This is a duplicate post from my reply to bikeslut's thread...

We'll be heading to "The Dip" on Friday morning. It's located on the West side of Huff Road, about a half mile North of the Wheeler Road (Superstition) turn-off. This spot is usually less crowded and avoids all the bumps and dust of dirt road to the South side of the mountain...

We're planning a ride from there to O.Wells and the Blu Inn to connect with Rad on Saturday. All are welcome to camp or just ride with us of course. Send me a PM or an email to rob@division8inc.com and let me know if you can make it. Otherwise, look for the "Division 8 Racing" rig flying Old Glory and the KTM colors!

WARNING! There will be off road car races on Saturday and Sunday staging at Plaster City West. See this website for more info http://www.mdrracing.com/superstition/index.html

Hmmm, may be a good idea to avoid the areas associated with the race like the plague.

:ph34r:

I'll be there on Friday morning also in a Winnebego superchief '31 M/H (tan and brown) with a 525 exc KTM #113 and a 125 Husky (for Sale). :rolleyes: Being at the Dip we probablly are a ways from the course. Also the ride to the Blu Inn should be away from the course as well. :D But we are close enough to find a veiwing point if anyone wants to check out the race on Sunday.

Hmmm, may be a good idea to avoid the areas associated with the race like the plague.

:ph34r:

I'll be there on Friday morning also in a Winnebego superchief '31 M/H (tan and brown) with a 525 exc KTM #113 and a 125 Husky (for Sale). :rolleyes: Being at the Dip we probablly are a ways from the course. Also the ride to the Blu Inn should be away from the course as well. :D But we are close enough to find a veiwing point if anyone wants to check out the race on Sunday.

I didn't know you hung out here Tree. We're heading to the supes for the weekend too, mind if we circle the wagons with your group?

I didn't know you hung out here Tree. We're heading to the supes for the weekend too, mind if we circle the wagons with your group?

The Trees and us will be camping together at The Dip, the more the merrier.

Here's a link for directions to the area for anyone who is not familiar. "The Dip" is just past the Wheeler Road turn-off on the North side of the hills before the curve in the road.

Happy Trails!

http://www.sd4wheel.com/Superstition/SuperMap.htm

Hey Tom, Yeah I hang out on all the sites. :rolleyes: We'd be happy to have you and your family camp with us. You're always welcome to join us. What time do you plan to head down?

Just to clarify Rob's Map link the GPS corordinates is not where we'll be so don't follow the yellow line down wheeler. Just go past wheeler about 1/2 mi. on the left.

If anyone plans to camp if you can get firewood please bring it it will be a long time around the fire to stay up to for new years. :ph34r:

Hey Tom, Yeah I hang out on all the sites. :rolleyes: We'd be happy to have you and your family camp with us. You're always welcome to join us. What time do you plan to head down?

Just to clarify Rob's Map link the GPS corordinates is not where we'll be so don't follow the yellow line down wheeler. Just go past wheeler about 1/2 mi. on the left.

If anyone plans to camp if you can get firewood please bring it it will be a long time around the fire to stay up to for new years. :ph34r:

I've got firewood and a few Christmas trees to light up the night. My daughter got a new bike for Christmas (03 CRF230, dual sported) so she will be trying that out. I think we will be going out Friday, either get there before lunch or after dinner depending on if I have to work or not.

OK, my 640 is running, started right up with a new battery after sitting for months. Had to do a few maintenance things, now she's ready to go.

So, here's the plan. I'm camping (I think Numbskull will also be with me) at Agua Caliente County Park on Hwy. S2 in the desert north of Ocotillo exit off I-8. Will leave the campsite Saturday morning about 8:00am the latest, ride some canyons and dirt down to Ocotillo. Then dirt to Superstition to find Rob (Ride Orange) and his crew.

Anyone who wants to meet to ride with me in the morning, can either meet at Agua Caliente group campsite at 8:00am the lastest, on S-2, or meet at the gas station/store on north side of I-8 in Ocotillo at about 9:00-9:30am. We need an hour to explore trails to get to Rob's at Superstition.

Hope to see some of you.

My cell is 619-818-8746. Can't guarantee reception where I'm camping, but should have reception at Ocotillo and Superstition.

OK, my 640 is running, started right up with a new battery after sitting for months. Had to do a few maintenance things, now she's ready to go.

So, here's the plan. I'm camping (I think Numbskull will also be with me) at Agua Caliente County Park on Hwy. S2 in the desert north of Ocotillo exit off I-8. Will leave the campsite Saturday morning about 8:00am the latest, ride some canyons and dirt down to Ocotillo. Then dirt to Superstition to find Rob (Ride Orange) and his crew.

Anyone who wants to meet to ride with me in the morning, can either meet at Agua Caliente group campsite at 8:00am the lastest, on S-2, or meet at the gas station/store on north side of I-8 in Ocotillo at about 9:00-9:30am. We need an hour to explore trails to get to Rob's at Superstition.

Hope to see some of you.

My cell is 619-818-8746. Can't guarantee reception where I'm camping, but should have reception at Ocotillo and Superstition.

I will be riding from Campo and ariving at Ocotillo at 9-930(north gas station not the usual south) to meet up with Randy. Anyone want to join me?

I will be riding from Campo and ariving at Ocotillo at 9-930(north gas station not the usual south) to meet up with Randy. Anyone want to join me?

Last time at the Gas Station on the North side of I8, they had no fuel. May need to plan accordingly....

Wish I could be there with yas. I'm working New Year's Eve. :D

You guys all have fun!

Spyder

Change of plans for me. I took the bike for a test ride last night and it was running like crap. I had to take the carb off to clean it. Didn't get it back together last night, so I'll be out there later today, but will miss the ride with Ride Orange and his crew.

I'll be riding on Sunday and possibly Monday.