Monday? If so I can make it and show you up to the top.

The road from the parking location to the entrance to coyote mountain area is plated only, but fairly easy cross country travel( a few miles) will get you to the area where only a red/green sticker is needed.

josh, wish I was in town, you'd be welcome to take one of my bikes...I'm in Tahoe....or give me a call today...maybe you can go to the house and take a bike?....my room mate is around....and yes, Welcome Back...! I'll pm you.