Sounds like "somebody" should lead a Hungry Valley/Gorman trip when it cools down. It's good the locals understand the economy behind outdoor sports.......especially ours.

Thx for posting Tracy......and leading the future ride :lazy:

I concur I missed the last one with visiting my family :lazy: Even right now gorman isn't hitting 90 degrees until late in the afternoon. If you get out of the bottom of the stuff and up into LPNF I think the crowds thin out as well

Great point....and nice to see somebody with insight....much nicer if they are happy to see our money, and we are happy to visit their trails, etc....

The Kern river area is awesome, and one of my favorites for so much recreation...can't wait to try the riding up there.

speaking of summer temps: I read of some recent visitors to Troy meadows that got snowed on all weekend (this June).....

Sounds like "somebody" should lead a Hungry Valley/Gorman trip when it cools down.

Hint taken! :rolleyes:

I'm swamped the next month or so with camps and other events,,,actually through September, so no camping trips in my future. A weekday day trip now,,,I could be all over that!

Anybody feel a cold coming on?

I'm swamped the next month or so with camps and other events,,,actually through September, so no camping trips in my future. A weekday day trip now,,,I could be all over that!

Only when summer is over and it ain't so hot. :rolleyes:

Only when summer is over and it ain't so hot. :rolleyes:

Awwwww,,, Day trips to Gorman start by hitting the road at around 4:45 am Mimi!!! I was so looking forward to seeing your chipper smile at that early hour!

Temps in the LPNF this time of year are in the mid 70's. Yeah its hot down in the valley but that just makes the forest feel that much better!

Mimi didn't know there was even such a thing as 4:45 IN THE MORNING...

But that sounds great Tracy... to show you how sick I am... I would just as soon leave at Midnight, and be on the trail at sun-up... ride all day, then take turns driving/sleeping, then back to work the next day

Mimi didn't know there was even such a thing as 4:45 IN THE MORNING...

Yes I did, that time was known as "the start of inventory" or "we had a break-in" back in my employed days. :rolleyes:

I'd probably even go for a day trip weekday but if I am going to pull off Troy Meadows I might not want to do that right away