Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

out of state diesel transfer

anyone have experience transfering a diesel to CA from out of state. The one I'm looking at is a 2004 cummins in AZ. I'm not sure they are CARB compliant. Anyone know?

The way I see it, an engine is an engine. It's what you plan to do with it that will give you trouble. If it's for agricultural or enginneering applications you'll have no troubles at all. A backup generator for your house when the anti-government riots start? You might have a problem with the neighbors, but chances are your neighbors will have other problems bigger than your diesel powered generator.

I'm not sure they are CARB compliant. Anyone know?

It dosent matter as long as it has 7500+ miles on the odometer. I bought a 2006 VW TDI from Oregon in 2007. The car had 8000 miles on it so everything was fine. California never allowed this car to be sold new here - but used is ok.

My neighbor just bought a 2006 Dodge Diesel 4x4 out of tennessee that origially started in Florida and had no problems.

My VW TDI was also not sold in cali in fact it started as a canadian car then was in AZ and CA, as long as it has the 7500 miles youll have no issues getting into the state however CARB is now starting diesels to get smogged but it just means they check to make sure all the emissions parts are there and look for a lot of smoke

when you have a spare 30 minutes to an hour...call the dmv and ask what will be required, i dont think it will be a problem

OH you wanted a truck! Why didn't you say so?

You have a line on a diesel Motorcycle?

He titled the post "out of state diesel transfer". I initially assumed he was considering a pipeline or trucking company. In the body of the post spaugh then mentions a "2004 Cummins". Knowing that cummins makes diesel engines from the Navy small boats and auxiliary generators a thought he just wanted an engine, but had no idea what for.

I do,

diesel dualsport

More diesel

That Track T-800 is really cool. May not be the best handling, or lightest. But if I could make my own fuel for my recreation vehicle, Than I could afford this new healthcare plan.. YAH HOO ;)

I have some general advice for those that are bringing in or have cars from other states that haven't been registered.

When it comes time to register it here, tell the DMV it has only been here one day. Lie if you have to, but the DMV will TAX you for every day that it was here. Anything over 6 mos will cost hundreds of dollars.