Tree

Presidents Day Mexico

Guest Numbskull

Are any of you guys going to the supercross Sat. nite? I will be tailgating and yoall are welcome to stop by for a beer. Call my cell (619 850 2742) for our location. Michael

OK- I found my license, my birth certificate, my bike registration, an 8 track cassette tape, and a Susan B Anthony Dollar... I'm all ready to go. I don't really need those last two things, but you find the oddest things when you turn your truck upside down and shake it.

I am leaving my "hybrid" sprockets in place... stock front, and +3 rear sprocket, so that dirt ratio looks good to me.

Jordan; since we are not swinging by Ride-Orange's house, we can leave my house at 630... see you there. you have my home number if anything changes. Ride-Orange; we'll meet you at the border around 7ish, or I'll call you if anything falls apart on our end.

EDIT: After a little research it looks like the US plans to start requiring passports in 2008. This only applies to border crossings by land. People coming in by plane or boat are already required to have passports as of Jan 23 2007. For the border crossings into the US by land, most web sites I checked recommend a passport or birth certificate but they say a drivers liscense is usually all that is needed, especially in heavy tourist areas.

Whenever I crossed the US-Canada border from Windsor, Ontario to Detroit MI or Niagara Falls to Buffalo, NY from 2002 to 2005 and I must've done it every other month, I was asked specifically for proof of citizenship. US Customs agents told me that it was now required for entry into the US. If I didn't have it, I was sent to the inspection station for a thourough search of my vehicle and ID verification.

I did go to Puerto Nuevo a couple months ago and made it through the Otay crossing with little more that a few questions asked.

Enjoy the trip,

Cheers

Are any of you guys going to the supercross Sat. nite? I will be tailgating and yoall are welcome to stop by for a beer. Call my cell (619 850 2742) for our location. Michael

You're on! I won't be heading down until late afternoon (via trolley for a quick exit), so I'll give you a call when we arrive.

HondaPilot- Thanks for the advice. I'll be packing a birth certificate for re-entry and I'll start working on getting the passport for next time (oh yes, there WILL BE a next time..)

If this get well i will be on the PATRULLA FORESTAL ( PROTECCION CIVIL ) WE HELP THE PERSONS ON THE ROUTES, SEE ME PIC

I WORK FROM LA RUMOROSA TO OJOS NEGROS, I KNOW ABOUT THE EFECT OF MY LAST POSTS, SORRY BUT I AM A GOOD PERSON, ANYWAY

I WORK FOR THE GOBERMENT ( LIKE A PARK RANGER ) AND I CAN HELP

post-120-1171658346_thumb.jpg

I'd recommend against carrying your birth certificate. It is a way to prove your citizenship, but you only get one birth certificate and lots can happen to your stuff on the trail. Take a copy if you'd like, play dumb when asked at the border, etc. but leave it at home. It's a bigger headache to contact the hall of records in the city you were born to get a certified copy of your birth certificate then sit in a Customs office waiting for them to finish their checks. Definetely get a passport, everybody should have one and I think they're good for 15 years. Pilots have to do a 10 year background check for every company we work for and I have had to sit through this lecturing about official documentation three times now.

I'll be there for the next one,

Jon

Bob, what route are we taking from your house to the Tecate border? We have another rider coming up from Eastlake area and he was wondering if he would be able to meet up with us on the way to the border or is there a general area everyone is meeting at?

Bob, what route are we taking from your house to the Tecate border? We have another rider coming up from Eastlake area and he was wondering if he would be able to meet up with us on the way to the border or is there a general area everyone is meeting at?

Arnold, to Tavern, to Japatul Valley road, to Honey Springs to 94... we can meet at the dirt run-off where Otay Lakes Road meets 94, and motor on from there... we can get to there in 20 minutes easy...

Arnold, to Tavern, to Japatul Valley road, to Honey Springs to 94... we can meet at the dirt run-off where Otay Lakes Road meets 94, and motor on from there... we can get to there in 20 minutes easy...

Thanks sounds good! B)

Hey Motobro and Bikeslut, I live down El Monte Rd which is the first right turn at the bottom of Lake Jennings. I was going to ride down to Rancho San Diego and take the 94 over but if you guys are riding from Alpine I would rather cruise along with yall. So If you want company just give me a time and an address.

Hey Motobro and Bikeslut, I live down El Monte Rd which is the first right turn at the bottom of Lake Jennings. I was going to ride down to Rancho San Diego and take the 94 over but if you guys are riding from Alpine I would rather cruise along with yall. So If you want company just give me a time and an address.

Yea, thats a good idea. If you want meet me at the 7-11 at the corner of Lake Jennings and Old Hwy 8 at about 6:10 and then we can head up to Bikesluts house. I will be on a blue drz 400.

See ya there!

Just so there is no confusion this ride is for Sunday the 18th, departure time 7:30am?

The topic Presidents Day might throw some off. ;)