Supposedly the original owner was a mechanic/machinist. He stuck these little protective plates on certain spots on the motor. They are epoxied on there and aren't keen to be removed.

Supposedly the original owner was a mechanic/machinist. He stuck these little protective plates on certain spots on the motor. They are epoxied on there and aren't keen to be removed.

Cool. Buy a bike with the band-aids already installed!

Congrats. Check out cafe Husky. I have a shim kit if you need, what part of town are you in? Ken

And so it begins.

Congrats - you won't lose a dime when/if you flip it - now go have some fun!

Congrats on the Bike.. :ph34r: ..Now, Don't get rid of that "short" seat, as there MAY be vertically challenged interested parties (like me) if and when you decide to upgrade to a different bike...(that seat looks almost identical to my self cut custom seat on my klx)

That bike would be perfect for me I think...You won't have trouble selling it... :lol:

Congrats. Check out cafe Husky. I have a shim kit if you need, what part of town are you in? Ken

I live on Point Loma. I think my original goal of getting all that done this week might of been a little aggressive. I'll probably tear it down, clean it and rebuild it this week. Valves might have to wait a couple of weeks until the in-laws are out of town.

Congrats on the Bike.. :ph34r: ..Now, Don't get rid of that "short" seat, as there MAY be vertically challenged interested parties (like me) if and when you decide to upgrade to a different bike...(that seat looks almost identical to my self cut custom seat on my klx)

That bike would be perfect for me I think...You won't have trouble selling it... :lol:

I gotcha ;).

Also, I was on SDAR on my phone and I think it showed a PM from somebody. I went to my computer and nothing. So if you did send me a PM late last night or this morning please resend. I am retarded and probably accidentally deleted it, or it never existed in the first place :ph34r:.