baldbeemer

Bohn body armor

Hey all, I saw an ad for Bohn body armor in cycle world magazine. Their stuff looks good and I thought their prices were reasonable. Before I commit to anything I wanted to see of anyone has tried their products. Here's their site

The product I'm specifically looking at is the Dakar armored shirt. Z (mistress of the dual) likes the ugly shirt too, but she is a little different :unsure:

Thanks,

BB

Looking at their extreme armor shirt, it looks exactly like the old style Rockgardn flak jacket, so I don't know if they make their own stuff or not.

I wear this one...I particularly like that the back protector is removable, because that portion is bulky, but I love it...

the Bohns look great, and the prices are good too...

I like the alpinestars too. I tried on the bionic setup when I bought the EVS armor that cyclegear had on sale a while back, but didn't think it was worth twice the price. I liked the EVS armor when I got it, but now I'm thinking I shouldn't have rushed into the purchase.

I wear This One

How do you like that Thor setup Hoss?

For the price it is great! fully adjustable, the back piece oscillates with your moves, kidney belt included.

only downfall I noticed is the actual chest shield is kinda small for my liking........then again I have a long torso.

other bonus is that I can just throw it in the wash when it gets stinky

I wear the thor rig as well and it works. I actually wore mine out and i picked up the new acerbis set up and i think i like it better, its vented better and the back protection seems to be just a tad better. oh and the zipper is in the middle as well as opposed to the left side, just a comfort thing. check it out.

http://www.acerbistore.it/product.aspx?ID=...p;C=173&L=3

I like that the Koerta has the large roost deflector and collar bone protection.

I have been very happy with my 661 pressure suit also it has a slightly smaller chest plate but it does have the hard piece as well as foam some of the 661s only have a soft chest piece which is not enough imo.

They Bohn sure do look like the Rockgardn stuff

A fellow rider wants to sell me two sets of Bohn armor pants (BodyGuard system).

I hear folks raving about their tops: anyone care to comment on their bottom wear?

Pros or cons would be appreciated.

It would be the photos I've attached.post-14554-0-15803100-1430672801_thumb.jpost-14554-0-68585400-1430672809_thumb.j

I have Bohn armored shirt and the fitted undershorts with built in armor good stuff