hoss314

Big Bear Trail Riders' 2010 Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride

My house is always open to anyone, especially the great group of SDAR's.

Thanks for the very generous offer John......I WILL take you up on that at some point........I love riding up there.....

Whats the snow level at now?? I'd imagine all the Holcumb Valley stuff is snow free.....now!

johnny bags... you did it now... we're like stray cats; house us for a night, and we'll think we live there...

post up a ride after the snow melts. I've been there only twice, but LOVED it both times

a friend was just up there riding last week...he said that trailside the snow is pretty much gone, but in pllaces the water levels are still too high to cross...they rode pinnacles, up 3n34 (washed out alot) tried 3w17 (which is what you guys call Redondo Ridge, I think?)....too much water to cross at the low point..I planned on a big bear ride on easter, but got too busy with family stuff....will be up there before too long...Plenty of "visible snow left on the Peaks" of big bear and wrightwood areas....

Although probably rideable if coming up from lower elevations, ie: Pinnacles to Deep Creek, 3N34, 3N16, Holcomb, Big Pine, Crab Flats...............etc

Locally, access gates heading out, 2N10, 2N18, Van Dusen to Holcomb, 3N93 down to Seven Oaks......are still locked and VERY MUCH snowed in. 3-4 feet in some places.

President's Day weekend dumped 5-7 feet in areas

Even with the several inches of snow we got over the last 3-4 days, none of which accumulated or stuck, the trails down in elevation to Pioneertown, Cactus Flats, Seven Oaks and others heading down in elevation are mostly clear.

Shady corners and North facing slopes still have some snow and ice in the early morning hours.

Temperatures from today forward will be AWESOME. 30's/40's in the early AM and approaching the 50's to mid upper 60's and above by mid day.

Still awaiting the traditonal 'Mother's Day snow.

Roads are all open but we still have many plow burms upwards of 3-4 feet from the President's Day weekend storms.

BB-Q and ride staged out of my place coming soon.

The open invitation to stay, stage and ride out of my house is always open.

Less than 5 minutes from any of the above mentioned trails.

John Arelt

619-241-3268

Does you even have to ask? ;)

I'm in if there is any way possible to be in for me!!! Always have been.

I plan on going for the plaque again this year (I'm 2 for 3... the first year my second flat tire kept me from going for it) as well as hitting the mountain a few times prior to get a good warmup for the event.

Who's in for the hero loop plaque chase with me this year? I'm really getting tired of having to push my bike up the hills by myself!!! ;) (just kidding about the pushing part )

Volunteer ssignments were handed out this weekend......looks like I'll be working the GPS download table with Gil Friday/Sat/Sun......we may also sweep some hardways Sat afternoon......

I'd like to see a BIG turn out from SDAR this year......this is an awesome event.......catch the fever - "Outwit - Outlast - Outride!!!" :lol:

Hmm I'm gonna have to Outlast.. Those wit and ride things sound hard... :lol:

Link me...please

link is in the first post you lazy sh_ _ :lol:

Link me...please

link is in the first post you lazy sh_ _ :lol:

:lol:

I see that now as I am not on my BlackBerry...

I am very interested.

I am very interested.

Bring the DRZ not the GSA.......this is a true dualsport ride not an Adventure ride......you might want to partner up with Jim and just ride the easy ways if it's your first time up there.......good way to get familar with the area......you'll still be challenged in sections on some of the easy ways......maybe grab one or two hardways depending on how you feel.......you have to be VERY serious/commited to try and swallow all the hard ways/chase a plaque........that usually entails ~175 miles and 7 or 8 hardway sections (easy way is usually aroudn ~150 miles).......Sunday's ride is shorter/easier - no easy/hard splits on Sunday.....

Stay at Motel 6 - It's directly across the street from the convention center......

just MY opinion... first time up there? Take the easy ways... very nice trails, beautiful scenery, and you can still run a fast pace

when SDAR goes up there, there is generally a hrad way/easy way split before we all meet up again

Volunteer ssignments were handed out this weekend......looks like I'll be working the GPS download table with Gil Friday/Sat/Sun......we may also sweep some hardways Sat afternoon......

I'd like to see a BIG turn out from SDAR this year......this is an awesome event.......catch the fever - "Outwit - Outlast - Outride!!!" B)

Chris, See you & other SDAR members in BB. Went to the club meeting last Saturday.

I'll be ribboning the routes on Thursday/Friday and riding sweeps on Saturday, Steve...

I'll likely ride. Not sure yet whether I'll go for the plaque or ride with Chris and just enjoy myself.

Bring the DRZ not the GSA.......

My poor GSA... she has been relegated to road use only...

OK not really, but at this point, I am always going to assume the DRZ is thr right tool for the job. THe best part is the GSA is totally built out now, so I should see significant improvements in her rideability.

Hey, I resemble that remark! <_<

Putting it out there now for any newbie, newer, newish, or "looking not to challenge Strega to the finish" kind of riders. Come on over to the "enjoy the ride" side if anyone like that is looking for a partner. First time up there!

I am very interested.

.....you might want to partner up with Jim and just ride the easy ways if it's your first time up there.......good way to get familar with the area......you'll still be challenged in sections on some of the easy ways......maybe grab one or two hardways depending on how you feel......

Hey, I resemble that remark! <_<

Putting it out there now for any newbie, newer, newish, or "looking not to challenge Strega to the finish" kind of riders. Come on over to the "enjoy the ride" side if anyone like that is looking for a partner. First time up there!

