Tree

Presidents Day Mexico

Okay... This ride is looking a little more interesting. I was bummed about missing the M Skyranch ride last St. Paddy's day.

Is this a one day event?

Rob, I can help you sweep for the desert dash.

[

Is this a one day event?

Is it a one day event? If so, I'd love to tag along... and I can swing by Ranchito de Orange, and we can ride down together... I'm in Alpine

Thanks for the sig line, Craig!

[

Is this a one day event?

Is it a one day event? If so, I'd love to tag along... and I can swing by Ranchito de Orange, and we can ride down together... I'm in Alpine

Thanks for the sig line, Craig!

Yes, one day event, up and back. Should be fun.

What's up with that sig line Bob!? :D

You're welcome to stage at the homestead. Hit me with a PM or email rob@division8inc.com and I'll send you the details

Rob

What's up with that sig line Bob!? :D

It shows up on mine... I had to look at it for a while before I "got it"... I will keep in touch about the stage at Casa de Naranja...

This post convinced me to register as a member so I could head down there with you all. Ive been waiting a few days for my membership to be validated by the administrator and it finally went through tonight. I think the last I read you are going to cross over in Tecate and park in a campground, right? I live about 40 minutes away from the border so I could ride there but I would rather truck to the border to avoid the freeway riding. Any updates?

This post convinced me to register as a member so I could head down there with you all. Ive been waiting a few days for my membership to be validated by the administrator and it finally went through tonight. I think the last I read you are going to cross over in Tecate and park in a campground, right? I live about 40 minutes away from the border so I could ride there but I would rather truck to the border to avoid the freeway riding. Any updates?

It looks like Rob and bikeslut will be riding in from Rob's house. I'll be bringing my truck and possibly a trailer but I'll park in a secured lot, on the US side and unload so we can avoid the border wait on the way back.

Alright, I think I'm just gonna just ride there, I'll fill up the desert tank, cruise down Jamacha, and take the 94 to the border. See you at 7:15.....

It shows up on mine... I had to look at it for a while before I "got it"...

I GET IT! I had to remember your old avatar, but then it hit me like a ton of flying dirt bikes :P

Here's the plan so far- Looks to be about 8 of us going, meet at the border around 7:00-7:15am gear up and head across the border on the bikes around 7:30am. Get to Santa Veronica around 9:30 have a little break, snack, and gas up and back on the road to Laguna Hanson by 10:30am. Should put us in laguna Hanson by 12:30-1:00pm. Get gas and have lunch then decide from there the path for the return trip. ;)

Weather man says possible rain on Sun so we'll have to check the weather as it gets closer but be prepared. I'm sure there will be a little water out there from the last storm. :D

I'm kinda like a cat (that's right smart a$$, a BIG cat); stealthy, able to pounce in the blink of an eye, usually land on my feet when dropped from an inverted attitude, AND I HATE BEING WET! ;)

Dave said that he and Dan will be joining us also, and they will be trucking to the border...

I hope you guys don’t mind if I tag along with ya. Sounds like a fun ride. Maybe I can meet up with Bikeslut since I am right off Lake Jennings exit?

The more the marrier. I think that will bring the total to eleven riders as of now. The newscast (channel 8) I watched last night said the rain wouldn't hit until Monday. Yea. :huh: So the big orange cat doesn't have to worry about getting wet unless he is too close to me during a water crossing or puddle. :P

...unless he is too close to me during a water crossing or puddle.

Careful Monkey Boy! Whtin the added weight of the Mighty 625 vs. your little race bike, coupled with 260 pouinds of stealthy romance, I think I can displace a little more standing water than you can! :D Let the games begin! :huh::P:P

I hope you guys don’t mind if I tag along with ya. Sounds like a fun ride. Maybe I can meet up with Bikeslut since I am right off Lake Jennings exit?

Glad to have you Bro, we'll finalize a rally poiint plan here in the next couple of days...

Jordan! Welcome back! You've been MIA...how's the little girl? Yeah; we can meet at my House in Alpine, then motor over to Ride Orange Ranchita, then go from there... I'm running knobs, so the street ride will be a little slower than you're probably comfortable with...

Bob, my Daughters great although I think she is nocturnal, I cant remember the last time I slept. Congratulations to you! How is fatherhood treating ya? I hope your boy is letting you get some sleep.

