Strega

Friend looking for a bike

My friend Jenny is looking for a bike, and I've been telling her a Dual Sport is the ONLY way to go. She's new to riding, but been around bikes for a long time. I think a CRF230L or a WRR250 would be good for her so I just wanna see if you'll all keep your eyes out for anything in that range that's for sale.

Thanks for the assistance, as I can't be looking at Craig's List all the time, hehe.

My friend Jenny is looking for a bike, and I've been telling her a Dual Sport is the ONLY way to go. She's new to riding, but been around bikes for a long time. I think a CRF230L or a WRR250 would be good for her so I just wanna see if you'll all keep your eyes out for anything in that range that's for sale.

Thanks for the assistance, as I can't be looking at Craig's List all the time, hehe.

She oughta snag a 230L or TTR - low and cheap.........

The WR250R has too high of a seat, it's too expensive, and it's more bike in terms of suspension, etc. than she needs for her mission....no sense throwing money away.......unless you're looking for her to get a bike so YOU can ride it....then I'd strongly suggest a WR250R :party: :clapping:

I think the weight on the WR250R might be a little much too. It has 1" or so of stock adjustment, you can get a 1.5" yamalink, and probably take another inch out of the seat foam but still looking at 32+ seat height

Let me add my 1 1/2 cents

DR200 (as mentioned)

KLR250

XT 225

TW200

Air cooled is perfect, and seat height is mega-important for newbs...those bikes should all be found for cheap

Please post pictures of Jenny to provide greatest insight into her motorcycle needs.

And I have a TW available for borrowing.

Sorry about the thread creep here, but...

Jenny? She isn't the one you went skydiving with was she? This isn't the Jenny from North County is it??? :lol: I thought you broke up with her...

Back to the thread...

yeah.. what they all said about the bikes...

Jenny is the girl I dated previously yes. She's looking for a bike and I said I would help.

Bob, I'm not sure if you've met Jenny, she was at Truckhaven with me when I met Ken, Tracy, Paul, etc. This was some time ago.

Doug, I went skydiving with my friend Andrea from high school, not Jenny.

And Jenn says, on facebook:

Jenn **** Hmmm.... Grand Canyon, Vegas, Tahoe, Mammoth... ok you OWE me a trip...

I've been there, I know.

What, no pics?

Jenn **** Hmmm.... Grand Canyon, Vegas, Tahoe, Mammoth... ok you OWE me a trip...

I've been there, I know.

What, no pics?

That's Jenn, not Jenny. Different people.

I've been there, I know.

What, no pics?

Strega's Love Life

"As The World Turns"

Is there a thread devoted to Roger's love life? I remember him actually starting one about a year ago. Can anyone dig it up? Maybe we can help him out. I am still waiting for an invite to see her father's motorcycle collection. It was supposed to be pretty impressive. :lol:

Strega's Love Life

"As The World Turns"

Is there a thread devoted to Roger's love life? I remember him actually starting one about a year ago. Can anyone dig it up? Maybe we can help him out. I am still waiting for an invite to see her father's motorcycle collection. It was supposed to be pretty impressive. :lol:

Both Jenny and her father's collection of cars n motorbikes was impressive.

The love life post would have to be in the members section, cuz as it stands, anyone can read this, as I'm sure Jenny is.

Strega's Love Life

"As The World Turns"

Is there a thread devoted to Roger's love life? I remember him actually starting one about a year ago. Can anyone dig it up? Maybe we can help him out. I am still waiting for an invite to see her father's motorcycle collection. It was supposed to be pretty impressive. B)

Both Jenny and her father's collection of cars n motorbikes was impressive.

The love life post would have to be in the members section, cuz as it stands, anyone can read this, as I'm sure Jenny is.

OK Roger-I got it. I am an old married guy and unaware of the subtleties of modern technology. My apologies.

OK Roger-I got it. I am an old married guy and unaware of the subtleties of modern technology. My apologies.

No need to apologize at all, it's nice to know you're lookin out for me B)

No need to apologize at all, it's nice to know you're lookin out for me B)

Tish thought you were worthy of an invite to our place in Page-that should tell you something. She is very discriminating. :)

Tish thought you were worthy of an invite to our place in Page-that should tell you something. She is very discriminating. B)

Well you're a lucky man to have found such a sweet lady and also one that is a FANTASTIC cook!!

Tish thought you were worthy of an invite to our place in Page-that should tell you something. She is very discriminating. B)

Well you're a lucky man to have found such a sweet lady and also one that is a FANTASTIC cook!!

Oh, thank you.

Wait.

You meant Mrs Zenosan.

nevermind.

Tish thought you were worthy of an invite to our place in Page-that should tell you something. She is very discriminating. :)

Oh, thank you.

Wait.

You meant Mrs Zenosan.

nevermind.

I am sure you are a great cook too Paul-but dining with you just wouldn't be the same as dining with my sweetie. B)

Hijack finished.

Now back to Rogers lovelife-uh friend's bike.

Measure the inseam. :) Touching the ground with the feet is a big deal with short ladies. Tish has tried many bikes over the years and that and kick starting was always her main concern. I suspect most ladies are button types.