robertaccio

JAMUL MX Track another New track in San Diego!

Wow another local track very close to SD proper!!!

CAVMX has opened a nice looking track in JAMUL!! see website

JAMUL, CALVMX Track,,,,old guy/gal rider/Vintage bike friendly!!

http://www.calvmx.net/Jamul.html

open for biz!!

looks like a really well executed little enterprise there. Very nice and well groomed. They don't say what a session costs though. :angry:

There was something about a $60 a month pass.

looks like a really well executed little enterprise there. Very nice and well groomed. They don't say what a session costs though. :unsure:

Wow another local track very close to SD proper!!!

CAVMX has opened a nice looking track in JAMUL!! see website

JAMUL, CALVMX Track,,,,old guy/gal rider/Vintage bike friendly!!

http://www.calvmx.net/Jamul.html

open for biz!!

Robert-in your description it says "enduro suspended (me)"...wha happen?

BS,

soft plushy non-MX valved forks and shock,,,,no good for the more "modern"* type MX tracks............(me, soft, plushy, heavy,old, too big...no good for the more "modern"* MX tracks)

"modern"* spending a higher percentage of lap time in the air at higher altitudes with dire consequences for easily made mistakes.

I would like to say openly to the SDAR riders that the track is kind of like the gym, it is the best place to hone your skills in a controlled environment, you can practice all the skills, (acceleration, throttle control, braking, power wheelies, cornering etc etc ) without boulders and trees to interfere. The track lets you find your limits and gel with your bike in a clear environment. Plus for the gym side it is a real stamina builder. enjoy the ride, R

The CALVMX people are very nice and have a boatload of amazing bikes,,,,there were all kinds of vintage Euro and Japanese machines there. It is family atmosphere with strict rules, of pit speed, drinking, track courtesy etc.

My daughter was on her TTR125 and went well around the track on it with no issues. there are some fast old bike riders there, they sound and look great!! CZ, Maico,Suzuki,Yamahas,Hondas etc

the CALVMX requires ownership of a vintage legal machine (my kids 1980 XR80 qualified) the track fee is 20 per bike/rider per day. Its open 7 days a week with an advance call to the site keeper Sat and Sun no call needed. That 60 buck thing is if you think you will ride more than 3 times a month pay one fee for unlimited riding. The club fee was a 1 time 20 for 1/2 year 35 per year.

there is a very nice pee wee track for the very little ones,

The main track is a tight course MX track, geared for vintage machines (read no crazy jumps). I give the MX track a 6-7.5 depending on moisture, but this is Jamul SoCal. It has alot of hard pack under loose sandy top and throttle/brake slide control is paramount it is a very technical MX track for this reason. For me on the 450 it was a tough track a very soft 250 would be better. But again I am a nut and if I am uncomfortable then I know I need to practice that type of terrain. The track is lodaed with esses and sharp turns in low traction surface, very good for bike control.

For all the vintage owners I recommend this club they seem to be on the ball and have great intentions for the track and surrounding areas, plus they have a great racing series.

PS the actual property is open for limited trail riding as well. R

the closeness makes it worth it!

Huh. How do we prove ownership of a vintage bike? I have the vintage rider pretty well covered...

Huh. How do we prove ownership of a vintage bike? I have the vintage rider pretty well covered...

say you will own a vintage machine before the end of the year....

sorry for the thread resurrection, but the webiste is dead? anyone know if this is still going and open?

Definitely not open weekdays. Possibly open weekends but you'd have to get there early to check.

I don't think there is enough business to support the tracks.

Barona is back up on weekends but busy with races - check the website.

Marty Smith MX closed after a few weeks.

RPMX is allegedly hit or miss if they're open on the weekend (they have a shop though RP Racing in El Cajon, you could try calling them for info).

Pala is open Wed-Sun I believe.

Cahuilla is Fri-Sun if I recall.