Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Can't help myself. Another bike

Just sent the cash for another bike. I have just always wanted one and found the DS model.

Baja100.jpg

For some of you that may have never seen one of these, its a Harley Davidson Baja 100

I will be listing here first a Hodaka for sell, I have a couple street legal models, and racers I will put up for sell.

Kelly

Nice!

If you ever come across a 1969 Bultaco 100 Sherpa S, please let me know. By boyfriend would like one. It is what he used to race at Carlsbad when he was a kid.

LUCKY! That is a really cool DS. When I get the DT125 completed we will have to ride to the coffee shop and sip a Late while we reflect on how cool we are for ridding vintage dualsports :o:lol:

Nice bike Kelly, can't wait to see it in person.

Brent

You shouldn't have any problems since it is older than 1978. For 1978 and newer, if it is from out of state and it doesn't have at least 7500 miles on it, it might not happen. I have a 1978 Yamaha XS650 that had 193 miles on it and was not a CA bike. (1978 was the 1st year a CA emissions sticker was required). CARB was great and got me a waiver and after 7 months with the DMV, I finally got it titled and registered. Good luck and if I can help, let me know.

BTW, that almost looks like the HD Rapido, but I think it was a 125cc.

Aaaah yes, The spaghetti 2 strokes Harley brought in from Spain. I have a 1976 Penthouse that I have kept over the years just cuz it has a add with 2 of those Dual sports in the picture.

Just sent the cash for another bike. I have just always wanted one and found the DS model.

Baja100.jpg

For some of you that may have never seen one of these, its a Harley Davidson Baja 100

I will be listing here first a Hodaka for sell, I have a couple street legal models, and racers I will put up for sell.

Kelly

Kelly-you make me look good to my wife. She thinks I suffer from TMS. (Too much sh*t)

Thanks for being weaker than I am.

Since I started out as a teenager as a mechanic I just love the machinery of the old bikes and boats. I worked in a small engine and outboard repair shop as a teenager before I went to college and really enjoyed it. Rebuilding this stuff has been one of my hobbies all my life. This seems to be what I am headed for in my retirement. I actually drove hydroplanes on the Mississippi River in St Louis in the 60's before I moved to Ca in 1974. That is when I got started with my brother into desert racing and Huskys and gave up racing boats. But what I really enjoy is the machines themselves. I appreciate quality engineering and workmanship. It doesn't always occur in modern equipment. I think that is why I can relate to your compulsion to buy just one more bike.

You have a soulmate.

Don

BTW, that almost looks like the HD Rapido, but I think it was a 125cc.

The difference between the Baja MSR-100 and the SR-100. In fact, it is the same bike but the MSR is the competition model without an electrical system like headlamp or tail light. The SR-100 is the streel legal version with a simple electrical system which also features a brake light.

The electrical system was available separately from Harley-Davidson to convert your MSR-100 to a SR-100.

I'm flat broke but i might sell my soul for a test ride! That's a nice set of wheelzz :o

I have a 1976 Penthouse that I have kept over the years just cuz it has a add with 2 of those Dual sports in the picture.

More like to remind you of who we wanted to (date) in high school.... :o

Kelly....nice addition! Your wife should be entering sainthood soon.