Bagstr

MotoWorld Service

Just a note reporting good service so far out at MotoWorld.

The '09 690 has had a few minor issues that required KTM Warranty Work.

Leaking gas cap flange and warped air box, both being replaced by KTM with

the help of Tim (mechanic) and James ( Service Writer).

Life can't be too good for these shops in this economy, but I am receiving

hassle free service. I guess the valve check will need to be done there as a thanx.

Fuel Tank Follow-Up

MotoWorld found that the gas cap flange was not the reason for the leak. The one of the three mounting nuts embedded In the Tank, has spun loose. Last week Tim, the mechanic, got authorization from KTM to replace the $1500 fuel tank. The only hitch was a delivery date of Dec. 15!! Theoretically, James the service writer has followed up with KTM, but no change in dates as of yesterday,

Enough of that. Called Amherst, Ohio today and spoke with Brian. "I'll check into it". Fifteen minutes later he calls back and wants to know what is wrong with the tank. After explaining leaking gas on Catalytic Converter, OK we will Air Freight the part in from Austria. You will have it next week. Now that is more like the service I expected last week.

Negatives; The dealer was content to wait six weeks

Positives; KTM USA, stepped up to the obvious solution.

All this because the guy or gal on the assembly line over torqued the nut embedded in the tank.

474281113_WVgy7-M.jpg

The manufacturer is obviously more concerned about making sure you to buy more KTM products in the future than the service department at the dealership is.

Sadly, customer service often stops at most places after the bike rolls off the floor.

The manufacturer is obviously more concerned about making sure you to buy more KTM products in the future than the service department at the dealership is.

I suspect it has more to do with avoiding the fiery immolation of a KTM customer and subsequent recall of the offending models.

But I'm a cynic.

In today’s world, there is a ever increasing amount of individuals working in our industry who are only there to collect a paycheck. Not only that , but many of them do not even own a motorcycle. My personal opinion is that had you pushed to have the tank expedited from Austria the service manager could have made it happen. But when dealing with people that are NOT TRUE ENTHUSIASTS you will continue to receive less than stellar service. I hope this trend does not continue, it could lead to a major issue with brand loyalty and repeat buyers. :rolleyes: I am always sad to hear when a customer has to go above the dealer to solve a problem. I hope the situation works out in your favor, and you get back out on the trail ASAP.

Good luck.

:angry:

BC

AAKTM

A bit of advice for future reference...

This has worked for me with cars and motorcycles. When you are taking your car, truck, or bike to the dealership you bought it from for service and you don't like the answer you get from the service advisor/manager, go talk to your salesman or the sales manager. Sales departments work off customer satisfaction for repeat business and will strive to ensure you are satisfied. Service departments usually have more work than they can handle and don't care about your satisfaction as much as task completion. Try it sometime, whenever I take a car or bike in I make it a point to find my salesman and chat a bit. More than once I've had a salesman walk over to service with me or call a service advisor or sales manager call the service manager to see to it that my needs are taken care of in an appropriate manner to ensure my repeat business.

It takes a few more minutes at the dealership but I've always left feeling like I got what I wanted and will go back the next time.

A bit of advice for future reference...

This has worked for me with cars and motorcycles. When you are taking your car, truck, or bike to the dealership you bought it from for service and you don't like the answer you get from the service advisor/manager, go talk to your salesman or the sales manager. Sales departments work off customer satisfaction for repeat business and will strive to ensure you are satisfied. Service departments usually have more work than they can handle and don't care about your satisfaction as much as task completion. Try it sometime, whenever I take a car or bike in I make it a point to find my salesman and chat a bit. More than once I've had a salesman walk over to service with me or call a service advisor or sales manager call the service manager to see to it that my needs are taken care of in an appropriate manner to ensure my repeat business.

It takes a few more minutes at the dealership but I've always left feeling like I got what I wanted and will go back the next time.

DITTO on that, Chris at ECC whom sold me my KLR has always made it a point to walk over and say "Hey, what can i do for you and the bike" Plus he always remembers to say hi to my father who at 87 years old loves that.

Hes a track racer so he understands and has guided me along this rode called motocycle

Just a positive note for Brent / BC330. I've been digging into my clutch and had some questions before laying out $$$ for parts. When the parts counter wasn't familiar with the Rekluse set up, Brent jumped on the phone with me, went to the Rekluse sight and we worked it out....quickly.

Transferred back to parts for the order....with SDAR Member discount....

Thx Brent!