unclecameron

TKC-80 tires ripping side knobs

I'm having problems ripping the side knobs off the tires when on the street running Continental TKC-80's, here's a picture showing 4 of them ripped on one side. Has anyone run the Mefo's and had good luck with them? The Tourances don't have enough of a sidewall and it makes for some edgy riding in the hard twisties and you can't steer in the mud, so looking for something that has decent steering ability offroad in mud and won't run out of tire in the twisties under heavy throttle, ideas? I've worn out a lot of TKC's, just seeing if something else it out there nowadays?

bmw_tkc80_tire_ripped.jpg

Uncle C,

What rock you been hiding under??

"Twisties under Heavy Throttle"

Give me a break. GS 1150 Cranking under "Heavy Throttle."

Back Off or get a Street tire.

When you coming to SD again my friend?

P.S. Has the rain stopped?

Hey Cameron, you call that chunking ? There's still plenty of knob left......when you told me this on the phone, I figured the knobs would be all gone.

Bagstr is correct.......a knobby tire is not made for hard acceleration on a big pig bike in twisties !

Jeeze Camron, your bike is able to rip knobbies off and you are complaining? :lol:

The TKC-80s will run down real fast for about 35%, then it seems to slow way down. Thats i have noticed on my KLR.

Now on the KLR that is set up more for the street, (yeah I know) I run the MEFOs, and in the twisties, this bike grips and plays well. the MEFOs are a great tire and wear very well so far, I have 1000 miles on em.

the TKC 80 I ran in DEATH VALLEY and the wore fairly fast to a point, then it seems they just stopped. Now, i,m not JOE MOTO sponsered by SUPER THROTTLE or anything like that so keep tha tin mind. However i will say, the MEFOs handle very very well in the street as well as in the dirt. Air down as always, and as a newbie, these are what i have learned so far

Hey Cameron.

I liked the old TKC80s that were made in Europe. The newer ones, made in Brazil, seem softer ????

As for choices, I do not like the Karroos. Freakin' scary on the Tarmac. And will be going back to TKC80s.

You are a MUCH more aggressive rider than I am, so Im not much help.

Sorry to have missed you when you were down here. Maybe next time.

Spyder