bikeslut

flagstaff, sedona, crown king

Just a thought ..... My Mom and Dad live just outside town ( Flagstaff) off of Loupe Rd. We could set up camp there for an overnight spot. We can have showers, power, food, fire pit....etc Let me know if this sounds like a good idea, and I will set it up.

BC

we could take a vote... what is the property like? I kind of like camping out, away from city lights, with Pine Trees, etc. But that may well be a good description of their place, too...

Just a thought ..... My Mom and Dad live just outside town ( Flagstaff) off of Loupe Rd. We could set up camp there for an overnight spot. We can have showers, power, food, fire pit....etc Let me know if this sounds like a good idea, and I will set it up.

BC

we could take a vote... what is the property like? I kind of like camping out, away from city lights, with Pine Trees, etc. But that may well be a good description of their place, too...

40 acers of bliss 25 miles away from any lights/ people

Well, since the dates changed I don't think I can make this. But, I will still try to work something out. My mom lives in AZ so maybe a visit is in order.

want me to call your boss? I'm sure he would be reasonable about it... I'll play up the visit mom angle, too.

It would be great to have you along; I may need somebody to ride my bike through the difficult sections

Yeah, you could try calling the boss :( (also my fiance) but he won't like having to come in and work while I am not there. But, maybe I can get a Thurs. Fri. Sat. Sun. in. I'll go vote for that.

Oh darn, I was hoping YOU could ride MY bike through the tough stuff. jk. Looks like I would have to take the KTM. It's a tall bike so I am not as profficient as on my Honda 250X.

That'd keep me from haulin' 4000 lbs of toybox.....I could do 3 bikes with gear/people or hook up the Kendon & do 4. Save on gas. Unless we need the sleeping quarters in addition to BS's trailer. I could bring an air mattress for the back of the truck which'd be fine for me.

Still open for the hauler if needed...just throwing ideas out there.

OK with being more remote too.....put the vote in.

My vote would be the BC330 property, enclosed trailer, Kendon if needed. I'll crash in the back of the truck or tent it.

I have a 3 person tent & a 3 room tent. Plenty of sleeping bags & 3 air mattresses.

Open to whatever the group decides......

Brent- can you tell us (obviously after getting permission from the 'rents) where the property is located? If I were to go, I'd prefer a pre-made, luxury tent in town, and see if one is close by.

Guest crmyers

OK so what is the date/ dates? I think I read all 4 pages of posts and did not see a firm date. Of coarse I am kinda stupid, and have had a beer or two, gotta love Alpine Brewery.

I love Alpine brewery!

Sept 22-26 is the date for most. Sounds like we'll have at least two vehicles going so exact dates may budge for some people

I am penciled in for sept- check out the link on the first page...22-26 or so...

This is actually the firm date. Buried in the Doodle schedule link.

Hope ya can make it! :(

Edit: Simultaneous post.

BEEZZZ IS IN !!!

I can offer accommodations in Sedona. A single wide trailer, one bedroom, kitchen, living room, 2nd home of my father's, but nice place in trailer park, scenic. Near "Slide Rock." We would have to quiet in general. My father says that it should have enough parking, but I have not been there to appraise it. Parking for 2 trucks in driveway (o.k.), with large trailers (???). The park has gravel guest parking (???). Unsure of size. I have not seen it. Good location and place in general.

Who know of riding areas in Sedona?

Welcome home Beeeez! Glad u can make it. Sedona is prolly a bit away from the riding area but I haven't mapped it.

Ride leader to make that call. I think most, including me, are looking for the "camping" type experience...away from people in general.

Plz save stories of the private Greek Island for the campfire...dyin' to hear those.

I would love to ride in Sedona or Prescott, in addition to the Flagstaff area... THAT'S why we have planning meetings. People that are considering going can bring ideas to the table and get a vote. Heck! We could agree to caravan out to Sedona, split up for the day, and meet the next day in Flag. Sedona is kind of on the way, and I would prefer 89A to I-17 any way... Unless I am pulling a trailer; but we could still hit it as a day trip

As soon as pasta checks in, we'll set up a planning session

http://www.flagstaffcentral.com/Subjects/N...es/pictures.htm

I would love to ride in Sedona or Prescott, in addition to the Flagstaff area... THAT'S why we have planning meetings. People that are considering going can bring ideas to the table and get a vote. Heck! We could agree to caravan out to Sedona, split up for the day, and meet the next day in Flag. Sedona is kind of on the way, and I would prefer 89A to I-17 any way... Unless I am pulling a trailer; but we could still hit it as a day trip

As soon as pasta checks in, we'll set up a planning session

http://www.flagstaffcentral.com/Subjects/N...es/pictures.htm

Anybody know the avg temps for Sedona and Prescott for lateSept? I'd love to tour Sedona, I don't know much about Prescott, tours would be temperature permtting of course. Bob we could always plan to go back to Prescott/Sedona in a few months if it's too hot.

Jon

Sedona and Prescott are rarely too hot... Sedona gets over 100 a few days each year, but unless there is a late summer hot spell, the weather there should be great in Sept... I'm more concerned about heat than cold... but I'm camping... if it gets too cold, I'm going to a Holiday Inn. Just to start the ball rolling on "plans"

I don't mind driving over night to Sedona or Prescott... setting up temporary camp for the day... trail ride all day, then caravan over to Flag (max 2 hour drive), then set up camp for a couple of days

Is it Sept 22nd yet?

Sedona and Prescott are rarely too hot... Sedona gets over 100 a few days each year, but unless there is a late summer hot spell, the weather there should be great in Sept...

I came through Flagstaff/Sedona/Prescott just after labor day weekend last year and it was pretty nice.......also found some fun stuff in my wondering.....unfortunately the Indian Ruins were closed when I rolled by because it was about 7am......hopefully you folks will be able to check'em out.....

Posts 13 & 15 from my Denver to San Diego trip report cover my spin through that area: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...ost&p=26282

Can we set a planning meeting? I'll do a spaghetti dinner (no, you can't come unless you're going to AZ ;) )

I'd like to know if I need to "go thru" the toy box, etc.

Avail weeknights & weekends.

Jon...I have a GPS I know how to turn on. If you have tracks, maybe you could bring them and I could fumble thru setting them up.

Very generous offer Ken; I will spring for pizza so nobody has to cook-BC has been in contact with some peeps in Az about trail status, etc.

This week is a little tight for me, but if everybody else wants to set it up for this week, I'll go with the flow.

Can't do it Tuesday or Sat for sure...

Bob we spoke of Thursday night. I can do Thursday. Anybody else?

I will bring all the info I have on the areas in question.

Thursdays good for me. 6:00 or after is best but I can adjust to earlier if needed for the group.

I'll have drinks (left from BBQ) to go with the pizza.

Thursday night after 7:00 for me, will have to hook up with yall after work. Comming out of Ramona my be 8:00ish? Might be a good Idea if I just get together with Bob or? for info transfer! Have not heard back from the folks at the coconino forest dept.

yet! I am getting on the horn now

BC

my other Director is out of work for the week, so THIS Thursday just got sht canned... how does NEXT Thursday look for everyone. Assuming Brent works in Ramona, maybe we could meet near Lakeside or El Cajon at a pizza place?

out

out of AZ, or out for either Thursday???

Well, Jon... let's start some planning via e-mail for now, then...