paulmbowers

Saturday, January 30th N00bish Ride

Not sure why you have nomilk 4 me,

Duh! He doesn't have a Kaw. :):lol:

funny, but the reason for the name is that i am allergc to milk and that is all i can remember hearing when i was a kid. i loved the stuff and still drink it in defiance, though i still get itchy after.

i am looking foward to saturday!

My son got an invite to go watch the Parker Desert race this weekend , so that has canceled my plans for Plaster City. I am in for this Saturday. The rain has left the forecast.

Is it a SLOW, or INEXPERIENCED ride?

No matter. There are plenty more experienced riders who prefer to ride slower, and plenty less experienced who ride much faster. The ride will proceed commensurate with the wishes of the riders.

Alright, if it's expierenced riders, I'd like to take the side trail I did today, and explore some of the other side roads.

Opening shot of young long haired boy on a dual sport bike pulling up to an old guy sitting on a milk crate checking the spokes on a 650 Metisse.

Ting, ting, ting, plunk, screech, ting.

"Master Po, I thought that you were an expert rider, yet you always ride so slowly?"

"Ah Grasshopper... the novice shao-lin rider will often confuse speed with skill, but as you develop your say-foo skills you will realize that it is better to ride the difficult trail slowly than the easy trail fast. When the chain across the road can snatch the handlebars from your hands, it is time for you to go."

*Fade out to sun setting over horizon, cue theme song.

Awesome.

Just awesome. :unsure:

Opening shot of young long haired boy on a dual sport bike pulling up to an old guy sitting on a milk crate checking the spokes on a 650 Metisse.

Ting, ting, ting, plunk, screech, ting.

"Master Po, I thought that you were an expert rider, yet you always ride so slowly?"

"Ah Grasshopper... the novice shao-lin rider will often confuse speed with skill, but as you develop your say-foo skills you will realize that it is better to ride the difficult trail slowly than the easy trail fast. When the chain across the road can snatch the handlebars from your hands, it is time for you to go."

*Fade out to sun setting over horizon, cue theme song.

Awesome.

Just awesome. :unsure:

yeah... hardy har

:)

I haven't ridden my bike in a couple of weeks so I'm in. Really like the idea of connecting to Kern in CC, had no idea that could be done!

HEY! Who put this Roll Call here?? I decided this morning it was time to do this, and somebody, somewhere, somehow has already done it.

it's good to be a mod.... :)

Otay to 94 to Tecate. Border fence roads to the California Trail or some-such thing, on which you turn north and hooks up to Buckman Springs. Pavement to Morena Stokes Road.

I assume you can take border road for a while, if not all the way in to campo (you used to coulda)

Then buckman from there...there used to coulda been a trail from lake morena too, but I'm sure that is closed off

Bottom line: with an air-cooled 650, a plate and a permit, San Diego is your oyster

So- is anyone other than me meeting at my place? If not, I might leave early, so type now...

Did someone say "Noobish ride"?

I'm in.

I'll meet you at FakeName HQ at 0820.

Finally, a ride for us city folk.

wow, how's that for timing.

I can leave whenever you want, just let me know what time.

I'm in.

Excellent! Remember, socks, then kneeguards, then pants, then boots.

I'm in.

Excellent! Remember, socks, then kneeguards, then pants, then boots.

Got it!

but you should still have your camera ready just in case.

Interested in a Otay/Monument 250 ride?

Various points of entry- if you're near Mission Hills, we can meet at my house, if you're closer to Otay, we can meet there. Easy, late start- kickstands up at my house at 0830, with a stop for fuel on the way. Leave the Otay meeting spot by 930, tanks topped, ready to ride.

Tentative route is fairly simple- Over Otay, down Monument 250 (if we're allowed) around the mountain, and out onto 94, which we'll then slab back home.

Pace will be moderate to slow(er) depending on the comfort level of those attending, with plenty of chances for pics and chatting.

Possible lunch stop.

Here's the FakeName HQ meeting spot please note the alleyway, not the front. Nothing personal. If you truck here, please park on Kite Street and unload quietly. I have old neighbors.

Here's the Otay Meeting Spot, otherwise known as the temporary residence of Blind-in-one-Oil who attempted this ride once before with limited success.

This is an all-levels ride. If you're an experienced rider, might be the perfect time to roll out your dust-gathering vintage bike. I'd like to have a radio-equipped sweep rider, say- TrophyHunter?

As usual, I accept no responsibility for anything that might happen on this ride. We will get lost, we may get turned around by law enforcement, etc. Ride carefully at your own risk. See prospectus for details.

Roll Call

Fakename

Trophy

dsfox

nomilk4u

danrider

lucidmayhem

HEY! Who put this Roll Call here?? I decided this morning it was time to do this, and somebody, somewhere, somehow has already done it.

Is it safe to leave a vehicle at the Otay meeting spot? Or is it just best to meet at your place.

Also, if ur not familiar with it, it appears this will not be a "truck in" ride unless you want to truck to 94 & Jamacha (Rancho Theater/TGI Fridays lot) and ride from there. The 125 toll road is $4.50 each direction and the machines don't make change. Should just be the one way (south) as the ride will dump onto 94.

For all. Unless you want to make a complete loop, don't truck to the meeting spot. We won't be going back there (most likely).

Dan...either meet at Fakey's or my place. I'll PM you my address. dsfox will be here at 8:30 so we can leave from here. It's close enough to what is probably the end of this ride to make it work.

How long will the ride be? I think I'll be in, and I'll just peel off from the group if I have to leave early. Rode otay AGAIN today, conditions were pretty good. The entrance is muddy, so don't get discouraged by that, it's only the first 500 yards or so.