dsfox

Big Bear Coon Cabin Weekend Adventure

The toybox has a 120 gal fresh water tank, so we will have extra if needed. (we'll only charge $5 to use the flush toilet :heh: )

How much if we don't flush?

$10 + plus hopefully you brought scuba gear smiley-toilet05.gif

You guys have a GREAT trip! I'm going to have to pass due to work/school/bday celebration.

On a side note, DRZ is almost here! Picking up my baby this weekend!

-George

Hey Pyro, call me to discuss departure time on Friday.........somewhere in the afternoon ?

PM sent.

First off, let me pre-welcome y'all to Big Bear....

I look forward to showing you around my backyard playground.

For those of you who have never been before.

AND

So we can hit the ground running, or roosting as it may be....

Any thoughts or questions about desired routes, skill levels, partners, groups.

I know Deb is putting together several GPS tracks to choose from,

I'll have a couple good maps on site to get your bearings and steer you in a direction if you choose.

Stop by the Discovery Center on North Shore for FREE official Foresrty Map, (newspaper print, good map but NOT water friendly. One time use.

Or any bicycle shop or outdoor shop for Franko's Off Road map. Nice water proof, legible and pack or pocket friendly

The trails are pretty well marked with forestry road markers. Hard to get lost.

But hurt, broke and stranded are another story

Will we establish a system to make sure every rider is safe and accounted for, ride plans, ckeck ins, contacts...........

See y'all in a week. Check previous post for my tent location. Stop in for some ice cold liguid bread.

619-241-3268

Thanks John, We're all excited to visit...ride, eat, drink and be merry together.......most of us will come up from the 38, so no need to go to Norh shore for maps (unless you want to)......I have map sets for everyone....with all the tracks printed and the forest road maps as well....so all should be good there.....as said, we will have laptop and tracks to upload anyone who didnt' get tracks ahead of time...I've emailed them to the particiapants I have Outside email addresses for....sounds like it's getting cold up there....so jacket weather for the "temperature faint of heart" like myself....I updated the first post with pretty good directions to get there.....if anyone needs more info, give me a call.....deb

I will be camping with the family at Serrano and will ride up and hook up with you guys Sat. A.M. for a day of riding. I have ridden a lot up here so would be happy to help with any thing I can.

Look forward to seeing everyone,

I will be camping with the family at Serrano and will ride up and hook up with you guys Sat. A.M. for a day of riding. I have ridden a lot up here so would be happy to help with any thing I can.

Look forward to seeing everyone,

Awesome, it will be good riding with you again.

Guest Crusty

Sorry, everyone I have to cancel this adventure ride due to my adventure bike will not be ready, stuck in shop:(

:D 4 DAYS TIL COON. ...WEATHER for weekend: SUNNY, hi's 70, lows 30'S.....Perfect riding conditions....

Please see FIRST post updated for latest info, important things to know, directions.....if you're riding in and need your gear, ice chest for beverages, etc transported, let one of us know, so we can transport for you.

Anyone coming for 1 day/ evening: please PM me asap IF you'd like to chip in to share one of our delicious meals....

See You All Friday:coolio:

it would seem so....too bad, but I do totally understand...things are DRYYYYYY out there....the weekend will still ROCK!..fires or no....we will be cooking with propane as planned.....

Would like to see about a time/place to meet up with some folks for a Sat. ride. I will be coming from Serrano on the north side of lake, ideas anyone ?

Would like to see about a time/place to meet up with some folks for a Sat. ride. I will be coming from Serrano on the north side of lake, ideas anyone ?

It's a bit of a ride, but maybe just come down to the cabin for breakfast, then you could head out with any number of groups........you could break off of the group later, and head back, seeing we are on opposite sides of the lake....not sure on time....I'll probably put breakfast out from 7-9 am or so.....

It's a nice scenic ride, even if you take the pavement down...head east from serrano, south down the 38 around the mountain...several miles after you descend from onyx summit, take a left at HEARTBAR...onto 1N10..past campground and take dirt for 5-6 miles to the cabin....if you send me your normal email address, I can send you all the tracks we are using.cabin is on it.....it may facilitate meeting someone, even if you don't venture to the cabin...let me know, deb..

Sorry, everyone I have to cancel this adventure ride due to my adventure bike will not be ready, stuck in shop:(

I'll have a spare bike. KTM 525 or XR400R

your choice.

I'd suggest crashing the BBTR family picnic or at least set it as a meeting place.

Say 9AM?

And the fam can play at the park or stroll / shop the nearby Village.

Meadow park just blocks from the Von's.

it would seem so....too bad, but I do totally understand...things are DRYYYYYY out there....the weekend will still ROCK!..fires or no....we will be cooking with propane as planned.....

My current permit for propane stoves does not expire until the 15th. So we are set.

And the Ranger that issued it knows I have the cabin next weekend.

We're set, just need to behave.

Also, as I told Deb the other evening, they are CLOSING the cabin to drive ins and group camping starting this winter.

So we will be one of THEE last to camp there.

I am bringing a propane stove, do I get a permit from a Ranger as I enter the camping area?

Thanks,

Randy

My current permit for propane stoves does not expire until the 15th. So we are set.

And the Ranger that issued it knows I have the cabin next weekend.

We're set, just need to behave.

Also, as I told Deb the other evening, they are CLOSING the cabin to drive ins and group camping starting this winter.

So we will be one of THEE last to camp there.

I have a SPOT 2 GPS transmitter, so it can call 911, or send an e-mail/txt, or update my movement on a website. If someone will have a laptop, what is an e-mail I can pre-program on the SPOT website to contact someone at the basecamp with the laptop if I(we) need help?

Thanks,

Randy

I have a SPOT 2 GPS transmitter, so it can call 911, or send an e-mail/txt, or update my movement on a website. If someone will have a laptop, what is an e-mail I can pre-program on the SPOT website to contact someone at the basecamp with the laptop if I(we) need help?

Thanks,

Randy

we will have laptops, but mine for one does not have remote wireless, so it is only useful to upload....no email.....unless someone else has one of those fancy smancy wireless setups that runs on satelites...........someone who is coming may have that???, but not me.....sorry, deb

Hey Deb,

I cant get the 6' grill this weekend so "smothered in crust" and I decided to squeeze everything in his truck. Should I bring the trailer anyway so we have some storage? We could hide stuff from the bears that way. I am bringing a double burner gas stove that has a grill gizmo on it.

Nevermind. I just read the first post and see that Todd is taking that spot, so no trailer. Awesome!

Hey Deb,

I cant get the 6' grill this weekend so "smothered in crust" and I decided to squeeze everything in his truck. Should I bring the trailer anyway so we have some storage? We could hide stuff from the bears that way. I am bringing a double burner gas stove that has a grill gizmo on it.

Nevermind. I just read the first post and see that Todd is taking that spot, so no trailer. Awesome!

we have 2 toyhaulers coming...so I'm sure there is space enough for the ice chests........no worries....

I am bringing a propane stove, do I get a permit from a Ranger as I enter the camping area?

Thanks,

Randy

My permit covers all propane cooking devices at the site.

Im in-- 5 total. we got our own house and our own food and were just crashing your ride LOL