bikeslut

valentines day

I had set up Sea World tickets for a friend of mine- she was going to surprise her boyfriend...

I got a text this morning atop Shell Reef...thanks for the tickets, but we can't go...my bf is in county jail

That's pretty high on the sucky list.

Mine; riding OW in the morning, then came home and bought my wife a laptop case, and some crab, a loaf of sourdough, some smoked oysters, asparagus, shrimp cocktail, and drinks...and watched some lame romantic comedies...

Anybody have a great one or a terrible one they want to share?

Yeah,

Had to kill my dog. He bit my daughter on the face last night (not permanent damage, not too serious), but. I had that dog for 8 years. Got him from the pound when my wife was pregnant with our daughter. Obviously I had no choice, but it sucks no matter how you look at it. Damn dog slept on her bed every night and sat/layed at the front door from when she left until she came home from school.......no idea why he lost his mind, but it was a no-brainer to me. Hurt my daughter, die. Still, it sucks. Pretty much killed our Valentine's Day! I am bummed...as is my wife and daughter.

Pretty jacked up that a bro sent me a text, "Let's head to Ocotillo." and I had to tell him what I had going on.......talk about killing the mood for everyone!

Not a good one, wimmen problems. Nuff said.

I also went to ocotillo, didn't see you there bob...

Why'd you kill the dog? It's an animal, animals bite. Not cool.

Wil- there were tons of people out there today...not surprising we didn't see you.

Next time-

Also; about the dog thing...pets shouldn't bite... As he said; not too serious this time, but who knows what happens if there's a next time. My pug bit my kid once, but it's a pug...didn't even break the skin.

When my boxer growled at my kid, he found out real quick where he was in the pecking order...never happened again. What happens if his dog bites a neighbor next? Bummer-dirsruper...I feel your pain

Tom-arg- without knowing details, I can just say...christmas and valentines just aren't the same when there is tension like that; hope you work it out.

Kids are in bed, so I'm next-good night johnboy

But You don't kill the dog, you train it. Our last dog bit all of us at least twice, My mom and My dad both got stitches from him, but hey, it's an ANIMAL. They bite. It's a rottewiler, what're you gunna do. Just seems like a harsh over reaction, sounded like a great dog, just having a bad day...

Sorry, Just animal cruelty pisses me off, if you couldn't tell. I hit people who hit dogs :)

ANYWAYS

How many of you used those emergency off ramp flower "shops" today?

650Hucker,

I imagine until you're a parent and your family dog bites your daughter, you won't ever understand, nor will I.

I suggest no more comments about the dog, it doesn't belong here in the public forum. Thank you.

Il Fornaio, Coronado-

30min wait to check in with a reservation. 50 mins late being sat. Ran out of food. When I spoke to the manager, all he could do was blame his hospitalized cook. Offered 20% off one entree. When I said I was leaving, he responded by saying, "that's too bad, I was going to buy your dinner." Then, he kicked me out of the restaurant after I called him on his weak BS excuses.

On the flip side, the bartender there was awesome. We should have just ate at the bar.

They ran out of food....

What, Didn't expect people to come in and eat at a resturant??? :)

Very sorry about your dog.

So the plan was for my buddy (The chef) to come over and cook up some grub for the ladies. My buddies girlfriend pulls a last minute drama routine and winds up effing up my evening with my girl. After 2 hours of crap we finally sit for diner. Dead silence, nobody's talking, just eating. Good times!

All I have to say is if your woman is hungry, you better feed her!

Valentines Day- my wife and I ignore it. I rode about 350 miles Desert Hot Springs>Josuha Tree dirt!>Meccasomething trail dirt!>Hwy111 through Niland/Calipatria/Brawley>78 through Ocotillo>Banner Grade>Wynola>78>Old Julian>78>8>home.

Whew.

Ride report coming.

They ran out of food....

What, Didn't expect people to come in and eat at a resturant??? :)

I know right. Everybody there had a reservation; no walk ins. They knew how many people were coming. And it wasn't just specials items they ran out of, it was Cesar salad, and about 4 main regular menu entrees on a menu that isn't very expansive. It was a classic case piss poor management failing to prepare for the night.

Had to kill my dog. He bit my daughter on the face last night (not permanent damage, not too serious), but. I had that dog for 8 years. Got him from the pound when my wife was pregnant with our daughter. Obviously I had no choice, but it sucks no matter how you look at it. Damn dog slept on her bed every night and sat/layed at the front door from when she left until she came home from school.......no idea why he lost his mind, but it was a no-brainer to me. Hurt my daughter, die. Still, it sucks. Pretty much killed our Valentine's Day! I am bummed...as is my wife and daughter.

Don't know the details, but it reminded me of my childhood down in rural Louisiana. When I was 5 years old our family had a very large, un-fixed German Shepard. He was bigger than me by a good deal and because he was not castrated, he got in fights with other dogs and sometimes killed them (everybody's dogs ran loose in those days). He was a good family pet for the most part. But one day, I spied him sleeping on the lawn. he seemed to be having one of those doggy dreams where his feet were moving and he was softly barking and growling in his sleep. Being five years old, I thought it would be funny to tip toe over to him and jump on him and yell "boo". It was of course, a really BIG mistake. The startled dog lunged up and bit my face. Not too hard, and we were both ashamed; him for biting me and me for being so stupid. I told my parents that I ran into a tree branch rather than tell them that I scared the dog into biting me. I didn't want Sheppy to get into trouble, or look foolish myself. :)

Some random restaurant in January you might be able to blame your cook for running out of food...NOT on Valentine's Day!!!

One of my facilties also had reservations only service...I ordered extra of everything!! No way I was going to let a little bit extra food cost ruins somebodys evening. We sold the extra to the employees at cost, and gave some stuff away

and not a churn-and-burn like il Fornaio, either. Indra and I were there for dinner Friday night- took the ferry from downtown- and had a pleasant meal.

But to run out of Caesar salad? That's not the chef's fault. Ordering should have been done weeks earlier.

it reminded me of my childhood down in rural Louisiana.

[begin soft banjo music]

Didnt ride all weekend but serviced my Enduro for the Dash and loaded the Trlr.

3 couples and 2 cars enjoying the weather in our local mountains on Valentines Day.

Up Palomar, down the back and headed over to the Lake Henshaw cafe now called the" Round Up ". Had a great lunch and they dumped alot of money in the place. For those of you who dont know this place is just 2 miles down the street from the old Hideout and 2 beautiful sisters in their young 20s bought the place.

Then it was off to do Mesa Grande to Santa Ysabel down to Ramona and take Old Julian Hwy into Ramona then Highland Valley Road home.

Here is a couple of pics of the wife and myself hugging a corner in our 1970 lowered 2WD Blazer and my buddies long travel turbo V-8 California street plated :clapping: Licensed sand car, fenders quick release so sand tires fit. Added a photo of the buggy jumping at Glamis.

Photos courtesy of " Rick Clemson.com "

Very sorry about the dog, the restaurant catastrophies, the mishaps and all the drama....I feel everyones pain in all those... :crazy:

I Had a fantastic day....RIDING OF COURSE..(not much I'd rather be doing on valentines day or any other day for that matter...)

Will post a write up when I can download pics, etc....just home from a weekend up in D37....amazing weather, new trails, 90 miles of fun and adventure.. :P

Guess I could be missing some of the more romantic endeavors just spending the day with a friend, and don't get me wrong, we ladies do appreciate those things...but the few among us who enjoy our sport have other, broader gratitudes.....

Maybe Get those ladies out riding guys?....perhaps next year will be better...