anybody want to hit Pala? Just getting a feel to see if anybody is interested... Haven't got the OK at work, yet. I'll drive my truck and pick up some people if there's interest

I'm not interested in riding the track, but I would like to do some riding next week. I'd love to go up to Big Bear or maybe just stay closer to home. I sure had a great time last Saturday. I tried to post pics today but my POS computer overheated and shut down.

I'll try again tomorrow.

I got friday the 3rd off and would hit the track with you then. You wouldn't rather hit the track thats like 20 minutes from your house at the golden acorn?

I got friday the 3rd off and would hit the track with you then. You wouldn't rather hit the track thats like 20 minutes from your house at the golden acorn?

I can only go Thursday... Jon? Why no track? If you want to do a different ride, let me know.

Brad... I was assuming, maybe incorrectly, that the Pala dirt is a little more MX like than the Golden Acorn (which I assume to be DG and sand... much like Lark)

I haven't ridden on a track in over 30 years, and was looking forward to a SaddleBack type dirt... not exactly loamy by any measure, but more... uh... dirt

Fridays are a little tough for the remainder of the summer

I can only go Thursday... Jon? Why no track? If you want to do a different ride, let me know.

Brad... I was assuming, maybe incorrectly, that the Pala dirt is a little more MX like than the Golden Acorn (which I assume to be DG and sand... much like Lark)

I haven't ridden on a track in over 30 years, and was looking forward to a SaddleBack type dirt... not exactly loamy by any measure, but more... uh... dirt

right on,t hey apparently have an indoor mx track at Golden acorn and 1 maybe 2 outdoor tracks there too. You might want to go do a recon mission and take some photos while your there. Driving out on the 8 beats the heck out of going to north county.

Next week is booked for me, but I am planning on going Tues. the 7th.

right on,t hey apparently have an indoor mx track at Golden acorn and 1 maybe 2 outdoor tracks there too. You might want to go do a recon mission and take some photos while your there. Driving out on the 8 beats the heck out of going to north county.

Now you know how I feel with most the rides being Campo/McCain/Lark/Pine Valley ETC lol

here it comes . . . hijack on: what about Sunday at Pala Bikeslut? I couldn't go up to BBTR this weekend because of work, but a track and a 2-stroke On Any Sunday sounds fun. Or forgetting recon, we could hit Golden Acorn and ride on.

I still feel like I'm "breaking in" the new "motorbike" and don't want to ride it on the MX track just yet. Maybe I'm just babying it but it's mine and I don't care. I'd love to do a day in Big Bear but if it's too much time for you the local stuff would be good for me.

I still feel like I'm "breaking in" the new "motorbike" and don't want to ride it on the MX track just yet. Maybe I'm just babying it but it's mine and I don't care. I'd love to do a day in Big Bear but if it's too much time for you the local stuff would be good for me.

You're babying it... ride it like you stole it... notice I took the high road here...

Jon; if you want to ride a green sticker route, go ahead and hi-jack this thread... it's going nowhere fast

it's going nowhere fast

that time of the month?

We checked out the golden crackcorn today. It was sweet. I would go either place with you on thursday but I gotta go to that annoying work place that day.

Go to the racing thread for a writeup on the acorn track.

it's going nowhere fast

that time of the month?

We checked out the golden crackcorn today. It was sweet. I would go either place with you on thursday but I gotta go to that annoying work place that day.

Go to the racing thread for a writeup on the acorn track.

saw the report! Thanks! I'll try to make it out there soon

Ok these Big Bear riders got me itching to go there. I've never been and would really like to. bikeslut, can you get away for the day?

Big Bear, Thursday, hmm hmm

I'm working real hard on getting another 2smoke but if I can't get it by thursday I'm in for a dual sport ride, something early

maybe up in the mountains

I just remembered I have a kickball game Thursday night. I can't do Big Bear, but Otay is looking real good. Real fun and close enough to the coast to stay cool in the July heat.

Ozzy you think you'd be interested in an early morning assault in this area? Maybe 8AM to around 1PM?

:ph34r:

OK- I got a PM about Golden Acorn, an e-mail about Otay, and Ozzy is still mad at me for honking at him in North Park (saw your wife on the freeway the other day... she didn't seem mad at me ;) )

So; do we have a plan?

I WILL be riding, and would prefer the track or a green sticker ride, but the DRZ for a DS ride would be ok too (geared real high right now, so no freeway, puleeze)

OR- a DS ride up to Palomar on twisty roads on the XRL

Too many bikes- I really should get a plated WR :lol:

Looks like I just might have the smoker wednesday night so thursday at the track sounds good I'll keep you posted.

RESMOKEN OZ

C'mon Jon... just cuz it's a track doesn't mean you have to race :ph34r:

Just out there havin' fun...

OK, I'm headed out to Golden Acorn tomorrow at 9-ish, depending on my exit from here. I won't be there too long, just a few hours. Here's there details: http://www.myspace.com/goldenacornmotocrosspark

p

I'll be there with Ozzy... i'll try to bring a good camera...

now: clean the air filter, put on the new knobby, fill up the gas tank... and tell my family/babysitter and boss that I am going... :blink:

don't go out there and drive around in circles looking for the place like I did. get off at acorn exit and then go east on old 80 for about 1-2 miles until you come to the live oak resort. hang a left at the gas station\store there and go through live oaks neighborhood and up under the freeway.

If I don't have to work I might come out, they open at 9.