paulmbowers

In the studio today

Looks nice. Who makes it?

Cycleport.

Best around- better protection than the $1500 Klim Adventure, in my opinion.

Actually, quite the opposite.

It's mesh Kevlar. Stronger than leather, but air passes right through it. Same as the armor- it's perfed to allow air flow. So not just zippers for ventilation, but the entire suit flows air all the time. More protection than leather and more airflow than other "ballistic" materials.

You can go to the factory in San Marcos and get fitted. It's not cheap, but it's guaranteed for life. You crash and shred, they fix or replace. Several of my SDAMC member friends have them, and swear by them. Highly functional, very protective... I'm still partial to basic black leather though.

So, Summer/Spring jacket, not for cold weather? :rolleyes:

You can use their liner for colder climes, or you can use their stretch Kevlar for less airflow. I used a custom stretch Kevlar on the street and track for years- not in extreme cold, but used an electric vest now and then.

I think they have the best dualsport solution on the market. The stuff I ride in is great for the dirt, but has little abrasion protection for a on-road getoff. Further, the armor that's in my riding pants will tear away with the rest of the pants if I slide on the pavement for any distance.

This is the real deal. Keep an eye on their website for big photo changes- I shot all morning today and will repeat soon.

I took a tour of the factory a few months ago and was very impressed with the quality of their products and the materials used in making some of the best riding gear available. Unfortunately for me, I still can't afford a suit from them. It's on my christmas list, though.

I have the Kevlar Mesh pants..........best stuff on the market, in my opinion. Plus it's made locally by a local businessman. Great to support locals !

The Kevlar Mesh breathes well.

I have their 1000 Denier Cordura Jacket for years (better than Aerostich), it breathes better also, due to the large pores of the 1000 denier material. Once that jacket wears out, I'll get the kevlar jacket also.

Yeah, I got the grey Adventure pants, I think the same as the black pants shown above.

PS, FYI stuff the Pres of the Co. is Wayne Boyer, I am 99% sure that he THE Wayne Boyer of 70-80s MX fame as top MX national contender at the time. Anyone back that up?

I took a tour of the factory a few months ago and was very impressed with the quality of their products and the materials used in making some of the best riding gear available. Unfortunately for me, I still can't afford a suit from them. It's on my christmas list, though.

HA!! Who the heck you think is going to spend that much money on you at Christmas?

HA!! Who the heck you think is going to spend that much money on you at Christmas?

hey... he has LOTS of friends here that will pitch in...

I'm good for $1... hope he has lots of friends JUST like me... I suggest going to advrider.com , in Jo Momma, and ask for a donation pool to start up... that is always good for a melt-down or two