I have a need for some night time fun, thought it would be cool to start at the PV exit and do a large loop on and off road. Must have a plate for this one. Most of the ride will be fire roads, but I do want to throw in some other trails, some of which may be a bit tough, not extreem though. We will start on dirt and end on tarmac. Maybe 50-60miles, don't know exactly. Oh yah the date..... how about Thursday Sept 3rd. Looking forward to see you there.

Brent

I will ask the boss...sounds like a good plan

What "hard" stuff are you talking about? I have mediocre night vision and it still surpasses my riding skill. I've ridden very little singletrack at night...trails 5 and 9 I would not be comfortable with at night, just for a reference point.

I still need to do a good ride on the DRZ before Az

It might be an interesting ride. The weather might get a little dicey by Thursday with that hurricane off of Baja moving up. Maybe it'll be cool and damp for the ride. :unsure:

I am hopefull that the gods decide to water my trails, so be prepared to wear rain gear... ya right! its SO CAL, only dust, rocks, and rocks, and dust! :unsure:

I think I would like to do thingvalley, and finish up with pinecreek rd?? not sure really, I am up for suggestions if you have any. I am trying to make it a shake down trip as well so I do not want to get to crazy. Mostly roads.

bc

If I had a watch, I know it was nighttime. And nighttime ain't no time to be in thishere neighborhood.

Not sure of exact departure, but if I was a bettin man.......maybe not later than eight-o-one, orsoish ,if we keep the pace up a bit we can do a big loop in two to three hours. Or thats what I am thinking.

see ya there

bc

Not sure of exact departure, but if I was a bettin man.......maybe not later than eight-o-one, orsoish ,if we keep the pace up a bit we can do a big loop in two to three hours. Or thats what I am thinking.

Wow, when you said "night ride" you really meant NIGHT ride without any afternoon or early evening mixed in. :lol:

Wish I could do this, but it's just too far for me. I am usually asleep by 9:30 also. Have fun! I'll be up for some Ocotillo Wells night rides when it cools a little more. I need to get a new light too.

its SO CAL, only dust, rocks, and rocks, and dust! :lol:

I dunno, Brent. It was raining a bit this morning up by Palomar mountain, so you just never know what might happen. :lol:

How often do you get the chance to ride in inclemit conditions in our own back yard?? I could not be more excited about rain, mud, hail, whatever... perhaps some of you remember the first ride I put together? :lol:

Yah sorry for the late start, but I gotta make some gas money.

bc

I might be in, gotta work on friday, but I never done a night time ride and want to check it out. Beside this will give some motivation to get my newly acquired and wrecked into trailer into working condition. I might be there, don't know yet.

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN...... :dance3: :lol: I am doing the rain dance, who knows maybe it will work?

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN...... :dance3: :lol: I am doing the rain dance, who knows maybe it will work?

Maybe you'll have better luck than I do when I do mine. I remember that freak rain storm we had in August of 08. I was riding in McCain Valley in pouring rain and temp was about 70. It was the greatest! :)

I had another night ride some friends and I did on xr100's at McCains, we had to hunker down at the big rock at the north end. It rained so hard, the trails were bairly passable by the time the rain let up enough to get back to the trucks. AHHHH Those where the days

This from Twitter: CNF responding to a fire in the Corte Madera area (south of Pine Valley, CA). High lightning activity in the area.

OK....I got it , NO lightning rods for allowed on our ride! :lol: Also no kites, strings, or keys!

How often do you get the chance to ride in inclemit conditions in our own back yard?? I could not be more excited about rain, mud, hail, whatever... perhaps some of you remember the first ride I put together? ;)

A mediocre ride can elevate to epic status when "inclement conditions" occur.

Dig Dug, Mickey, xxxinsd, his wife, and Papa Alex and I got stuck in an epic sand storm in Ocotillo Wells last year. In loving and living memory of Crawdaddy's ability to search old ride write-ups, here it is:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...cknawe+ocotillo. Anyway, I am doing a rain dance as I hijack off. :unsure:

So I just confirmed, I can close up a bit early . So I should be in PV by 7:15 or so, ready to ride by 8:00ish, or sooner?

I am planning to do a few trails and fireroads, along with a certin trail that may give a few people a challange. Nothing to fret over just at night everything is different, so if you are planning on tagging along don't bring your 400lb street bike and expect to get through easy. But with that said please dont feel like you cannot join us.. I am sure we can set up alternate routes.

See you all there

BC