Sign in to follow this  
karlaeda

Hi SDAR!

Hey Guys,

My name is George - I have recently went on one of your informal rides with Gypsyfrog and Phil and managed a wipeout (http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4967) - I still tell everybody that's what it takes to get approved on this site. :blink:

I ride an 09 Vstrom which is in the rebuilding stage right now after the "incident" - nothing too bad just some plastics and windscreen needed to be replaced.

Would love to go on another ride soon once my thumb heals up (bruised it pretty good) as clutching currently is a problem!

See you folks out there and be safe!

Welcome George...

saw those pics and read of your incident....glad you are ok for the most part...heal up, fix the bike, and maybe see you on a ride soon.

Welcome George! Also have a Strom in the quiver. Once healed, post up or join back in.

Welcome aboard. Now that it's summer, there should be lots of easy paced scenic dual sport rides.

Welcome George! All healed up, new tires? Took a small spill last week too (figures I'd fall before my crashbars come in), but all is well, only blinkers. Don't know why BMW puts non flexible turnsignals on anyway. . Hope to see you out here soon. I took the liberty and rebuilt your bike for you....here it is.......its been on the juice, but thats not illegal is is?

post-13493-1246579350_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys,

My name is George - I have recently went on one of your informal rides with Gypsyfrog and Phil and managed a wipeout (http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4967) - I still tell everybody that's what it takes to get approved on this site. :D

I ride an 09 Vstrom which is in the rebuilding stage right now after the "incident" - nothing too bad just some plastics and windscreen needed to be replaced.

Would love to go on another ride soon once my thumb heals up (bruised it pretty good) as clutching currently is a problem!

See you folks out there and be safe!

Hi George

Welcome to the group. The trick is to just not fall down. I gave it up years ago. I leave that to the younger guys. :lazy:

George!!!

Glad you made it here.

I'm the only one left from our ride that hasn't dumped! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Phill

Welcome George! All healed up, new tires? Took a small spill last week too (figures I'd fall before my crashbars come in), but all is well. Hope to see you out here soon. I think I found you a new VSTROM, but think it's been on the juice....

Hey Mike-

Hope you are okay. Yeah, those crash bars are amazing..shame you didn't have them yet ;)

That Strom looks wicked. I actually finished putting mine back together yesterday and took a short ride along the coast with a friend of mine, boy, did I miss it.

Phil-

Take it easy now, my friend, no crashing/spilling/dropping allowed for you!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome, see you out there! Still on Deathwings, but I will probably hold on from going on dirt until the new (or used for that matter) KLR is parked in my garage :D

George

welcome George! some unsolicited advice... a KLR is pretty close in function to your Strom... you may want to consider something a little "dirtier"; that will give you more options when riding with SDAR

welcome George! some unsolicited advice... a KLR is pretty close in function to your Strom... you may want to consider something a little "dirtier"; that will give you more options when riding with SDAR

I always get the two models mixed up- meant KLX ;)

Or, you tame it into submission a bit! The V is an awesome touring bike and I was actually surprised to see what they can take. Apparently, they can get a bit dirty too.

post-13493-1246723669.jpg

post-13493-1246723689.jpg

post-13493-1246723718.jpg

post-13493-1246723741.jpg

post-13493-1246723772.jpg

post-13493-1246723824.jpg

post-13493-1246723844.jpg

Or, you ride the ride you got and tame it into submission a bit! The V is an awesome touring bike, it can get a bit dirty too.

It's mah baby, I don't want to hurt it anymore ;). Think something lighter as a beginner would be better. Speaking of which, I was out today and went over an oil spill on 79 from Julian...locked up rear wheel again at 20mph in the twisties, slowed down and stopped in the middle of highway. Glad nobody was around :D. Was freaked out all the way home and could not get that crap off my tire for the next few miles--

That Strom looks wicked. I actually finished putting mine back together yesterday and took a short ride along the coast with a friend of mine, boy, did I miss it.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome, see you out there! Still on Deathwings, but I will probably hold on from going on dirt until the new (or used for that matter) KLR is parked in my garage :)

George

George, what's wrong with the DRZ400? That's your dirt bike!

Steve

DUDE ! ! ! Can I borrow it for a week or a weekend or 3? :)

post-13493-1246579350_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the greatest motorcycle club ever George!

Didn't have the DRZ until recently! Loving it.

Speaking of strom...it becomes more and more looking like that one in the picture. Grabbing all sorts of upgrades for it- That thing sounds fantastic at >7k too!!!

-George