Ride-Orange

Any Divers?

Last night I got orientation for Sport Chalet's PADI open water diver course :ph34r:

Does anybody here dive? Or used to dive and wants to get back into it a little?

If nothing else, I could use some advice on equipment... :rolleyes:

call NATE at OEX in oceanside, he owns a kayak/dive shop, He is also a PRO STAFF on my fishing team.

Good dude and he will help you out with everything you need.

Also if you need help with Diving, We are one of the biggest UNI producers in the west, we have 25 divers harvesting sea urchin most everyday, they will help you get started.....

spearboard.com is your friend

lets do it ! i was certified moons ago and i would love to get back into it! what sport chalet are you going to?

I have been certified for scuba since I was 17, but over the years it was just easier to go skindiving with just a wetsuit and weight belt to help offset the boyancy of the wetsuit. I still use a 6 ft sling for the kill. My neighbor owns the Diving Locker in Escondido, my 16 yo dives with his 16 yo kid and they do sports together in High School.

I was certified too, but like Schwinn, find snorkeling a lot simpler, and almost as fun. Since I don't have the time for good trips to Cozumel, Cabo, etc., simpler is better... somebody want to sponsor a week on a boat in the Bahamas? Tortugas? Galapagos?

I'm advanced-level certified and found it kind of boring, unless diving in the Caribbean or something. I last used my gear in a swimming pool photographing a swimmer.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll make the calls as I'm starting to look into gear.

After I get done with the course, maybe you skinners can show me the ropes ;)

I've been certified for about 3 years. My youngest daughter got certified 2 years ago (she was 12 at the time) and we have done a couple of dive trips - Coronados and Catalina. I did a 3 day dive boat trip on the Great Barrier Reef last year and most recently dived in Maui. Warm water diving is much nicer than the diving around here with a 7mm wet suit.

I would love to do more diving, but right now I'm not ready to spend the money to buy the BCD, regulators, computer, tanks, etc. Much easier to just rent the gear from Sport Chalet when I need it.

I'm advanced-level certified and found it kind of boring......

+1 :blink: ..........sold most of my scuba stuff to help pay moto addiction expenses......

Got my PADI cert in 1979 but haven't used it since. Always wanted to get back out but like Chris have been spending $$ and time on moto sports or some other hobby.

Another certified diver here.....who didn't find the time to dive due to a certain addiction.........motorcycles !

Maybe I'll go diving someday........like others said, the snorkeling idea sounds easier to me.

I have all my gear, but haven't used it in a few years. :rolleyes: