robertaccio

Renewed DS rider! (smiley face)

She needs a little love, but she is all current plate wise. She will most likely be my first post surgery ride as my race bike TXC450 is in full rebuild mode.

C-yall soon coming to a DS ride near you!!

bikephotos033.jpg

bikephotos032.jpg

bikephotos031.jpg

bikephotos030.jpg

note see TXC450 chassis in foreground

bikephotos029.jpg

Congrats..look forward to meeting you and the bike (don't think we've met yet?)

nice robert, when it comes to big bore dirt and dual sport bikes, i always liked the husky 610 over the ktm 620/625/640 lc4 models.

looking forward to rideing with you sometime

Tonight its carbby clean up time, I grabbed all my required replacement hoses, ordered a new carb/airbox union boot, and will pull the wheels and have HD tubes installed and wheels balanced as well, got new grips, and will install boxed Acerbis plastic rally wrap handguards. need to bleed brakes can see rear fluid is black. most all else looks good. slight fork seal leak will unload the forks, clean the seals and see if it stops after testing. Almost ready for DS action, c ya R

Thanks BS,

I am anxious to do some DS stuff and join the fun.

PS I am also in process of installing the expensive and very heavy but bullet proof Michelin Ultra HD tubes (Michelin Ultras 4mm) in both ends of the tank like TE610.

I keep seeing all the flat tire/blown tube slagging and dont want be at the end of that joke!! I still have one of the best flat stories to tell...........just ask about it some time.

I usually run just the HD 2.5mm tubes in my TXC.

Robert... I'm sure you've forgotten more about bikes than I'll ever know... but I have had the same issues with the SHD tubes that I have had with the regular tubes...

I generally am running regular HD, and keeping air pressure just a tad higher than before, and have had pretty good luck.

I am also re-wrapping the rim tape every time I replace the tire or when I swap out tubes in my garage... also replacing the tube EVERY time I change a tire, and packing the old one with my vest.

as far as the dual pipes... I think they are badass... especially on a DS! Keep them...they rock... small weight penalty for a badass factor of 11

well in the midst of the disassembly I installed the UpTite Husky single pipe with the supertrapp type end. Good thing doing the all out redo,,found the boot off the airbox with some dust and sand insde. among other issues that would have been a pain later,, put some minor bling Ebay front fender graphics, husky bar pad. new grips, and overall clean up and lube chassis she is coming along well. should be ready for next week. gotta do the oil and check valves and cam chain slop. May buy a TC type chain guide, not a big fan of the TE floating bar type, they bend and wear fast. may need fork seals

Installed the UpTite exhaust system. Caused hate and discontent among at least one neighbor after riding by his house just 4 times, 2 times with a full compliment of 20 discs (loud) and 2 times with a half pack of 10 discs (still loud), still way loud and somewhat abnoxious unless in closed course competition. The pipe was really designed for Baja racing.......... sooo back to the garage for a dose of OEM dual pipe reinstall, to keep the peace among other DS riders and the general public (or angry SEAL team guy in this case, not a good guy to piss off). Oh yeah bike runs good, still needs fresh oil, a new fuel petcock (leaks), check valves, check cam chain and some wiring checks, right rear signal blinked none others work, headlights work, tailite no. Shes getting there!!

PS if we were in the Husky homeland (Italy) loud bike and long hooligan wheelies down the street would be applauded by youth and the aged as well (I like that attitude). Have we become just a little too uptight here?? (just thinkin').

yep there is a whole lot of, not wanting to piss someone else off, out there....half of me wants to keep my bike fairly quiet so i can keep my riding areas open and neighbors happy....but part of me says screw them, they dont care about my ears when they are partying on a week night till midnight or mowing their lawn at 6:45 on a sunday morning.

part of me KNOWS that loud pipes saves lives, i have experienced the throttle horn effect on cars while lane splitting personally, and part of me says if i wanna wheelie, screw everyone else, if i get caught its my ticket not yours....

but in my long term interest of riding, i tend to succome to the passive approach and keep the wheelies down...mostly....and i keep my exhast stock other than the emission plug knocked out, but still very quiet.....

im a sissy i guess :o

dialing in the hushy husky solution,,,, keeping the UpTite pipe on for its lean lite weight profile. But I removed the silencer assy and repacked with new FMF muffler packing it had no packing at all.

I ordered a 4in Pro Circuit Quiet cap with S/a built in, from what I see it looks minimal or no mod to install this end into the UpTite 4in SuperTrapp end. No more discs!! then after getting that snout set up I'll put a cone over it to clean up the end and get rid of the sharp ended pipe snout

http://www.procircuit.com/store/pc/viewPrd...;idcategory=439

http://www.procircuit.com/store/pc/viewPrd...;idcategory=439

pulled all the chain rollers off and lubed em, removed and flip flopped the chain guide, did oil change and cleaned filter screens. zip tied up wire harness ,,, still need a replacement NiCad or NiMh battery pack the one that was on the bike is shot, saw some on line, but will try Willys electronics in Nat city. All else is ready just waiting for end cap and silencer attachment. Will pull the chain and clean and relube it,, it is caked with chain wax and has lots of stuck on sand and dirt, may get a ride on it first. patience.....soon she will be ready.

I'm gonna feel so much better about you kickin' my backside with such a nice bike! Outstanding job.

Now post a ride so you can embarass me. I mean, it wouldn't be a huge accomplishment, but it'd be a start.

Got a second wind,wild hair etc, and did a rapid dissassembly last night, and just reinstalled the OEM dual pipes. Also gave the wiring a real a closer look, and it is not to good standards at all (I knew that but did not want to get tangled up in it)

The head lite hi and low with hi indicator and tail and rh turn signals all work.

But No left turn signals, no horn, no brake lites (only has a rear pressure sw no front brake sw wiring),

So I will spend some time cleaning up the wiring system. and she will come out of the garage with the dual oem cannon quiet exhausts. Still needs some motor tuning as well, still have some issues there, may have the dreaded ignition issue, but no conclusion yet until further testing.

after your pro-circuit exhaust core mod you went back to stock duals?

i would add a front brake switch personally...

wiring issues suck...soildering iron and some patience a must

after your pro-circuit exhaust core mod you went back to stock duals?

i would add a front brake switch personally...

wiring issues suck...soildering iron and some patience a must

just having some tuning issues and want to eliminate any questionable issues. The TE610s came with the same DelLorto carb and jet settings for many years, so with my OEM carb and oem pipe if she still doesn't get dialed in, something else down the trouble shooting list is at fault.Just wanted to eliminate the "robert rigged" exhaust system as a possible issue. R