Doc

Informal get together at my house

If anyone is interested in a get-together at my house on March 16 (Friday at 6PM) I will be showing the video "Riding Solo to the Top of the World" see link http://www.dirttrackproductions.com/index....61da09b9f7c3b1f

I will have soft drinks, light snacks, and beer. Just email me with your name and if you will make it so I will know how many are coming. I will email you back with directions. Significant others invited, no children please.

I live in the Vista area.

Doc

post-685-1172966163_thumb.jpg

I also have a few other videos if that one is a dud. I have Robert Fulton's "One Man Caravan" that shows film of the world's first RTW motorcycle ride in 1932 through places like Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, etc. Very interesting. Or some stunt riders on sport bikes, mountain bike action, surfing, etc.

Doc

Doc, I am planning on making it. I am also in vista. I have not seen any on them yet so all are good for me. I plan on having "Worlds fastest Indian" on DVD in a few days. Let me know if you would like me to bring it for the evening. Ken

Doc, I am planning on making it. I am also in vista. I have not seen any on them yet so all are good for me. I plan on having "Worlds fastest Indian" on DVD in a few days. Let me know if you would like me to bring it for the evening. Ken

Hey doc, sounds great,i also have collectors edition on any sunday,but that will have to be another

evening cuz it sounds like there will be plenty of movies to watch.perhaps we can keep this going

like a once a month thing and if so we can do this motorcycle movie thingat my house next time

anyhow count me in.I live in escondido

SCHWINN

I got your PM. It will be good to meet some of the North County bubbas. Yeah, you are not far from my house at all. Should take you about 5 minutes to get here. So far we have about 5 people coming. No need to bring anything.

Doc

Wish I could go, but fighting northbound traffic on a Friday afternoon is no fun.

Likewise, normally I'd be "in" (I live in Ramona but work nearby you in Carlsbad)......but I'm heading out to Glamis with the gal pal and kiddo's that Friday afternoon so I'm "out" this time around.....

Yo Doc, See you there as soon as I get off work & finish the traffic fest. Probably 7ish.

Wish I could go, but fighting northbound traffic on a Friday afternoon is no fun.

Ride the bike and take the commuter lane. Actually I 15 by 6:30 is not too bad usually. We can keep some cold ones for you. Come later.

Doc

Likewise, normally I'd be "in" (I live in Ramona but work nearby you in Carlsbad)......but I'm heading out to Glamis with the gal pal and kiddo's that Friday afternoon so I'm "out" this time around.....

No prob. I expect there will be more opportunities. Have fun.

Doc

Yo Doc, See you there as soon as I get off work & finish the traffic fest. Probably 7ish.

Don't hurry. We will be hangin' out and talking. Movie times are very flexible. Glad you can make it. Did you say Murray was coming too?

Doc

Ride the bike and take the commuter lane. Actually I 15 by 6:30 is not too bad usually. We can keep some cold ones for you. Come later.

Doc

No prob. I expect there will be more opportunities. Have fun.

Doc

Don't hurry. We will be hangin' out and talking. Movie times are very flexible. Glad you can make it. Did you say Murray was coming too?

Doc

Murray is clearing it with COMHOMEPAC; so he's a solid maybe as am I now. I'll reconfirm as the date draws closer.

Murray is clearing it with COMHOMEPAC; so he's a solid maybe as am I now. I'll reconfirm as the date draws closer.

You make it sound like Murray may have a COMHOMELANT. Is he a bigamist? Maybe Murray's wife title should be CINCMURHOME :)

bump... coming up this Friday

"bump" is a reminder that pushes the thread back to the top of "view new posts"

I wanted to say Thank you to Doc for having a COUPLE of us over for a movie night! He had a very nice house and had plenty of food and beer! Would of been nice to see more of our members show up.

Input excuses here x_____________________________

Always a pleasure to see Ken and Craig!

Would of been nice to see more of our members show up.

Input excuses here x___My weekend with my kids. They were not welcome.

Enjoyed the film. Really got a feel for life "off the grid" so to speak. Glad he took the time to document his travels!

Doc, thanks for the hospitality. Great movie, the guys accent was tough for me to under stand with my less than perfect hearing(years working on jets, and shooting many hundreds of thousands of rounds). An amazing story. I wonder how many of our bikes could have made the trip. This guy sure seemed to do a lot of riding between 17,000 and 18,000 feet of elevation. When you get that Honda back together feel free to give me a call and I can ride with you sometime. Ken

Doc, thanks for the hospitality. When you get that Honda back together feel free to give me a call and I can ride with you sometime. Ken

Sorry, I haven't had much time to get online lately. Work is very busy and I have been doing lots of last minute things to get the bike ready for the Alaska trip.

I have a cracked rear rim. Gonna replace the rim and spokes. Glad to not have a failed wheel in the middle of nowhere. All the bearings are done (wheels, swing arm, rear shock, steering). The fork oil is changed. Getting the new sprockets, chain, slider and glider after the rim comes in. New speedo gear and cable, fresh brake pads. It's like a brand new bike.

I learned to use the Garmin enough to suit me. When I get back from Annapolis I will have a few weeks to get the hard cases on and do a shake down trip to Palomar.

You gotta check out this video on You Tube. I met a guy (Graig Flipy) 2 years ago who inspired my Alaska trip on the XR600. He was on a 49cc Tomas moped that he road from Long Beach to Seattle (in search of Big Foot). His story is at www.crappylittledreams.com He gives me credit for some of the photos I took of him and mentions me in his travelogue. He was truly "different".

Anyhow, he told me about www.mopedarmy.com and when I checked it out I discovered he had also inspired two guys from The Creatures of the Loin moped club in S.F. to drive their mopeds from S.F. to the tip of South America. I read about their trip on the Creatures' web site. It was hysterical. So I was cruising on You Tube and saw this video clip about them.

They are the ultimate adventure tourers. They were tearing down their bikes and rebuilding them on the side of the road multiple times. Check out the story at http://creaturesoftheloincountersubversion.blogspot.com/

This is a quick description of the moped culture: "the creatures of the loin are complete losers. a few of them, the more unsavory ones, are homeless. they are around 22 years old on average with a healthy number still being high school misfits who get made fun of by even the nerds. they are about 40% girls and have chosen the moped way due to a love of liberation, a desire for self sufficiency, and because they are so cheap and worthless that $10 for a carb is a deal they will probably call a rip off. they make do with what they can, scavenging hunks of rust from the dirtpits and garages of the city for next to nothing and turning them into unreliable machines that will carry them throughout the city..perhaps. they plow their own way through the muck of life and are dedicated to being able to completely tear into their engines and rebuild mopeds in hours. they are fascinated with jetting, reed valves, panty hose air filters and such.... they have no problems with scooters or motorcycles or the people who ride them. they have many friends who ride things other than mopeds, however due to our worthless economic status, our scavenging moronic ways, our foolish youthful ideals and our desire to create our own obviously idiotic culture we have ended up on mopeds. there is beauty in being able to fix everything, and i do mean everything on your bike with 8/10/13/17mm sockets, a few screwdrivers, a spark plug tool, an adjustable wrench and a little patience. it is perhaps about scavenging, recycling, digging through the trash and making do with what you can find. there is no honor in it what so ever. i would know. leave it at that.

Doc