bikeslut

lost my wallet

Last night, between 9:30 and 10:00, I lost my wallet. I know RIGHT where I lost it, but it was already gone. Wasn't turned in with Security, Ticket Window or any of the bartenders. Which means somebody picked it up, and kept it.

All my cash was in my pocket (which is good, cuz it has to last until the bank opens Monday), but tons of other stuff in there. Including: Ralph's gift cards, Ca Pizza Kitchen Gift Cards, MotoWorld gift cards, The Vine Gift Card, Montana Cafe Gift Card, etc. Totally $200+... I accept those will be gone

I'll go to the DMV Monday and replace my license... no big deal, but I won't get to ride (boo)

I called all of my credit cards, and canceled them from the club, and none had any activity, so that's good.

Kaiser card, Costco Card, some pictures... not much else. I think...

But my question is:Last time I lost my wallet (805 overpass of I-8... stuff all over the place; backpack opened up), i took care of everything, EXCEPT my AT&T card... 2 years later I got 2 bills totalling $600 with calls to Mexico. Oops... forgot that one.

so; what other things could I possibly have in there that I'll need to cancel? My SSN wasn't in there, nor were any of my PINs...

so: what am I missing?

so, the lighter side of this... I notice this backstage at the concert. As I am making frantic phone calls to cancel cards, a back-up singer comes up to me, and asks if I could watch her purse... she KNEW I just lost my wallet, but trusts me to watch her ----! DUH! That was funny!

Also; I'm really worried about people buying stuff on my credit cards, then I hear some dude YELLING at the top of his lungs... "I got... two tickets to paradise"...bastard probably bought them on my card!!! ha!

Show was good... hung out with Eddie Money for an hour or so; pretty down to earth guy... not much of a sax player, but I don't have any top 40 hits, so I'll shut up.

back on the wallet... what did I forget?

anything in there work related??

that sucks, BS, hope you get it returned...but i'd still do all the things you did

B)..whose last "lost"(*stolen) wallet was July 1, 2006, with my friends truck while surfing..good waves...LONG day from there.

good luck, man.

How 'bout your AMA membership card - wouldn't want anybody to support non-favorable legislation in you name :rolleyes:

Seriously, that's a major PITA - sorry to hear it.

This only serves to remind me how non-prepared I am for such an event. I would be left scrambling to find

contact info for cc companies etc.

Sounds like you got a pretty good handle on it.

your gonna need new insurance cards for your vehicles, unless you keep them in the vehicles. parking meter card, fishing license???? and don't forget the if lost please call card for your new wallet. :rolleyes:

your gonna need new insurance cards for your vehicles, unless you keep them in the vehicles. parking meter card, fishing license???? and don't forget the if lost please call card for your new wallet. :rolleyes:

what's insurance?

JK- that's a good... I'll send an email now - thanks

No way! I found a wallet last night with all that stuff in it...

Is your name Bob Conrad?

J/K I've lost wallets before, it's a horrible feeling.

Sorry about the wallet. I put mine on the hood of my truck one time when I had an armload of stuff I was putting in the cab. Went over to the post office and came home. Then I realized what just happened, hopped on my KLX and backtracked the route. Unbelievably, the wallet was sitting there in the middle of busy intersection where there is a lot of pedestrian traffic as well. Nobody had even seen it. All the cash and everything else was still in it. Whew...was that ever lucky. :rolleyes:

That sucks.

Up your security at your place. They now have your home address....and a good feel for what you're into that might make them some money.

Yep, paranoid. Then again, I've been hit a few times in my life. Now, if I lose my stuff, everything gets changed - cards, accounts, locks, numbers.

Check Craigslist so you can buy your gift cards back at a reduced rate. :)

Sounds like you covered everything....... You could send emails to the credit reporting agencies telling them NOT to open any credit lines without your direct approval or do a 6 month or longer lock on ANY use of your credit for new accounts (this includes you using it). They do have some of your personal information so it would be a good idea.

The gift card use is traceable if the original purchasers credit card number is known...cumbersome process but I've done it more than once. "is this a surveillance video of you using a stolen MW gift card.....?" Always a fun time showing those.

My vote is that you look for it right next to your ramp....

All jokes aside, you've had some bad luck with things comming up missing as of late.

Sorry to hear about that! I always carry my wallet in my front pants pocket, but only because my chiropractor said to.

bad luck indeed...sorry to hear that....but great point brought up about knowing all the phone numbers for stuff in your wallet ....I wouldn't have that in one place, but I may now....Hope you get a good photo for your license, if they retake it....:coolio:

Phil- my Dr tells me to carry it in my front pocket too...I found its better for your spine if you just lose it altogether!

Debie- I think my picture will be wacked- she says "look at this right here"...well I didn't have my glasses on, so I couldn't tell what it was...so my picture will be me squinting and saying "pooh" (it was Winnie the Pooh I think)- sounds like a great picture; you know how conscientous they are about taking a good photo- they take as many as you want, until YOU are content :rolleyes:

Phil- my Dr tells me to carry it in my front pocket too...I found its better for your spine if you just lose it altogether!

Debie- I think my picture will be wacked- she says "look at this right here"...well I didn't have my glasses on, so I couldn't tell what it was...so my picture will be me squinting and saying "pooh" (it was Winnie the Pooh I think)- sounds like a great picture; you know how conscientous they are about taking a good photo- they take as many as you want, until YOU are content :rolleyes:

:P You always make me laugh....thanks...:lol: