bikeslut

flagstaff, sedona, crown king

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreatio...reek-camp.shtml

Although Jon and I looked around Camp Verde, this actually looks like a good spot for Monday night. It gives good access to the area with some loops into Sedona, Schnebly Hill Rd, etc.

Reposition just North of Flag the next evening for the loops Jon found (Airport, Wing Mtn, etc)

I'm thinking a 2 PM launch from my house, maybe earlier. If everyone could get bikes/gear/etc to my house Sunday, we'll load and be ready to go. I hafta work Monday 1/2 day so a pre-load works best.

So far, attendees include:

Me

BS

PastaPilot

Beezzz

We're taking one truck & toybox so if anyone's thinking of joining in, please speak up as it changes transportation to two trucks. I'll try to figure out my SPOT breadcrumbing with a link so if anyone wants to find us.......Oh Chaaaaaad.....I know you did this on ur Alaska trip.....Help!

Brian- got your voicemail...I am actually a little bit out of the loop-

Here is what I do know...monday afternoon we plan on leaving..4 of us in trophy truck...we'll gas up, get water and groceries in Sedona area...we'll bring everything over to kens (rancho sd) on Sunday

If you have any questions, post here...

If there are any other people that are planning on going, post here or doodle. We can not fit any more in one vehicle, but I have no issues adding my truck and a trailer if we need it

Sdmxr is a maybe at this point, but he may go separate...

Definite "ins"-trophy, pasta, beezzz and me

Just got off of the phone with a helpful "Steve" at the Coconino Red Rock Ranger Station. Beaver Creek should be no problem on Monday night. Just see the host if he's awake when we get there or settle up in the AM. I'll truck over a few gallons so we can flush when needed as there are no hookups. We'll just get more water at a gas station the next day.

Open camping ....free....on anything designated "dispersed"..... The Coconino site reads like it's just tent camping but Steve said there's plenty of room for the truck/toybox combo in the San Fran Peaks area. I'll look at the maps.

absolutely... totally in... if my wife were to forbid from going, I would leave her... if my mom died, I would send a condolence card to my dad... If my kid got cancer, I would delay chemotherapy... if my DRZ breaks, I will ride the BRP, or stick the DRZ plate on the Wr... If I break a leg, I will still go, and cook and clean for you guys... If I am struck blind by the very hand of God, I will ride bitch behind you...

I'm in :punish:

absolutely... totally in... if my wife were to forbid from going, I would leave her... if my mom died, I would send a condolence card to my dad... If my kid got cancer, I would delay chemotherapy... if my DRZ breaks, I will ride the BRP, or stick the DRZ plate on the Wr... If I break a leg, I will still go, and cook and clean for you guys... If I am struck blind by the very hand of God, I will ride bitch behind you...

I'm in :lol:

So are you going? :ph34r:

I love it! 10 pages of thread for a ride with only 4 participants.

Can we make it to 11?

Only 3 more days to go!

JB

I love it! 10 pages of thread for a ride with only 4 participants.

Can we make it to 11?

Only 3 more days to go!

JB

Jon If I had the time off work I would be there with you guys, slowing you down. And yeah you can make it to 11 pages. You guys have fun a take some photos for me.

Looks like I'm out officially out for this ride - I waited as long as I could to try to pull it all together. That's going to be a fun trip - hope to make the next one. Have fun guys.

sdmxr

Got 3 new tie downs put in the toybox, LP tanks filled, small load of water on board & fridge is cold.

WR has oil change, filter, new rad guards, new Devol aluminum front disc protector, new grips & bracket on rear fender to the rack so the exhaust doesn't cook off the rear signal.

I figured since we'll be going thru AZ, got the AC serviced on the truck & all fluids topped off.

I'll see those who are loading tomorrow at 10. Bring whatever food you want in the fridge, gear, pillow, etc.

Ready to go!!!!!!

Wish ya coulda made it sdmxr....

A little weather update...

Flagstaff, AZ

Five-day forecast (Details)

Tomorrow

Sep 21

Mostly Sunny

Hi: 73°

Lo: 40°

Tuesday

Sep 22

Partly Cloudy

Hi: 65°

Lo: 37°

Wednesday

Sep 23

Partly Cloudy

Hi: 64°

Lo: 38°

Thursday

Sep 24

Showers

Hi: 76°

Lo: 38°

Friday

Sep 25

Mostly Sunny

Hi: 80°

Lo: 43°

Perfect during the day, a little chilly at night.

Sedona, AZ

Warmer day and night. Highs around 80, lows in the 50s.

Perfect.

See you guys in the tomorrow.