Anyway, I am also running knobs so slower is safer (on the street) I can save the speed for the dirt. If you can, send me a message or an e-mail with an address and a time you would like me there to wake up your neighbors. :huh:

If you guys are riding in, you may want to avoid the 13 or so miles that the loop to my house will take you out of your way. You are more than welcome of course, but it may be more convenient for you to continue down Hwy 94 to the Tecate Rd.

Lemme know... :P

This will give you a rough idea of how far into the middle of nowhere you will need to go to find me :huh:

Posted Image

If you guys are riding in, you may want to avoid the 13 or so miles that the loop to my house will take you out of your way. You are more than welcome of course, but it may be more convenient for you to continue down Hwy 94 to the Tecate Rd.

Lemme know... :P

This will give you a rough idea of how far into the middle of nowhere you will need to go to find me :huh:

You may be right... I'll let you know... does anybody think it will be a problem to NOT have a valid drivers license, whilst crossing the border? I lost mine out of a fenderbag last ride... it is still "valid" i.e. I am not suspended, and i have my old expired one... what do you guys think?

I think you'll be fine. They may check registrations and I.D. on the way in though. THe good part is, if we get stopped for doing wheelies through town and the cops try to extort $100 from us in exchange for giving our licenses back, you can just tell them to fly a kite and ride-off into the sunset :huh:

It is actually illegal to have in your possesion more than one valid or an expired drivers license that has been replaced. You can probably get a paper replacement from the DMV to use until your replacement shows up.

You are now required to carry proof of citizenship when crossing the border. You are more likely to get asked for your passport/birth certificate than a drivers license. And if they do ask just hand over the passport and hope they don't ask for more.

Have a great ride, I wish I could join you guys. The view of Idaho Falls, ID and its cloudy 30 degree skies from my hotel room won't allow me to be there.

Jon

"You are now required to carry proof of citizenship when crossing the border. You are more likely to get asked for your passport/birth certificate than a drivers license. And if they do ask just hand over the passport and hope they don't ask for more."

Thats not good... :huh: Is that something that just started this year? It must be because I was in Baja on thankgiving weekend and after waiting in line to get back in to the US (Which by the way took 4 HOURS) all I needed was my Liscense. Am I going to need a passport?

EDIT: After a little research it looks like the US plans to start requiring passports in 2008. This only applies to border crossings by land. People coming in by plane or boat are already required to have passports as of Jan 23 2007. For the border crossings into the US by land, most web sites I checked recommend a passport or birth certificate but they say a drivers liscense is usually all that is needed, especially in heavy tourist areas.

"You are now required to carry proof of citizenship when crossing the border. You are more likely to get asked for your passport/birth certificate than a drivers license. And if they do ask just hand over the passport and hope they don't ask for more."

Thats not good... :huh: Is that something that just started this year? It must be because I was in Baja on thankgiving weekend and after waiting in line to get back in to the US (Which by the way took 4 HOURS) all I needed was my Liscense. Am I going to need a passport?

EDIT: After a little research it looks like the US plans to start requiring passports in 2008. This only applies to border crossings by land. People coming in by plane or boat are already required to have passports as of Jan 23 2007. For the border crossings into the US by land, most web sites I checked recommend a passport or birth certificate but they say a drivers liscense is usually all that is needed, especially in heavy tourist areas.

For what its worth, i just did this trip LAST weekend, in my TRUCK. We crossed back over in Tecate, i had my passport in hand along with a drivers license, as did my passenger, as soon as the guy saw the passports he waved us through! Our friends that only had licenses also got right through. Your results may vary but that was our experience last weekend!

Have a safe trip guys! Wish i could join!

This is correct. Most of my work crew live in Tijuana and drive the border everyday so I figured they would have the scoop, and they mentioned the same thing as Terrible619.

You can cross the border with a driver’s license or a picture ID up until the first of 2008 but you currently need a passport to fly in and out of Mexico.

Does anyone know the percentage of dirt riding on this trip? My friend Steve wants to cruise out, but he was wondering if he should change out his sprocket for street.

Does anyone know the percentage of dirt riding on this trip? My friend Steve wants to cruise out, but he was wondering if he should change out his sprocket for street.

In talking with Tree, it looks like we will be 95% dirt after we get to Tecate. Some of the dirt is fast graded road, but most will be 2 track, single track, and old race course. I also mapped-out some rough milage and you should plan for up to 80 miles between fuel. We'll probably do between 150 and 180 miles in Mexico overall B) .