mediaguy

Dual Sport Ride to benefit Stewards of the Sierra NF (update)

Great pics!! The snow I could do without...that last trek over Mt Logan East of Bar10 was not fun. Thanks for all the work you're doing up there clearing trails!!

Hey! I thought the snow was much more fun than the slippery mud......

Then again the bike you had that day was waaay too heavy to glide up on top of the snow and was heavy to pull out of the snow :rolleyes:

Then again the bike you had that day was waaay too heavy to glide up on top of the snow and was heavy to pull out of the snow :rolleyes:

Definitely the WRONG bike for the trip =\ Lesson learned.

Definitely the WRONG bike for the trip =\ Lesson learned.

Not wrong bike......we've ridden all that stuff on the 620/640......just wrong "conditions" for that bike.........no sweat for an alternate ADV bike that can be ridden.......you know the rest :rolleyes::lol:.......I'll be riding the girl bike at Bass Lake since I have the 520 cleaned up and ready for the sales block......

I have the 520 cleaned up and ready for the sales block......

how much? 8-]

I have the 520 cleaned up and ready for the sales block......

how much? 8-]

I'll start a separate thread on that rather than further detour this thread :rolleyes:

Not wrong bike......we've ridden all that stuff on the 620/640......just wrong "conditions" for that bike.........no sweat for an alternate ADV bike that can be ridden.......you know the rest :rolleyes::lol:.......I'll be riding the girl bike at Bass Lake since I have the 520 cleaned up and ready for the sales block......

Wrong bike for that snow =)

I would like to try and swing this trip but I haven't seen a location or time etc.........flyer says membership is included in the registration fee of $75........is a membership what I need to get more particulars?

I do know a few secret handshakes :rolleyes:

I would like to try and swing this trip but I haven't seen a location or time etc.........flyer says membership is included in the registration fee of $75........is a membership what I need to get more particulars?

I do know a few secret handshakes :rolleyes:

Ride flyer is in the first post

Guys, if you're on the fence about riding, sign up now as the limited entry is filling up FAST! Your $75 donation gets you membership in the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest, t-shirt and BBQ. As a member now, you can ride the Dual Sport Club ride at no extra charge. It's a great ride, lot's of optional single track and lots of spectacular scenic jeep roads. And you're helping keep these trails open.

July 10/11, Sierra National Forest

SOTSNF__Flyer_Revised_6_15.pdf

Should have my check already, looking forward to it!!

… I’ll need an accurate/ “resettable” ODO for Big Bear and Bass Lake……time to correct the stock ODO and learn how to operate the stock instrument panel in "measurement mode" since I can only zero out the ODO on my GPS and I don't have a Trail Tech Endurance Computer on the girl bike......

is this a must or is the GPS good enough?

I'll be there Thursday evening, staying at the Elk's lodge in the trailer. Want to check out the area on Friday. If anyone is going to be up there on Friday and wants to ride PM me and we can xchg phone #s.

is this a must or is the GPS good enough?

Well just relying on GPS is iffy, we recommend a roll chart in conjunction with the GPS. But you can always ride with someone who has an odo/roll chart.

I've seen guys going backwards on the course because they didn't know which way the tracks ran.

Camping, lodging, RV parks, etc. nearby?

Motels in Oakhurst, Elks lodge on west end of lake and/or various campgrounds on south side of lake - see flyer on first page......our house is full (we're also on the west end of the Lake)

Well just relying on GPS is iffy, we recommend a roll chart in conjunction with the GPS. But you can always ride with someone who has an odo/roll chart.

I've seen guys going backwards on the course because they didn't know which way the tracks ran.

Need to figure out/calibrate my girl bike ODO or I'll be relying on GPS alone as well.......

Need to figure out/calibrate my girl bike ODO or I'll be relying on GPS alone as well.......

I have been debating on the Vapor computer for some time now......may need to pull the trigger.

BTW....entry and check sent in the mail today! looking forward to it....

I have been debating on the Vapor computer for some time now......may need to pull the trigger.

BTW....entry and check sent in the mail today! looking forward to it....

Highway Dirt Bikes makes a nice Billet Protector for the Vapor too.

Just need to remember to remove it before washing the bike......have heard that they don't take very well to water

Thanks for the lead though!

Guys, if you're on the fence about riding, sign up now as the limited entry is filling up FAST! Your $75 donation gets you membership in the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest, t-shirt and BBQ. As a member now, you can ride the Dual Sport Club ride at no extra charge. It's a great ride, lot's of optional single track and lots of spectacular scenic jeep roads. And you're helping keep these trails open.

July 10/11, Sierra National Forest

More teaser video from last fall........same track we'll be riding in July (most likely)....

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeebusx#p/u/9/L9k0gvuGV3o

Need a reference point? Picture Big Bear trails without as many rocks, BETTER views, and BIGGER trees B) ........and DEEPER water ;):( !!!