Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Bumper Racks?

Cycle Rack for bumper/hitch receiver mount?

Any recommendations on where to get a rack for a 300lb moto? I thought someone referenced a manufacturer in San Marcos.

My plan is to ditch the trailer and use a bumper rail.

Thanks for any info.

Joe Hauler is in san marcos and a friend of the club> He has given us a hauler in the past for the desert dash> His name is Joe DeRosier and is a avid Racer. If you want 1 PM me. I will call him Friday for a price. I have one that holds the harley and my 690 but my truck is a F-350 with a high grade receiver.

Heard nothin' but good things about Joe Haulers but didn't want to spend the $$$ for my occasional use. I bought and have used http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-carrier.htm $160 with shipping. I got it for $129 with free shipping so I may have gone with joe for 160.......

It seems strange with the mid tie downs but actually compresses the front and back suspensions. Very stable. Comes with a ramp.

The only glitch I've found is the open ladder type carrier is a little more work when rolling the bike on/off than a smooth one. It's light and took a DR650 all the way to Mesquite and back with no problems.

Cycle Rack for bumper/hitch receiver mount?

Any recommendations on where to get a rack for a 300lb moto? I thought someone referenced a manufacturer in San Marcos.

My plan is to ditch the trailer and use a bumper rail.

Thanks for any info.

I hope I dont get in trouble for this but here it goes

Standard Rack single $300.00 with hidden hitch pin add $25.00 with Cam-lock add $50.00

you can get 2 ramps at Harbor freight and tool for like $34.00. Use one for your hauler.

Standard rack is rated at 600 lbs

Cam-lok rack is rated at 800lbs.

Be sure to check weight rating on your hitch before loading a 990 :rolleyes:

Big Thank You to Schwinn,

I pick up the new Cam-Loc Single Rail next week.

Also, plan on getting one of those cool Shaker siphon tubes.

Derick says the Cam-Loc is rated at 600lbs but the 990 would be dodgy.

I guess it needs to be sold and replaced with a lighter bike!cool.gif

what about those ones that work like a hydralic lift vs the ones that have a full rail? any difference in how well they hold a bike?

what about those ones that work like a hydralic lift vs the ones that have a full rail? any difference in how well they hold a bike?

I've got one of those that I have use a couple of times now. It seems to carry the bike all right. But you do still have to get the bike over the floor of the lift. For me that means rolling the bike untill the front wheel is in place and then draging the rear over so the bike is centered over the table. If you had two people I guess you could just back the vehicle untill the table was under the bike, but I got this for one person loading. A bike ramp like a Joe Hauler might be easier.

I use a hauler type rack like that sometimes to transport my DR650 on the back of my 1977 1/2 ton GMC. You need to be really aware about how that weight back there will affect the way your vehicle drives.

I use a hauler type rack like that sometimes to transport my DR650 on the back of my 1977 1/2 ton GMC. You need to be really aware about how that weight back there will affect the way your vehicle drives.

In particular, the ground clearance at the end of the hauler rack will be much less than you are used to. If you have to go over a bump, do it very slowly. I have a Joe Hauler on my Astro van and carry my DR650 on it. After about six months of that, I finally decided to add pneumatic load levelers to the rear suspension. Voila, adjustable ground clearance. I have had no problems with the Joe Hauler.

Steve

Thanks Schwinn, Derick took care of my needs

586834707_MCEWQ-L.jpg

Looks rather lonely back there by itself