Glenn L

High Desert Dualsport Ride Sat Nov 6th

I would like to throw my name in the hat. Will be coming with RexR.

Thanks

Bundy

Ah heck.. Now you've done it.. Now they know you know me.. You will be blackballed for sure. :torch:

I will be a confirmed rider for this. I am also working out some details on making it this Sunday. I would also ask if any of the riders would like to meet me at my home and load a trailer and car pull up the road. My trailer can take a total of 3 bikes, I have an excursion that hold 7 people and that can pull anything (diesel).

Just wanted to give a heads up that this ride is on. Sorry, but I aint much for talkin up a ride with posts every day unless there's a good reason. Anyway, for those still interested

Staging at my place in Apple Valley Ca. 13560 Coachella Rd. 92308 Zip, Tel 760-963-7191

The ride:

Saturday Nov 6, 8:00am we're outta here, please get here by 7:30

Intermediate level

at least 150 miles

3 fuel stops no more that 50 miles between stops

lunch in Barstow

the route will have fast,slow, uphill , downhill, sand,pavement, lots of single track, some boring stuff to connect the not so boring stuff, the longest pavement stretch is around 15 miles

basic route: Apple Valley, Oro Grande, Helendale, Hinkley,Barstow, Lucerne Valley, mountain foothills, Apple Valley

We need to finish before dark, we need to keep moving to get to do the bitchen foothill last section

I will adjust the route as we go based on number of riders, skill level of the group, and what kind of speed average we'll be able to maintain

Please post up so I know who to expect and you don't get left behind

All welcome

Glenn

glenn, is this still going to be a technical ride? do you have room for myself since some folks can not make it?

glenn, is this still going to be a technical ride? do you have room for myself since some folks can not make it?

It's going to be the longer ride, with technical stuff sprinkled on here and there. There will be some challenges but nothing stupid. You're welcome to come, see post 79 for details. Basic dualsport ride, mostly easy.

I'm out.. Have a 4 day Jeep trip coming up and have way too much to do to get ready. Have fun..

Glen,

Please take me off the list. Too much on the schedule these days.

Thanks for taking the time to host the ride.

No worries to all the san diego people that have dropped out. The high desert crew is on board and as more riders from your area bail the more the ride can be ramped up to the usual high desert epic ride . Smaller group means the trails get tighter.

Glen,

Will the ride start at 7:30 AM (post#1), or at 8:00 AM (post#79)?

Check yer PM

How did the ride go?

Thanks for asking Ken. 170 miles of desert fun. Singletrack, drylakes, long washes. Lunch in Pioneertown, beautiful weather.

How did the ride go?

Thanks for asking Ken. 170 miles of desert fun. Singletrack, drylakes, long washes. Lunch in Pioneertown, beautiful weather.

Did any of us SDAR riders show up?