Sign in to follow this  
Jaynen

Be safe out there

Saw 2 fender benders on the way to work this morning fortunately no MC's. Past two days on my way home the traffic report has talked about MC accidents with riders down and right now on sigalert there is a possible fatality (which usually means it is) MC accident on the 5 south at Lomas Sante Fe (right on my work commute).

* 1 /4 Mi Just North of / Solo Mc Down on Right Shoulder 8:29 PM

* Message/Item Delivered North Comm Fire Department 8:30 PM

* Mc Pieces in Slow Lanes 8:31 PM

* Rider Laying on Right Shoulder 8:31 PM

* Message/Item Delivered Ncomm to Expedite, They Are En Route Code 3 8:34 PM

* Sig Alert Issued 8:35 PM

* 7 C; Have 92-5 C Shut Down 4 Lane 8:35 PM

* Broadcast CO Call Sigalert Issued 8:36 PM

* CHP Unit on Scene 8:48 PM

* 7 C; Start Evidence Tow 8:54 PM

* Message/Item Delivered Rdo for Evidence 8:55 PM

* Inquire Eto of #4 Lane Opening Pls? 9:17 PM

* Thomas Guide Map Coordinates: Page 1167, Grid 7G

People in general can't seem to handle the fact its dark on the way home from work, ATTGATT people and be careful.

Two weeks into the clock change... and I still saw two cars a half hour after dark with no headlights on last night. Hopefully they will catch on by Thanksgiving... :rolleyes:

Yeah, my commutes home have not been very nice since the time change. People seem to drive a lot worse. I almost want to take my truck until things settle down. Almost.

An A-hole purposely tried to hit me last night while I was lane splitting on the 5 south just before Genessee. He looked back over his shoulder, waited until I was almost to him and then suddenly changed lanes. I saw his head turn so I knew he was coming and hit the brakes or he would have hit me. I hit my brights and the horn and he flipped me off. As I came along side he and his passenger were both laughing their asses off. Nice.

If you see him you'll know it's him. Maroon Honda Accord. Mexican plates. Missing the passenger mirrror.

I came along side he and his passenger were both laughing their asses off. Nice.

If you see him you'll know it's him. Maroon Honda Accord. Mexican plates. Missing the passenger mirrror.

Normally I don't condone this type of..... like you would believe that :angry: . :rolleyes: Way to be alert, glad you saw it coming.

No wonder that he's missing a mirror. Some motorcyclist probably sheared it off. :rolleyes:

Yeah, my commutes home have not been very nice since the time change. People seem to drive a lot worse. I almost want to take my truck until things settle down. Almost.

An A-hole purposely tried to hit me last night while I was lane splitting on the 5 south just before Genessee. He looked back over his shoulder, waited until I was almost to him and then suddenly changed lanes. I saw his head turn so I knew he was coming and hit the brakes or he would have hit me. I hit my brights and the horn and he flipped me off. As I came along side he and his passenger were both laughing their asses off. Nice.

WTF is wrong with people... I saw the same thing from a full size truck whilst splitting the other day... guy in front of my on an older BMW, I was 5 bike lengths bake... a whole tries the "fake-out" change lanes... I, saw it coming, but the first guy panic braked, and almost went down...

When I went by, he tried the same thing with me, I just re-arranged his mirror, since it obviously was a hindrance to his driving... I almost told him who was number one... NOT normally my MO for this type of thing, but the first guy could have been injured. In retrospect; calling in his plate might've been a good idea...

I HAVE started wearing over the ankle boots while riding; mostly to save my dress shoes... still amazed at the number of people that I see in shorts, and T shirts... road rash sucks; somebody should tell them

WTF is wrong with people... I saw the same thing from a full size truck whilst splitting the other day...

Most of the guys that act like this don't ride motos.

Very soon after I started riding street (years ago) I became very sensitive to other riders when I drive an auto.

When I'm in my auto I can never keep up with a moto, why not let them go by?

When I pull over or change lanes to let a moto rider go by everyone is happy and I get a big wave and a smile.

Here's my collection of riding tips, etc.:http://www.winterwren.com/Driving/Motorcycles.html

Just read Hough's "Proficient Motorcycling" twice. I'm too old to get hurt. I always follow 3 seconds behind vehicles and keep a safety zone around me all the time. Eyes moving and nothing to distract me when on the bike. Saw a fresh rear end yesterday at one of Escondido's schools. Those drivers dropping off kids are crazy.

I like this cool weather too, more comfortable ATGATT.

Phill

Saw a fresh rear end yesterday at one of Escondido's schools.

Please tell me you're not a volunteer. :)

Saw a fresh rear end yesterday at one of Escondido's schools.

Please tell me you're not a volunteer. :)

:rolleyes::oB):):P:lol:

Normally I don't condone this type of..... like you would believe that . Way to be alert, glad you saw it coming.

No wonder that he's missing a mirror. Some motorcyclist probably sheared it off. :)

Just to be clear, I did not remove his mirror. It was already gone. To also be clear, had it been still attached to the car I probably would have removed it.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for him although I'm hoping, due to the Mexican plates, that I won't be seeing him again.

the stebel horn kit is your friend

TRUST me that thing will flat out blast, i have one on my KLRs

I've heard of the Stebel Horns, never seen one or used on on a bike though. I have been itching to ride lately especially when traffic sucks and I am stuck in the car but I don't know if its worth the risk in the evenings lately.

splitting lanes last night 163 south...guy slowed, moved into my way...and when i tried to squeeze thru, he proceeded to lean back, and follow me with his middle finger...i mean i KNOW i am #1...but to go out of his way, to show me....made me realize he is a TRUE fan. B)

just amazing he would go out of his way to stop my progress...it's not like me passing him made one iota of difference to his travel time...but oh well

thought about kicking his mirror off, but not my style...his bumper even rubbed my boots as i went out the front into traffic... :):rolleyes:

white nissan 4 door...douche bag driver.

/rant off/

Blind :)...felt sorta violated by such fandomonium.

I had a friend who swore by wearing his openly holstered service pistol while riding his motorcycle, along with his nice bright vest it made very sure people saw him or so he claimed. Not that he ever used it or pulled it out but when people started to mess with him and then he points out the holstered .45 they tended to change their attitude.

OK WHAT THE HELL???!!!

On the way home a few minutes ago another kid in a car with Mexico plates tried to squeeze me when I was going past!!! This guy actually moved forward to really try to squeeze me into a truck!!!

I don't know if it was just coincidence, but I am going to really pay attention when passing cars with Mexico plates.

Oh, I have a Stebel horn on my bike. Very nice to have. Doesn't do much to people who are trying to hit you, but it sure works on SUV mom's on their cell phones. :)

On the way home a few minutes ago another kid in a car with Mexico plates tried to squeeze me when I was going past!!! This guy actually moved forward to really try to squeeze me into a truck!!!

I don't know if it was just coincidence, but I am going to really pay attention when passing cars with Mexico plates.

Well, be sure to get the mirror off of the next one that tries anything. :)

Well, be sure to get the mirror off of the next one that tries anything. :)

Roger that Mimi! :rolleyes:

This time I was too involved in not getting hit to go for the mirror.