kellymac530

Motorcycle Superstore

Since i bought the BMW street tourer recently, i have of course, needed to purchase a few goodies.

I have never bought anything from The Motorcycle Superstore (MSS) website. I have ordered online from LOCOMX.com and ktmcyclehutt.com and Thumpertalkparts...and maybe a couple of others over the years.

Last friday i ordered a pair of leather warm weather perforated gloves from MSS. Later the same night i saw a tank bag that i liked so i ordered that also.

I get an email that night on the gloves that i thought was just a confirmation. It had a confirmation number on it and it said "on order" on the top, and a delivery date of 10/13/2010.

I get 2 more emails with tracking numbers for each package. A couple of days go by and the tracking number for the tank bag is fine, but the one for the gloves still wont give me any info.

I get the tank bag yesterday. I call about the gloves and the guy says oh yeah they are on back order you will get them NEXT WEEK....and that the "on order" email meant that they were "on order" from somewhere ELSE. Doesnt say that in it, but i was supposed to telepathically understand that.

Then if that is not enough, I open the tank bag, A Nelson-Rigg CL-135, and almost EVERY piece of velcro that is sewn on to the bag the stitching is unraveling. :angry2:

It is the perfect size i was looking for, has the pockets and features i wanted, and the size of map pouch i needed. Everything else on it seems solid, just the velcro stitching SUCKS.

So now i figure since i like it i will just send it back and request a replacement unit for the DEFECTS.

I email MSS asking how to return it and get a replacement. They send back an email that says they DO NOT give exchanges...NO exceptions, but that I can send it back for a FULL refund....MINUS SHIPPING...which was $9.00...then i can order another one...for the same price....PLUS SHIPPING AGAIN..

How bad of a business practice is that? It is THEIR suppliers DEFECT and I GOTTA pay for shipping TWICE to get a replacement?

I have sent things back to LOCOMX before. I called them and told them what was wrong, the guy immediately sent out a new item and a return shipping label in the new package to return the bad item...now THAT is GOOD business! :good:

I WILL NOT>>>NOT be using Motorcycle SuperStore again.... :torch::grrr::thumbsdown_anim:

Challenge on your credit card.

Another reason to use a credit card over a debit card, which I do all the time. dry.gif

BikeBandit has been good. I ordered a tire they advertised as DOT but it didn't have the sidewall designation. A few live chats with a service rep and I had a paid shipping label via email and my replacement choice of tire got here the next day (they have a distribution center in Chula Vista). Ordered a bunch of other stuff and had great service.

I checked back on the original ad for the (non-DOT) tire and they fixed the posting error.

I have bought many things from MSS over last couple of years, I agree with comment about "on order" being confusing and in general I find they often do not have equipment in stock but you do know this when ordering as they say "due to ship in 3 to 5 days", this means they have to order from their suppliers who may (or may not) have the bits available in next few days.

I have never had any quality issues or needs for returns but this sounds like real bad service, most of time I order enough for free shipping but would not expect to pay for return shipping for faulty bits, totally unacceptable, I agree to challenge on your credit card.

after my 2 kinda snotty emails, a manager emailed me with a return postage sheet from UPS and i sent it back on wednesday after i got back from NYC.

I am still waiting to hear from them after they get it back. I put 4 postits with notes on them enclosed in each velcro piece that was coming unstitched.

Bums me out a bit cause other than the velcro stitching issue i really liked the bag. It seemed like a good quality piece otherwise. Nice zippers and heavy cordura fabric with a perfect size...oh well, i will keep looking i guess...

after my 2 kinda snotty emails, a manager emailed me with a return postage sheet from UPS and i sent it back on wednesday after i got back from NYC.

I am still waiting to hear from them after they get it back. I put 4 postits with notes on them enclosed in each velcro piece that was coming unstitched.

Bums me out a bit cause other than the velcro stitching issue i really liked the bag. It seemed like a good quality piece otherwise. Nice zippers and heavy cordura fabric with a perfect size...oh well, i will keep looking i guess...

Kelly, Nelson-Rigg is in Santa Ana. 3518 Lake Center Dr, Santa Ana, Ca 92704. 714-850-1811

Maybe they will help you direct. I like the NR stuff also, and I can sell it too.

Motorcycle superstore, tires is the only thing I can say good, they cannot be beat shipped to your door on any tire. I just rode from san diego to deadhorse ak. this year and ordered tires and had them waiting for me in medford at the store, when I arrived,(small storefront) I won't buy tires anywhere else now.