I am in! Riding the easy route. Just know this now, I will forgo the ride or part of it if Brasil is playing in the World Cup games that weekend (no way of knowing til it gets closer....but I have a good feeling). I'lll be glued to a TV cheering them on. I will happily ride before and ....after just depends on the outcome of said game. So far their games are being scheduled at 11:30 AM.

REVISED 6-11-10 World Cup has started. I am officially no longer going to Big Bear!

For those of you who have not yet made up your mind......Just Do It!!

You get your choice of easy fire road style riding or hard ways trails at "sign in", GPS tracks or roll charts (or both). No excuses! beautiful scenery and lots of fun....

Last years ride report

Just 2 weeks left to register for the BIG BEAR RUN DUAL SPORT RIDE

The Big Bear Trail Riders Motorcycle Club Members are proud to bring you the 16th annual Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride in Big Bear Lake, CA

June 26 & 27, 2010

Registration is now open for the BBTR Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride. Click on the following link for detailed information, to register on-line or download our ride flyer and entry form.

Signup 2010 Big Bear Run

If you have questions regarding the event or registration please e-mail Frank Schnetz at frank@feschnetz.com or Miguel Burgi at miguel.burgi@gmail.com .

Thank you for your continued support,

Big Bear Trail Riders Motorcycle Club

For those of you who have not yet made up your mind......Just Do It!!

You get your choice of easy fire road style riding or hard ways trails at "sign in", GPS tracks or roll charts (or both). No excuses! beautiful scenery and lots of fun....

Last years ride report

Just 2 weeks left to register for the BIG BEAR RUN DUAL SPORT RIDE

The Big Bear Trail Riders Motorcycle Club Members are proud to bring you the 16th annual Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride in Big Bear Lake, CA

June 26 & 27, 2010

Registration is now open for the BBTR Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride. Click on the following link for detailed information, to register on-line or download our ride flyer and entry form.

Signup 2010 Big Bear Run

If you have questions regarding the event or registration please e-mail Frank Schnetz at frank@feschnetz.com or Miguel Burgi at miguel.burgi@gmail.com .

Thank you for your continued support,

Big Bear Trail Riders Motorcycle Club

And don't forget the annual moonlight ride coming up in July.

I plan on going. I am I can carpool with one more bike in my truck. I plan on leaving San Diego (UTC near UCSD) Friday am and returning Sunday June 27th evening or early Monday am. I may be able to stay at my cousin's 4BR cabin and get a group rate if we have several people, or for free at someone else's 2BR. Motel 6 is $66/night. I will be riding the easy trails with my KTM 530 EXC.

Randy

858-922-1179

I'd like to see a BIG turn out from SDAR this year......this is an awesome event.......catch the fever - "Outwit - Outlast - Outride!!!" :)

Just rec'd the below e-mail from Frank - Anyone else interested in volunteering to work the event? I'm sure this only applies to Sat.'s ride - no add'l volunteers needed on Sunday......I was slated to work the GPS table/sweep on Sat. but it looks like I may be shifted to a check point instead........duties - log in each riders number as they pass by, offer them water, etc......please let me know if you're interested......thanks.....

Hello Chris:

We need about 4 or 5 more check point workers so we can have 2 at each check point. Can you work a check point and recruit a few more workers to volunteer? Each volunteer receives an event T-shirt and dinner at the banquet on Saturday night. Mike Johanson is our check point volunteer coordinator. You can communicate directly with him.

Thanks again for all your support of BBTR.

More on volunteering........just rec'd the e-mail below.......you can DRIVE to the checkpoints so ANYONE can work a check point.....

Hi Chris:

All of the checks are easy to get to this year. Forest service graded roads. I would not take a “Caddy”, but any truck or SUV with decent ground clearance will make it just fine. Bring GPS if available! I will have downloads for the checkpoint people.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Names, email address, cell numbers, and shirt sizes would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Mike Johanson

Looks as though we have the following SDAR members going on one of the best dualsport organized rides near San Diego:

Strega BBQ

Crawdaddy BBQ

Larry BBQ

Forrest BBQ

Ken BBQ

Dano BBQ

Christi20 and gal pals (hope to be there)

FJRRider

Zoot BBQ

ShocknAwe (probably)

boat440 BBQ

V-Dog

deangelis

Crash_Man

johnnybags

DigDug

darylhunter (likely)

steelrain

Jim (and better half) BBQ

slagnado

RandyKTM530EXC BBQ

fajuga

hail

myself BBQ

You don't want to miss this ride.....

This year I am renting a house again.....there is a game room with a pool table, foosball, satellite tv's, BBQ on back patio, bar etc.

BYOB & M (not bring your own BM).....Bring Your Own Beer (or beverage) and Meat

Feel free to come on over after registration on Friday evening for an SDAR get together.......use the BBQ, drink, bench race, prove that you aren't a hustler when the bets come out during pool or foosball, look at other cycles, enjoy company......

Most likely same for Saturday night.......depending on how long the dinner, awards, raffle goes on. Last year, the awards and raffle prizes were waaaay too long!

PM me for the address.

Mike

BTW......Unfortunately, an injury has forced me to forego the plaque this year so I won't be chasing the plaque :dance3: Stupid shoulder :lol:

That's a lot of SDAR folks...have a great time, take lots of pics and talk smack about your buddies when you get back

That's a lot of SDAR folks...have a great time, take lots of pics and talk smack about your buddies when you get back

only will be talking smack about those of you that Aren't going :lol: