Crawdaddy

Bass Lake - My favorite CA. trail riding destination

I still think your new outfit and a batarang would have solved the problem. :rolleyes:

Oh it will, you just wait...

In all it was a great time! Great riding area and I sure hope to head back up there one of these days!

We'll be back.....you can count on it.....Bass Lake is "THE SH*T!!!" (as you heard me state (repeatedly) over the radio :rolleyes: )

In all it was a great time! Great riding area and I sure hope to head back up there one of these days!

We'll be back.....you can count on it.....Bass Lake is "THE SH*T!!!" (as you heard me state (repeatedly) over the radio ;) )

Bass Lake, Bishop, Bar 10, definitely in the top 3 riding places I've ever been. Absolutely EPIC riding!

We'll be back.....you can count on it.....Bass Lake is "THE SH*T!!!" (as you heard me state (repeatedly) over the radio ;) )

Bass Lake, Bishop, Bar 10, definitely in the top 3 riding places I've ever been. Absolutely EPIC riding!

What a great place to ride. Wow you guys really found some great tracks. I did the Bass Lake 250 last year and I'm hooked. Fortunatly the inlaws retired up there a couple of years ago so I have a great reason to visit. :D

Nice pics -- Glad the squealer made the trip and Jarret got to go. Nothing on a bike that can't be fixed, I'm just sorry that I let the sprockets get into such bad shape that he couldn't do day three. (although Strega needed some company after his scarry get-off)

Nice pics -- Glad the squealer made the trip and Jarret got to go. Nothing on a bike that can't be fixed, I'm just sorry that I let the sprockets get into such bad shape that he couldn't do day three. (although Strega needed some company after his scarry get-off)

Thanks again Freddy....

One word on sprockets for dualsport use - "STEEL".......aluminum sprockets crap out waaay too quickly for our "big mileage" usage (I'm not a racer so I could care less that the steel sprockets weigh more......and I like the fact that they're half the price)

You can pick up a Primary drive set (two steel sprockets and an X-Ring Chain) from Rocky Mtn ATV: http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...8#vehicleSelect

Sprockets are sold in stock sizes (probably 14/48-50 on your KTM?) so if you want to keep the same 13/52 that you have on there now you’ll need to call them to see if they can change up the kit (FYI - 13/52 *may* also require a slightly longer chain than stock?)…….I actually prefer 14/52 over 13/52 unless I’m in super knarly stuff……

Great photos........and a great trip ! I gotta get up there some time soon.

It gets pretty hot up there, and during the winter they see snow and stuff so you have to watch the weather. Not any warmer than down here of course but not a cool malibu breeze or anything.

It gets pretty hot up there, and during the winter they see snow and stuff so you have to watch the weather. Not any warmer than down here of course but not a cool malibu breeze or anything.

Some of the stream crossings can be pretty deep until mid June if it's a heavy snow year......so I'd say the main season is *usually* June-November.......(I'm sure the streams probably weren't too bad in May this year)........ after October you're rolling the dice on cold/wet weather.....the Bass Lake 250 used to always be held in July and the hot summer temps weren't THAT big a deal..........it might be ~105 in Oakhurst but that's OK because the trails are up in the 5-7K' range and many of them are shaded........so you might find yourself riding in a "80's" temp range for the bulk of your riding day even when it's 100+ down in Oakhurst.......

The O.C. Dualies club ride has shifted to the Fall in recent years......nice change.....a bit cooler and beautiful fall colors/scenery......invitation only, must be an active Dualies member to receive an invitation.......I've been a member since that first ride with the Dualies in July of 02.....

http://www.dualies.com/html/bass_lake.html

Wow great photos awesome trip guys. That place looks amazing!

Some of the stream crossings can be pretty deep until mid June if it's a heavy snow year......so I'd say the main season is *usually* June-November.......(I'm sure the streams probably weren't too bad in May this year)........ after October you're rolling the dice on cold/wet weather.....the Bass Lake 250 used to always be held in July and the hot summer temps weren't THAT big a deal..........it might be ~105 in Oakhurst but that's OK because the trails are up in the 5-7K' range and many of them are shaded........so you might find yourself riding in a "80's" temp range for the bulk of your riding day even when it's 100+ down in Oakhurst.......

The O.C. Dualies club ride has shifted to the Fall in recent years......nice change.....a bit cooler and beautiful fall colors/scenery......invitation only, must be an active Dualies member to receive an invitation.......I've been a member since that first ride with the Dualies in July of 02.....

Well in that case I know where I need to spend some 3 day weekends after Troy Meadows before the snows hit

Well in that case I know where I need to spend some 3 day weekends after Troy Meadows before the snows hit

Burn up the hall passes this year and get to Bass Lake before most of that stuff gets closed =(

I can go any weekend most likely its just I prefer at least a 3 day weekend for that drive

Just rec'd an e-mail from Larry Langley......club ride is Oct 3/4 this year.....

He just posted the same info on the D37 board: http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30836