slagnado

Ready to get dirty

Hi,

My name is Sondra and have ridden street bikes on and off for years. I have a new dual sport BMW 650 GS. I am a newbie to dirt and am looking for others to ride with. Send me a message if you want to ride!

Thanks,

Sondra

Welcome to the club! Lots of different rides to join in on... You got a bit of a big bike for a lot of the dirt stuff, but a good rider can take that bike a lot of places

Welcome to the club! Lots of different rides to join in on... You got a bit of a big bike for a lot of the dirt stuff, but a good rider can take that bike a lot of places

I agree it feels heavy in the dirt. I hope to say one day I am a good rider but today is not that day. I already want something smaller for dirt, any suggestions on what should I consider?

Depends on exactly what you want to do with it, your size and your wallet

Go to the What Bike To Ride threads and look around...Mimi (dirt dame) is a waifish young lady, and she rides everything from an 85cc smoker to a 450cc fire breather.

Zina (ducatigirl) has quite the collection of bigger bikes too

Post up that question, with some details, and you'll get lots of opinions...some of those opinions might be pretty good.

Very few brand snobs over here so you get good info

Cept kellymac :ph34r:

This one is a little overpriced and maybe a bit low tech for your liking, but easy to handle and learn the dirt on.

Welcome aboard! Jump in on a ride or post one. Even if it's not totally DS, plenty here with road bikes or willing to ride.

Sondra, we've known each other for years- trust me when I say welcome to the club, and don't ride like BikeSlut.

You WILL have more fun and learn the dirt faster on a small bike.

Welcome aboard. With Summer coming up next, there will be lots of nice dualsport rides that your 650 will work well on. The best small trail bike would be an older two stroke cross country bike that somebody managed to get plated. Other than that, there are lots of choices out there.

You WILL have more fun and learn the dirt faster on a small bike.

So True. I love my GSA for adventuring, but my WR450 is my prefered offroad toy, even then I would not mind have a 250... I loved my RM250 also...

It's the same as '06 I posted but less miles and less $$$$. There's probably still room in the price since it's been up for a few days. Good reviews from those I've read...basically bulletproof.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback! and look forward to riding with you all soon! That second bike makes me nervous it hasn't been ridden since it was put back together. I don't know how to fix'em just yet. Any thoughts on this one? http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/1689018614.html

Damn dandy starter bike, and I'll bet it will go for $2500 or below- maybe 22/23?

And it's the right lack of color.