paulmbowers

Saturday, January 30th N00bish Ride

Interested in a Otay/Monument 250 ride?

Various points of entry- if you're near Mission Hills, we can meet at my house, if you're closer to Otay, we can meet there. Easy, late start- kickstands up at my house at 0830, with a stop for fuel on the way. Leave the Otay meeting spot by 930, tanks topped, ready to ride.

Tentative route is fairly simple- Over Otay, down Monument 250 (if we're allowed) around the mountain, and out onto 94, which we'll then slab back home.

Pace will be moderate to slow(er) depending on the comfort level of those attending, with plenty of chances for pics and chatting.

Possible lunch stop.

Here's the FakeName HQ meeting spot please note the alleyway, not the front. Nothing personal. If you truck here, please park on Kite Street and unload quietly. I have old neighbors.

Here's the Otay Meeting Spot, otherwise known as the temporary residence of Blind-in-one-Oil who attempted this ride once before with limited success.

This is an all-levels ride. If you're an experienced rider, might be the perfect time to roll out your dust-gathering vintage bike. I'd like to have a radio-equipped sweep rider, say- TrophyHunter?

As usual, I accept no responsibility for anything that might happen on this ride. We will get lost, we may get turned around by law enforcement, etc. Ride carefully at your own risk. See prospectus for details.

Roll Call

Fakename

Trophy

dsfox

nomilk4u

danrider

lucidmayhem

650Hucker

HEY! Who put this Roll Call here?? I decided this morning it was time to do this, and somebody, somewhere, somehow has already done it.

Currently trying to get my family to head to Superstition for our first (gack) outing this season.

If that doesn't happen, I'm in.

i unf. have little league evaluations...sunday i could do, this one i can not.

damn...ALTHOUGH if it's rained out(*the evals) then i can go...so it's possible..

Blind :unsure:...rains threw a wrench in the ointment.

P.S. i DO owe that mountain a whatfor!!

I'm a very strong probable yes....wanted to hit superstition, but forgot son has drivers ed...Being in Poway, would probably meet you at the otay spot at 9:30...been wanting to ride down there....I'll confirm before weeks end...thanks, d

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6307

Beez....it's hidden in this report. Wish I could figure out the "link" thing. Sorry folks.

Also, if ur not familiar with it, it appears this will not be a "truck in" ride unless you want to truck to 94 & Jamacha (Rancho Theater/TGI Fridays lot) and ride from there. The 125 toll road is $4.50 each direction and the machines don't make change. Should just be the one way (south) as the ride will dump onto 94.

Correct me if I'm wrong, FN.

Currently trying to get my family to head to Superstition for our first (gack) outing this season.

If that doesn't happen, I'm in.

Ditto.

I'm in. I think if I miss another ride, I may lose my mind. I don't know where I'll meet up with ya. .... I'll get back to you.

sounds like a good dual-sport opportunity - some of those trails get tougher off the main road - i barely got my Xterra up a long steep and rocky trail - it got worse too so we turned around - awesome trails, great views, close to home and a casual description - nice

A little update: Rain is in the forecast, and as this is a n00bish ride, rainfall on the day, or even a day or so before will create muddy conditions that will postpone the ride.

Watch this space for more breaking news, as well as a possible change of meeting spot- thanks Trophy!

I may be in. I really need to ride my pedal power bike some...but if my friends bail on me or sleep in, I'll come out.

i am new here and would like you join you if i can. one question though, are 50/50 tires ok?

I rode otay with street tires and was sliding everywhere, but kept up fine. What tires do you have? You should be fine...I ran 80/20s my first 3 times at otay

i am new here and would like you join you if i can. one question though, are 50/50 tires ok?

I rode otay with street tires and was sliding everywhere, but kept up fine. What tires do you have? You should be fine...I ran 80/20s my first 3 times at otay

Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara's on by this thursday, but will leave the Dunlop D606's on if needed.

Those should be ok. Not as good as 606's though. Otay is gravel over hardpack, and the side trails are rocky...Should be fine though.

Saharas should be fine- we won't be taking interesting side trails, just easy-peasy stuff.

If it's not raining or too muddy.

I don't see any rain in the forecast...Let me know if you need someone to check out the conditions, otay is really close to me, I can ride out there and check it out.

I'm riding 50/50's on the DR. Should be fine. If I fall, I fall. Again. <_<

Not sure why you have nomilk 4 me, but glad ur joining the group.

I may be able to make it, but I will need to get permission from the better half. It looks like a 2-hour drive from my neck in the woods.

Will this be an all day ride or half a day ride? I've never been to Otay, but i would like to ride with you guys again!

John

I may be able to make it, but I will need to get permission from the better half. It looks like a 2-hour drive from my neck in the woods.

Will this be an all day ride or half a day ride? I've never been to Otay, but i would like to ride with you guys again!

John

I will be closer to a half-day, but if you'll ride with us, we'll go slower- enough to cross the 2/3 day threshold!

Truth is, we can see how it goes. If everybody wants, we can stretch it out more. If we want to get carried away, we could route out to Corral Canyon, over Kernan to Pine Valley. But it depends on the group.

I'm up for anything. If it turns into a sleep next to your bike ride, ... All the better. <_< What time? Where? ...?????

If it's not raining or too muddy.

What's with all the anti-mud sentiment? I laced up my new 2 stroke forks with seal savers and will do the same on the 4 stroke at the next front tire change.

Can the cameras on the 125 toll road take pictures of muddy motorcycle license plates? <_<

<sigh>

this is a n00bish ride, rainfall on the day or even a day or so before will create muddy conditions that will postpone the ride.