dsfox

Alba in Poway closing

I heard from a reliable source (who's brother WAS working there) that the ALBA shop in Poway was bought out and is CLOSING THE DOORS..

I guess they are clearing out everything.....(I don't know if there are good deals or not????...but if someone is looking!)..

Bummer, another business takes the hit.

My friend's son works at a local multi-line dealer, here's some inside info about Alba.....

"WELL APPARENTLY SUZUKI CAME AND TOOK ALL THEIR STOCK BIKES AND HONDA IS THERE TODAY......... YAMAHA IS SUPPOSED TO COME NEXT WEEK AND KAWASAKI AS WELL. SERVICE WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL ALL STOCK UNITS ARE OFF THE LOT. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So I called, and got their VM message......BUT it still says they are open

Saturdays....

So I called service, and they answered and I asked about the store, and the girl

said " they are closed today "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went there to pick some oil filters, oil, etc up on Saturday to find they were closed. I had a feeling they didn't all take off for a company picnic.

Too bad, that was my go to place for parts, only 5 min from the house.

Bought my wife's R6 from Dave Emde who worked there back in '99.

Had to wait a while for CA to clear the sale of them. Ours was the 50th R6 in CA.

Ya that's a bummer, I have been dealing with them for along time. They use to have a small place on Poway rd.

The name "Alba" has been around and all over the place since the 1970s. I bought my first Bultaco from Alba Bultaco/Hodaka way back when it was in Chula Vista (or right on the border of National City). Then Encinitas Honda became Alba Honda. Then I lost track of them for many years and then found them in Poway a few years ago. I guess their run is finally over, unless somebody resurrects the name again somewhere. ;)

How Sad:

1984 Honda Elite 125

1985 Honda XL 350R

1986 Honda Elite 250

1985 Honda 650 Nighthawk

All bought at Alba in Encinitas.

I went there ........Saturday to find they were closed. I had a feeling they didn't all take off for a company picnic.

Same here.....I was swung by there on Sat and service was open but that's it.........some other guy was there who had just bought a bike and was waiting to receive his pink slip.....but there was no one there to give it to him.........he wasn't pleased.....I had a nice discount set-up at that shop.....dang-it.....

Vey's is now open in El Cajon.....they took over the old Quinsey and will be taking over the Quinsey in Lemon Grove in about 2 weeks.

I have a nice discount set up there as well....Let me know and I could help you have a discount as well!

Bought my wife's R6 from Dave Emde who worked there back in '99.

Went to school with the Emde boys. We used to ride all over the dirt tracks of the South Bay areas. Their mother just passed away this month. Truely the matriarc of the family motorcycle business. Her husband and son won the Daytona, remarkable.

Hijack off.