kkug

Beginner Bikepacking Seminar and Campouts by “KUG”

Aw, man. I see the big bike Gold Point camp/ride was canceled. Any word of a reschedule?

Since I'd already blocked off that time, I may do a solo outing to Superstition are. Just to see how the gear holds up.

I guess I need to work on some 50/50 tires, too as I buried the back tire to the Jesse Bags yesterday.

Anyone ever tried to cross the I-8 median (where it says not to) at the bottom of the hill coming into Ocotillo (by the 98)? Let's just say it wasn't just loose sand...it was a huge ant hill. And these ants appeared to prefer KTMs as they really went after my big ol' GS as I tried to pull it out.

Ah, good times.

Don --No not rescheduled but some campers my be going to Big Bear on the May 6-7-8 . And I might do some last of the minute Sat nite camping trips in the near future. I also got stuck one time with my 950 to the bags --luckly I was riding with a group and they got me out. Did you have someone with you ? I would also like to go to the Carrezo Plain Nat Monument soon.

Later Ken

I would also like to go to the Carrezo Plain Nat Monument soon.

Later Ken

Me too

Ok Fall is here and it cooling off. Time to do some camping before it gets cold.

For the new members the Seminar was a success and many went on some epic rides and camped out off of their bikes this year. Time to do some local rides.

Short notice Oct 8 I will venture down to Coyote Canyon from the Anza side. I don,t know if I will take my big or small bike at this point.I will leave Escondido around 1PM on the 8 th and venture threw Warner Springs ,the dirt road to Anza then down to camp at Coyote Canyon. Sun I will probably reverse my route and ride back to Escondido arriving in the early afternoon.

Anyone up for this ?

M,mmmm same place different bikes ! :unsure:

09UtahADVRide191.jpg

063.jpg

Photoshop ?

sure wish I could go...but just back, so gotta stick around this weekend....Next Time!!

Ken, are you riding from your house or loading the bikes and unloading in Anza?

When is this ride? Im in if its a small ike ride. :)

This Sat Oct 8 --an overnighter Back on Sun AM.

Ken, are you riding from your house or loading the bikes and unloading in Anza?

Yes from my house !

What bike will you be riding?

Don,t know yet but I am enjoying the 450 on the camping trips. So it will be my 450 .

I will try to make it. Im going to be going to the rocktober 100 Sunday around 7am so maybe I could just ditch you and go there in the morn?

I will try to make it. Im going to be going to the rocktober 100 Sunday around 7am so maybe I could just ditch you and go there in the morn?

No problem.

Be ready for deeep sand, that end of Coyote Canyon is full of it!

Check out the side canyons, some nice camping back up in there.

I think I will cancel this ride due to lack of intrest but will ride on Sun Qct 9.