Sign in to follow this  
VTRally

Newb introduction from the other coast

Hi all. Found your group by way of Crawdaddy from advrider.

I'm from Vermont and wish we had the kind of riding you guys have!

I have ridden on and off for most of my 35 years but really got serious with it again about a year ago.

Rode half of the CDT last fall and working on a cross country for this summer.

I ride a KTM 640 Adv and prefer adventure type riding over gnarly single track. That said I do like to challenge myself when I ride and try to ride a variety of terrain.

Thanks for letting me join you group. I'll be asking for route help in the next couple days for the cross country ride.

Clint

Well, welcome to the board. Maybe we'll see you out here some day. ;)

I'll be asking for route help in the next couple days for the cross country ride.

No sweat, ask away...hopefully we can help....

Welcome! Hosting available if needed on your ride. Not that knowledgable about routes like C-Daddy and others, but able to "support" an effort.

I'll enjoy watching the planning........

Hi all. Found your group by way of Crawdaddy from advrider.

I'm from Vermont and wish we had the kind of riding you guys have!

Clint

Clint, what kinda riding do you wish you had. I have a friend that lives in Sandgate, I have been there a couple times and have rode the forest area. I rode around Mt. Equinox in Oct, I was blown away. I know maybe your just looking for something a little different.

Hey, if your near Sandgate go check out the Hodaka Museum. Here is a photo from my ride there.

DSCN4178.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome and offers of help.

My comment about the riding out here: In New England there is some great riding. A lot of mud and rucks. Skidder tracks that have ruts 2 feet deep and lots of slippery ledge. What I like about CA and west coast area all the way to Colorado is the canyons and mountains. It's such a variety of terrain and the scenery is breath taking. I suppose if I lived in CA I'd want to ride New England type stuff.

DSCN7111.jpg

Crawdaddy, I guess we gotta ride to New England now :good: TAT in reverse?

Hi Clint. I'm from Westford, MA...worked in southern NH for years..surveying those forests....Been in San Diego 20+ years now...

DON'T miss New England but those colorful pics are awesome..make me miss the 1 month of nice weather you get in the fall (just kidding :lol: )..I will be In New England in June...won't have a bike, but if you have one, maybe you can take me on a ride?...If not, maybe meet you when you arrive in So Cal....Deb

Clint, I was raised here in SoCal so when I had the chance to ride in those woods, I could not believe the beauty.

Here is a shot from my buddys front yard as we gas up. He lives on 300 acres in the house that his grand dad built.

DSCN3482.jpg

Just a trail

DSCN3488.jpg

Have you ever seen this on your rides.

DSCN4139.jpg

I told my friend about you, if your every near Sandgate he said stop by. He runs Strictly Hodaka from his place.

www.Strictlyhodaka.com

Hi Clint. I'm from Westford, MA...worked in southern NH for years..surveying those forests....Been in San Diego 20+ years now...

DON'T miss New England but those colorful pics are awesome..make me miss the 1 month of nice weather you get in the fall (just kidding :lol: )..I will be In New England in June...won't have a bike, but if you have one, maybe you can take me on a ride?...If not, maybe meet you when you arrive in So Cal....Deb

Deb, you're welcome anytime. Scaring up a bike shouldn't be a problem. Might even be a KLX250S!

I spent the first ten years of my life in Hudson, NH.

Clint, I was raised here in SoCal so when I had the chance to ride in those woods, I could not believe the beauty.

Have you ever seen this on your rides.

DSCN4139.jpg

I told my friend about you, if your every near Sandgate he said stop by. He runs Strictly Hodaka from his place.

www.Strictlyhodaka.com

I'll definitely get down there when the snow goes.

My first bike was an Ossa 250 and I like those old mankillers.

Rode a Bultaco Pursang 360 when I was about 13 and decided then and there bikes were for me.

I didn't know there was a Hodaka place in the state. We have 1 KTM dealer in the whole state!